Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:35 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,691,047 times

Advertisements

A stupid commie saying something stupid on a stupid anti God/Christian propaganda show? What did you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,734,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Watching RTWBM and Moore said that skinnies pirate of Somalia because we over fished the waters. LMAO this fat ass never tires of trying to make it all Americas fault. He was even offended when the theater clapped when the skinnies were killed. I think all the fat is going to he brain.
You know, he might have a point or he might not. Someone would prove themselves to be pretty stupid to be whining about this and saying Moore is wrong without bothering to learn about the issue.

He might have a point, he might not, but to say he is wrong and not even look in to the data is just stupid.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:27 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't think it's because of US fishing boats mainly, but rampant illegal over-fishing (which happens because Somalia doesn't have government capable of stopping it) certainly is, and has long been, a major contributing factor to Somalian piracy.

How Somalia's Fishermen Became Pirates - TIME

This has been mentioned long before Moore did. I don't like Moore especially his anti gun stance however that doesn't mean the other sideof politics is always wrong on everything and one should at least listen to all sides and gain as many facts before basing a opinion.

I am not defending pirates, but it is possible that exploitation is one of the causes for some to result to other means. Africa is known to be exploited by many including oil companies that think building a wooden school for the locals justifies ruining local waters with oil spills.

And it is not America exploiting Africa as it is other countries more increasingly China. One need only look back on the history of the buffalo to see unregulated exploitation can happen and that conservation like we did with the buffalo can prevent extinction.I am not some liberal green peace environmentalist but I am a realist hopefully seeing that sometimes people will exploit resources.

I am sure if Moore was back in the 1800's saying we are exterminating the buffalo and the indians main resource some would have called him a friggin indian lover going against his own.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
What does Moore's weight have to do with the facts? I truly believe that we have many juveniles postng on CD. How else would one explain the unworldliness and ignorance.

Quote:
The cause is resource based conflict as well as international injustice and endangering the life of the Somali population through the dumping of hazardous waste in the Somali seas. After the Somali fishermen struggle against the foreign IUUS (illegal, unregulated and unreported) fishing, the same IUUS armed themselves and overpowered the fishermen, who complained and appealed to the international community for assistance but were ignored. The Somali fishermen realized that most of the IUUS vessels and the commercial ships going through the Somali shores were owned by the same nations. They then decided to attack the commercial ships to draw attention to the issue. But instead of considering the fishermen's complaints, the international community waged war against the fishermen who, in turn, invited all kinds of armed Somali militias to support them.

Somali Pirates

Really pathetic how some have no problem demonizing people that are desperately attempting to keep what little they have and the people like Moore that expose the truth behind the news, but worrship greed driven pigs like the Kochs that will ravage the planet because enormous wealth is never enough.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
A stupid commie saying something stupid on a stupid anti God/Christian propaganda show? What did you expect?
How very "Christian" of you to ignore the facts of the plight of the Somalians. I don't support violence and piracy, but these people are downtrodden and desperate and you should recognize that. Maybe it is the hypocrisy of people like you that prompted Moore to abandon plans to enter the priesthood. The right wing hates anyone that expose their sociopathy.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,970,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What does Moore's weight have to do with the facts? I truly believe that we have many juveniles postng on CD. How else would one explain the unworldliness and ignorance.

Really pathetic how some have no problem demonizing people that are desprately trying to attempt to keep what little they have and the people like Moore that expose the truth behind the news, but worrship greed driven pigs like the Kochs that will ravage the planet because enormous wealth is never enough.
Oh yes we all know how the ******* will victimize the victim and and make a victim out of the perpetrator. Its common ******* practice 101. Mumia did not shoot that cop in the back of the head, No let em all out of jail because its the man that put them there. bla bal bal. What a really dumbass thing to say.

Moore has a history of pushing the idea that anyone who makes money I.E corporations ect are evil and those who sit on their ass and do nothing and expect to get Obama bucks and an Iphone are really the ones who are being exploited. Bla bal bal. Heard it all before and its just BS trash talk.

Its just like NOLA when it flooded, and then compare it to the upper Mississippi when it flooded. Those in the upper Mississippi did not run out and loot the walmarts and rape everyone they could find, they ended up helping others. You want to do to the Skinnies what many like you have done to the blacks in this country make them dependent on a handout. Treat them like a shelter dog and they will act like ont.

Now before idiot *******s jump on me for being right wing, I am an independent who believes in the single payer health care system with some caveats. One is that you have a copay every time you go into for an office visit or get a prescription. This would keep the lazy idiots from running into have a Dr or nurse wipe the nose of some snotty 5yo whos mother is too fat from eating little Debby cakes to do it herself. The only thing that will keep a welfare queen from doing stupid things is to make it take money out of their crack fund.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,970,134 times
Quote:
How very "Christian" of you to ignore the facts of the plight of the Somalians. I don't support violence and piracy, but these people are downtrodden and desperate and you should recognize that. Maybe it is the hypocrisy of people like you that prompted Moore to abandon plans to enter the priesthood. The right wing hates anyone that expose their sociopathy.
And the US Navy fixed their problem with a 5.56 to the head. There no more problem forever. We need to fix a few more problems and they will not be so stupid. you *******s want it both ways, if we go in to a country you whine about sovereign nations, if we don't and they attack shipping in international waters its because they are poor.

In late September 1985, pro-Iranian Shiites put the snatch on four attaches
from the Russian Embassy in Beirut and warned that the hostages would be executed, one by one, unless the Soviets persuaded pro-Syrian militiamen to stop shelling Hezbollah strongholds in the Lebanese port city of Tripoli.
On that occasion, the "Oppressed of the Earth" were billing themselves as agents of the hitherto unknown "Islamic Liberation Organization," but the KBG had no doubts about who they really were.
Although the Soviets attempted to open channels for quiet negotiations, there was no let-up in the shellings. Only two days after the kidnappings, the body of one of the four hostages was found, shot through the head, on a Beirut trash dump.
So much for quiet negotiations. Having gotten the message, the Soviets decided to send one back.
KGB agents ran the name of a prominent Hezbollah leader through their computers and came up with the name and address of one of his closest blood relatives. They then kidnapped the kinsman, castrated him, and sent his severed organs to the Hezbollah honcho.
The package was accompanied by a terse cover note indicating that the KGB had the names of other close relatives and that Hezbollah could expect more such deliveries unless the three remaining hostages were freed forthwith.
It didn't take much time for Hezbollah to realize it was dealing with a different breed of "Great Satan." The three surviving hostages were dropped off only 150 yards from the Soviet Embassy from a late-model BMW that couldn't drive away fast enough.

You don't fight violence with some Hollywood idiot singing kumbaya, jeezzz friggin idiots

Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Oh yes we all know how the ******* will victimize the victim and and make a victim out of the perpetrator. Its common ******* practice 101. Mumia did not shoot that cop in the back of the head, No let em all out of jail because its the man that put them there. bla bal bal. What a really dumbass thing to say.

Moore has a history of pushing the idea that anyone who makes money I.E corporations ect are evil and those who sit on their ass and do nothing and expect to get Obama bucks and an Iphone are really the ones who are being exploited. Bla bal bal. Heard it all before and its just BS trash talk.

Its just like NOLA when it flooded, and then compare it to the upper Mississippi when it flooded. Those in the upper Mississippi did not run out and loot the walmarts and rape everyone they could find, they ended up helping others. You want to do to the Skinnies what many like you have done to the blacks in this country make them dependent on a handout. Treat them like a shelter dog and they will act like ont.

Now before idiot *******s jump on me for being right wing, I am an independent who believes in the single payer health care system with some caveats. One is that you have a copay every time you go into for an office visit or get a prescription. This would keep the lazy idiots from running into have a Dr or nurse wipe the nose of some snotty 5yo whos mother is too fat from eating little Debby cakes to do it herself. The only thing that will keep a welfare queen from doing stupid things is to make it take money out of their crack fund.
Anyone that uses the suffix "tard" self-negates their entire post. And while we are on the subject, the prefix "re" would be better suited language-wise for the addition of the suffix "tard"...as in re-pub-tard. Seriously...are you twelve?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:40 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
It's an outlaw dystopia. They live by the gun. I don't care why they do it, that's their business.

Bottom line is that they've staked out a position that they'll take they want, so it's up to the rest of the world that wants to work those waters to put a stop to it. You'll win some and lose some. But if you're gonna sail anywhere off the Somalian coast, be ready to defend yourself and your freight.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,691,047 times
Quote:
Lol nice generalizing there. I thought liberals believed in being open minded and tolerant to others beliefs? Your post is the exact opposite.

Somalia is a violent 3rd world country. Many Christians go there to provide help for people. We all have a choice in life, even if you are downtrodden and poor it still doesn't give people the right to kill others. Take some personal responsibility and stop blaming everything else. The best way to help these people is to join a church and go there, or charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies