Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Al Qaeda had used a “familiar tactic” – posting its intentions online warning of an al-Qaeda attack on U.S. interests in Benghazi for at least 3 months before the attack. Al Qaeda intentions known to attack the Red Cross, the British and then the Americans. Having already carried out the first two, said Lt. Col. Andy Wood, a Green Berets commander, "it was a matter of time until they captured the third one.

All at a time when Obama was seeking re-election in part on the notion that, thanks to his efforts, al-Qaida was "on the run." And as Hillary was wrapping up her last job before turning, presumably, to another presidential run of her own.

The Benghazi story that Democrats sought to bury during the 2012 elections and afterward which the White House considers a "phony scandal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Al Qaeda had used a “familiar tactic” – posting its intentions online warning of an al-Qaeda attack on U.S. interests in Benghazi for at least 3 months before the attack. Al Qaeda intentions known to attack the Red Cross, the British and then the Americans. Having already carried out the first two, said Lt. Col. Andy Wood, a Green Berets commander, "it was a matter of time until they captured the third one.

All at a time when Obama was seeking re-election in part on the notion that, thanks to his efforts, al-Qaida was "on the run." And as Hillary was wrapping up her last job before turning, presumably, to another presidential run of her own.

The Benghazi story that Democrats sought to bury during the 2012 elections and afterward which the White House considers a "phony scandal.
I agree. We should have been more prepared for this.
We also should have been more prepared for September 11th, 2001. Clinton warned Bush but I guess Bush wasn't very focussed at the time.

Last edited by Sayid Linus; 10-28-2013 at 05:22 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
We also should have been more prepared for September 11th. Clinton warned Bush but I guess Bush wasn't very focussed at the time.
I don't know about Bush. I could be wrong, I though Obama was president? Wasn't the Benghazi after the first attack on 9/11 and didn't it happen on 9/11

Old 10-28-2013, 04:48 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Quote:

I hate to break it to you, but outside of the tin foil hat wearing right wingers, the rest of the country has pretty much moved on. As to Hildabeast's Presidential run, that's from a certainty at this point. She's not exactly a spring chicken.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I hate to break it to you, but outside of the tin foil hat wearing right wingers, the rest of the country has pretty much moved on. As to Hildabeast's Presidential run, that's from a certainty at this point. She's not exactly a spring chicken.
Yea, our "commander in chief responsible for protecting Americans he got away with lying. Oh, yea, it was because of a video.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:58 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
I don't know about Bush. I could be wrong, I though Obama was president? Wasn't the Benghazi after the first attack on 9/11 and didn't it happen on 9/11
Awww, did someone hit a nerve? Clinton created OBL. When Bush took office there was enough information on OBL for the US to pay very close attention to him, rather than give him a sweeping glance. Bush ignored OBL until 9/11.

Try a bit of honesty will ya?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:21 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times
Quote:

Both tragedies should have been given more attention before they happened. Maybe then they wouldn't have happened.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
I wonder why the Republicans didn't hold a series of show trials when Bush and his GOP cronies failed to take action in response to a document with the very helpful headline "Bin Laden determined to strike in US".

The fact is that outside of the Fox News/right wing radio hate machine and their sycophants nobody cares about Benghazi. It is so obvious to anyone that is not a feverish partisan that the Republicans have shamelessly tried to use the deaths of Americans as a tool in their political battle against Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:53 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I wonder why the Republicans didn't hold a series of show trials when Bush and his GOP cronies failed to take action in response to a document with the very helpful headline "Bin Laden determined to strike in US".

The fact is that outside of the Fox News/right wing radio hate machine and their sycophants nobody cares about Benghazi. It is so obvious to anyone that is not a feverish partisan that the Republicans have shamelessly tried to use the deaths of Americans as a tool in their political battle against Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Yeah, those republicans, families of the dead and everyone else that isn't a democrat should leave those bodies that have been swept under the rug alone.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
We also should have been more prepared for September 11th, 2001. Clinton warned Bush but I guess Bush wasn't very focussed at the time.

Oops! Wrong 9/11.
The one you refer to Clinton could have well gone far is thwarting.

I'm glad we got that video guy, he was likely a Republican trying to hurt Obama's2012 campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies