Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry, NO. ACA Section 1311 specifies that the subsidies are only available to exchanges established by a state. The federal exchange is authorized under an entirely different section. Courts generally balk at construing a statute in such a way that effectively eliminates specific words from the statute. Furthermore, since the Act at other points uses broader language, referring to exchanges “established under this Act,” suggests that Congress knew how to write broader language if it wanted to. Congress specifically chose to do no such thing. Congress specifically limited subsidies to state exchanges only.

"It's the Law of the Land!"
The law is interpreted by the courts. This particular law is currently the crux of a court case. We'll see how the court rules. Your interpretation of this law, just like your interpretation of citizenship laws, is just your personal opinion. It has no weight. The court's ruling will have weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The law is interpreted by the courts. This particular law is currently the crux of a court case. We'll see how the court rules. Your interpretation of this law, just like your interpretation of citizenship laws, is just your personal opinion. It has no weight. The court's ruling will have weight.
Just like your interpretation of grandfathered policies means nothing. I suppose insurance companies are just kicking off their customers by the millions, in order to make you appear wrong.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Problems with those requirements arent the topic, you asked why they arent grandfathering in plans, well clearly if plans dont offer those items that are REQUIRED, then those plans CAN NOT BE grandfathered in..
The plans can be grandfathered in. The law allows the insurance companies to make minor changes to the policies, and to make changes that make the policies compliant with the law. The IRS says as much, in the memo.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just like your interpretation of grandfathered policies means nothing. I suppose insurance companies are just kicking off their customers by the millions, in order to make you appear wrong.
Yes, pghquest, it's all about ME. The insurance companies are just kicking off their customers by the millions, in order to make ME appear wrong. Their profits at switching out less expensive policies for more expensive policies is just the icing on the cake. Those insurance companies all know who I am, and they tremble when I type. Ridiculous much?

Old 10-29-2013, 12:11 PM

42 posts, read 64,897 times
Can somebody please give my regards to Rep. Joe Wilson?

Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
The plans can be grandfathered in. The law allows the insurance companies to make minor changes to the policies, and to make changes that make the policies compliant with the law. The IRS says as much, in the memo.
NO IT DOES NOT.. It says that policies which allowed ALL OF THOSE ITEMS, and existed PRIOR till 2010, were grandfathered..I dont know many policies which existed prior to 2010 that allowed 26 year olds to be on their parents policies..

Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Do you surrender your intellect to the court, or do you just hope that you don't have to have this conversation by ducking the whole thing and pointing at the court system going "it's their baby!"

Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
You sound like the perfect voter for ANY candidate who tells you "Don't think critically, just accept the fact that we're going to lie to you. Everybody does it, so its okay."

You should ALWAYS hold people in power accountable. We have a president who has been lying since 2008 ( it goes without saying that he's been lying since he was old enough to lie), and your response is "How many people believe the promises made by any politician of any party while at the podium?"

No wonder this country is in the shape it's in.
The average man or woman can not hold people in power accountable because they are not and have not in decades and decades been accountable to us. They're accountable to "them". The true powers and the true owners of all the Western Hemisphere and most of the rest of the world now too.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Yes, pghquest, it's all about ME. The insurance companies are just kicking off their customers by the millions, in order to make ME appear wrong. Their profits at switching out less expensive policies for more expensive policies is just the icing on the cake. Those insurance companies all know who I am, and they tremble when I type. Ridiculous much?
No less ridiculous than YOUR arguments.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
reps DC, loving your posts.__________________________________________I got a bill from my not for profit health center for seeing my doctor. I had a sinus infection. She saw me for half an hour and wrote three scripts. I paid $117 at the door and they just sent me another bill for $51. For a freaking doctor visit with an appointment. DOH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies