Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And this should somehow prove that gun accidents only occur in the inner city? Seriously?
Quote:
I didn't say all of them are accidents

With all the indicators and documentation, where do these "accidents" happen.

The numbers posted look like they came from Chicago, alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
The majority of gun owners don't care. They regard it as "survival of the fittest" in action.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Semantics.

Incorrect...Negligence leads to accidents, but they are NOT synonymous.

Negligence-failure to take the care that a responsible person usually takes : lack of normal care or attention.

Accident-An unexpected and undesirable event

Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
The price of freedom. Also, the price of gun owners who don't believe in securing their weapons from criminals or children..

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...esswomans.html
It seems gun owners are becoming more and more careless. Another reason why I support gun licenses that require a safety class to get a license and renewal safety classes to remind gun owners how to safely handle and store a gun.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It seems gun owners are becoming more and more careless. Another reason why I support gun licenses that require a safety class to get a license and renewal safety classes to remind gun owners how to safely handle and store a gun.

Personal accountability and responsibility can never be legislated.
Human nature takes over.

Force to have your rights back?
An Amendment to the US Constitution?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The number of US kids and teens who die from gunshot wounds in hospital has risen almost 60% in a decade, according to a new report. The study by two doctors looked at data from 1997 to 2009, and found the number of those hospitalized with gunshot wounds rose from 4,270 to 7,730, while the number of those that then died from them climbed from 317 to 503, NBC News reports. Eight out of 10 of the wounds came from handguns, says study author Arin L. Madenci.

More Guns in U.S. homes, More Kids Getting Shot : Discovery News
"The new report out today by a Boston medical student and his advisor."

When you only give a little in formation it makes one wonder if you have an agenda.

Why not give ALL the info?

It has been proven that when the term children is used it is to conjure up an image of little children from about 12 and down.

Get back to us when you have a study giving the ages of the "children".

You will learn, although I firmly believe you already know, that "children" in these studies INCLUDE anyone for 18 years old a down.

Meaning the VAST AMOUNT OF "CHILDREN" are actually gang and drug related and the young "children" involved is very small.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-28-2013 at 07:55 AM..

Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Personal accountability and responsibility can never be legislated.
Human nature takes over.

Force to have your rights back?
An Amendment to the US Constitution?
Actually you can start sending the head of the house to jail when something like this happens to hold someone accountable for their personal mistakes. Though that is what is called dealing with the problem after the fact rather than trying to prevent the problem from happening in the first place.

I thought gun owners were advocates for gun safety or do you walk around with your gun stuffed in your pants?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
How many of those kids were shot by law enforcement officers?
I know there was at least one who was shot because he was carrying toy guns, but exactly how many?
The statistic is meaningless if it isn't broken down by gang violence, law enforcement shootings, and accident.
But then, it would not be horrific enough for the gun haters.
"How many of those kids were shot by law enforcement officers?" Probably the vast majority of those shot would be gang and/or drug related.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
"It seems" Pure conjecture based on your personal bias and NOT founded in facts.

Most states REQUIRE Driver's Education classes before a teen can get a drivers License yet, they still are involved in MORE accidents in there demographics then other groups.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I just bought myself a new Walther PPS 9mm last week. I took it to the range this Saturday to throw a few boxes of ammo through it. My older brother and his two kids (8 and 12) went along, and he brought his guns and their 22 pistol. He has taken them to the range about 10 times this year. The younger son shot 2 clips (10 rounds) and said he was done. The older one declined shooting at all because he wanted to play on his gameboy (or whatever they are now days).

By being exposed to guns and allowed to shoot them, they have lost their fascination with them. If, one day, they are sitting at a friends house playing video games, and their friend says, "Hey, my dad has a gone in his closet, do you want to check it out?". My guess is that my nephews will decline in favor of continuing with the video game.

My kids are younger; therefore, I have not taken them shooting. Once they are a bit older, they'll go fairly often so that they also lose that fascination. My guns stay locked in a safe in my closet whenever they are not on my body. From before they enter my house until they go in the safe, they are not loaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies