Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,319 times

Advertisements

Its interesting New York City is not even in the Top Ten. Did Rudy Guiliani run all of the Gays out of town? Maybe thats why Pat Robertson endorsed him for President!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
must have been the movie! Bareback Mountain, all those homosexual cowboys comin outta the bunk house down there in Utah!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:38 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
One thing that is not widely known is typically the first male child of a woman is straight; second and subsequent sons of the same mother have higher chances of turning out Gay.

Something about the elevated testosterone levels on the mom after the first male pregnancy can trigger homosexuality down the sibling line.

Biologically speaking; it make a lot of sense to me------what better way to ensure family assets from being too widely dispersed than by 'eliminating' male competition for females without war and murder?

Back to Utah: due to the Mormons there; the families tend to be bigger hence the likely hood of the above scenario.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:01 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
This has GOT to be proof that God has a sense of humor. I love it.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One thing that is not widely known is typically the first male child of a woman is straight; second and subsequent sons of the same mother have higher chances of turning out Gay.

Something about the elevated testosterone levels on the mom after the first male pregnancy can trigger homosexuality down the sibling line.

Biologically speaking; it make a lot of sense to me------what better way to ensure family assets from being too widely dispersed than by 'eliminating' male competition for females without war and murder?

Back to Utah: due to the Mormons there; the families tend to be bigger hence the likely hood of the above scenario.

I don't know about that theory. What about lesbians? That's why I never understood comments like, "I don't mind gay men, leaves more females for the rest of us!"

... but it kind of doesn't because I'd imagine there's probably the same or roughly the same % of women who are lebians as there men who are gay. So either way, the # of potential heterosexual mates remains the same.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:53 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Modern-Day Utah was started by BRIGHAM YOUNG---not "Bring 'em Young".....

Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't know about that theory. What about lesbians? That's why I never understood comments like, "I don't mind gay men, leaves more females for the rest of us!"

... but it kind of doesn't because I'd imagine there's probably the same or roughly the same % of women who are lebians as there men who are gay. So either way, the # of potential heterosexual mates remains the same.
although.... some would argue that the reason some women become lesbian is because they are not attractive to men in the first place, therefore does that make a net loss or gain??

Old 11-22-2007, 04:09 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
although.... some would argue that the reason some women become lesbian is because they are not attractive to men in the first place, therefore does that make a net loss or gain??

I've met a lot of very attractive lesbians in my life and macho Gay men with no sense of style too ! It can be a bit of a cliche the idea that Lesbians are butch and Gay men dainty little "flowers".

Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I've met a lot of very attractive lesbians in my life and macho Gay men with no sense of style too ! It can be a bit of a cliche the idea that Lesbians are butch and Gay men dainty little "flowers".
Good point--and I know a very nice straight man who has a tremendous sense of color and style, is a terrific cook, and is VERY close to his mother....

Old 11-22-2007, 05:19 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, that Portia DeRossi is hideous, right?

Just kidding, Silas.

As for turning gay because you're not attractive to the opposite sex.... You were kidding too, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies