Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:58 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,312,116 times

Advertisements

I'm only 19 and I've wanted to be the POTUS since I was a kid (and I still do). There are things that I like about both dems and repubs. Contrary to people's beliefs, democrats aren't evil and republicans aren't evil.

Here's my plan (I'm not saying that it's perfect, but it's a start and I'm willing to tweak it):

In order to expand the the economy we either have to print more money or buy back bonds. Expansion will lower the cost of living. By increasing money supply, the interest rates will go down, and consumers will borrow more and spend more and businesses will be enticed to borrow more and invest more. Central banks can attempt to lower the interest rate. This would essentially lower the cost of borrowing money. Businesses and households would respond by spending more.

Tools used by the central bank to influence the supply of money in the economy:
1) Open-market operations: Buying/selling of government issued bonds to increase/decrease the supply of money, respectively.
2) Reserve Requirements: This is designed to control the amount of lending the banking system can do.
3) Discount Rate: The interest rate the central bank charges its member banks for borrowing funds.

***By buying government bonds, we will increase the supply of money (predicted $488 billion).

Fiscal Policy → where government alters total spending via any one or more of the following tools
1. Increase in gov’t purchases
2. Reduce taxes (is like an increase in your income, and as your income rises you have more to spend)
3. Increase transfer payments to low-income earning households (leads to money available to low-income households)

During A Recession → Government wants to encourage more spending by expanding supply of money
When the interest rate falls, things become cheaper to finance which increases consumption and investment spending; which will increase aggregate demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I'm only 19 and I've wanted to be the POTUS since I was a kid (and I still do). There are things that I like about both dems and repubs. Contrary to people's beliefs, democrats aren't evil and republicans aren't evil.

Here's my plan (I'm not saying that it's perfect, but it's a start and I'm willing to tweak it):

In order to expand the the economy we either have to print more money or buy back bonds. Expansion will lower the cost of living. By increasing money supply, the interest rates will go down, and consumers will borrow more and spend more and businesses will be enticed to borrow more and invest more. Central banks can attempt to lower the interest rate. This would essentially lower the cost of borrowing money. Businesses and households would respond by spending more.

Tools used by the central bank to influence the supply of money in the economy:
1) Open-market operations: Buying/selling of government issued bonds to increase/decrease the supply of money, respectively.
2) Reserve Requirements: This is designed to control the amount of lending the banking system can do.
3) Discount Rate: The interest rate the central bank charges its member banks for borrowing funds.

***By buying government bonds, we will increase the supply of money (predicted $488 billion).

Fiscal Policy → where government alters total spending via any one or more of the following tools
1. Increase in gov’t purchases
2. Reduce taxes (is like an increase in your income, and as your income rises you have more to spend)
3. Increase transfer payments to low-income earning households (leads to money available to low-income households)

During A Recession → Government wants to encourage more spending by expanding supply of money
When the interest rate falls, things become cheaper to finance which increases consumption and investment spending; which will increase aggregate demand.
Stop all freebies to illegals
Revoke the ACA
Revoke the epa
Change to the fair tax which ends the IRS

Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 PM

4,505 posts, read 5,027,257 times
In answer to your original question, if I was THIS potus, I would resign.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,956,012 times
Here's a small bit of advice: Governments never create a good economy. They don't keep it going, and they can do nothing to improve them when they go bad, except get out of the way and let the people do it themselves.

So, if you'd like to be president, then learn what leaders do - and here's a hint: It's not being a policy wonk.

Leaders lead. They speak for what is right, they understand that THEY are not better than those who vote for them. They understand and appreciate the enormous responsibility they bear and treat it as though it were more important then they are themselves. Any good president will instantly give his life, if need be, for others.

Presidents lead by encouraging the people to do things for themselves. To be better, achieve more, and believe in higher virtues that they must struggle to achieve.

Real presidents understand that the people have the highest authority, not them.

Here's an interesting speech on what a president should be...

Mike Pence - The Constitution and the Presidency - YouTube

Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,225,450 times
I would have all repuglican house members impeached for starters.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
Sigh. This will denigrate into name calling and foolishness soon enough. A serious answer from me though:

Talk to my advisers, talk to the people that disagree. Ask them to then review the others arguments and fact check them. Then do my own fact checking of each side, whomever told the most lies is probably wrong.

Do this with a couple things, if my advisers tend to lie the most, fire them and replace them until they're the more honest side.

Take the advice of those folks that don't lie to me, and that have good solid facts backing themselves up.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:17 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,805,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I would have all repuglican house members impeached for starters.
The OP says the POTUS not a dictator. Why do the Democrats love to live in a tyranny so much?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Well at least I would "know what was going on".. that's a start

Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,674,125 times
You have only to do one thing to fix the economy.
Remove the federal income tax from the constitution replace it with a 3% sales tax never to be increased.
Leave the SS tax, State unemployment tax.
Remove all other federal taxes and fines.
The American people keep the money they earn, spend it has they choose, the FEDERAL government is funded in this matter not off the peoples salaries or wages ends class warfare over night.You can keep any government program you want and fund it with the 3% sales tax on everything we buy, the rich pay, the middle, pay the poor pay end of story.
Remove the FEDERAL RESERVE and place the printing and value of the money to the treasury department not central banks. The money we print, borrow etc should be interest FREE and backed by some actually VALUES, GOLD, Silver, PLATINUM, oil, land whatever. When money has value not debit you find your dollars will BUY more and you will have MOST OF YOUR PAYCHECK you will find the economic freedom we should have had long before we created the income tax.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
In answer to your original question, if I was THIS potus, I would resign.
That was my thought, and to add to it, I'd put Romney in charge. At least Romney is a successful businessman. 0bama is a successful idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies