Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

HT, if I may, one minor edit to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Democrats in Congress KNEW that many plans would be terminated because of their 10 minimum mandated services.
They knew and kept their mouths shut and passed the bill anyway.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Are you trying to be obtuse? All your blathering has done is prove that you know absolutely nothing about the way taxes are figured. A deduction does NOT lower the tax rate! People who get a mortgage deduction do NOT get a special break on that rate. A deduction lowers the total taxable income!!! Not the rate!!!

The only one losing out of any income is the government. You (in this case A) still pay what you need to pay. Me (B) did not get to keep any more money because my money went to the bank as interest! And you are not subsidizing my mortgage payment in the least!!! God.... could it be any simpler?
A deduction doesn't lower the tax rate, but it can move you into a lower bracket.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I wonder how many people were faked out by Obama and the Democrats...because I'm dealing with people like this every day. They thought they would fill out a form, be given a card and they could just start hitting up doctors. People are shocked that not only do they have to pay for healthcare, they're paying for everyone else's healthcare too. Like this gal, from the LA Times, who'd been paying $90 a month -

"Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined."

"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

LA Times

The LAT assures us that of course "The federal government picks up much of the tab", but where the hell do they think that money comes from.

They also explain where most of the pain is going to fall - "But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law."

The middle class is being rolled again. Thanks Democrats. I hope you are enjoying your rate increase.
Oh well at least she can abort her fetus if she chooses. If she bothered to pay attention the only way Obamacare works is by fleecing the middle class.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
HT, if I may, one minor edit to your post.

Thanks
I think you're over-estimating the intelligence of members of Congress, D's and R's. Specially when the subject is complicated.

IMO, many members really believed the 'grandfather' clause would let people keep their policy. After all, probably less than 5% actually knew anything about what was in the bill. If the D side knew then what they know now, the bill wouldn't have passed the House. It's too late to admit they were ignorant and the prez lied, so they must live with the mess.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Why did you quote me and bring up Biden, making it look like I mentioned him?
Because of the presidential line of succession. You know about it through government class. It goes Biden is the next on the list after Obama because he is the VP. So if Obama leaves office (either by impeachment or resigning) you get Biden as president. Then you have Boehner as Speaker, Leahy as president pro-temp of the Senate, Secretary of state Kerry, Secratary of tresury Lew, secretary of Defense Hagel. ect. ect. even Kathleen Sebelius is in the line.

United States presidential line of succession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-31-2013, 01:51 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
I wonder how many people were faked out by Obama and the Democrats...because I'm dealing with people like this every day. They thought they would fill out a form, be given a card and they could just start hitting up doctors. People are shocked that not only do they have to pay for healthcare, they're paying for everyone else's healthcare too. Like this gal, from the LA Times, who'd been paying $90 a month -

"Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined."

"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

LA Times

The LAT assures us that of course "The federal government picks up much of the tab", but where the hell do they think that money comes from.

They also explain where most of the pain is going to fall - "But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law."

The middle class is being rolled again. Thanks Democrats. I hope you are enjoying your rate increase.

So people were for it before they were against it. Where have I heard THAT before?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:

LA Times

It is the ACA -Affordable Care Act not FCA Free Care Act. How obvious is obvious?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
This false meme raised by the neo-cons that "Everyone thought it would be FREE!" is so hilariously fake and stupid, I don't know what to say.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
It is true that propaganda slowly eats away at people's reasoning. Provide a little fact among a bunch of lies and you win their hearts and minds.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Nobody is ever excluded from "care" for a pre-existing condition.

However, you cannot "insure" a pre-existing condition. I'ts like trying to buy car insurance AFTER you totaled your car and have them pay for the car. The concept is absurd.
That's not true at all. Lots of people have a pre-existing condition. Diabetes, low thyroid, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies