Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 03:14 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You can bet that the successors to the NSA won't even have a name and NOBODY will know about them. That's the real outcome of his disclosure.

They're going to recruit kids in Junior High and lock them in a basement someplace with a lifetime supply of free video games and Pepsi. The era of contractors is over.
For those trek fans, Section 31?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
If running for the rest of your life is winning .Snowden is naïve, he thinks that the US is the only country that pushes the envelope when it spies. In the real world if you don’t like your job you put in your notice and find a job you can stomach.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If running for the rest of your life is winning .Snowden is naïve, he thinks that the US is the only country that pushes the envelope when it spies. In the real world if you don’t like your job you put in your notice and find a job you can stomach.
So if you know your employer is doing something illegal, say dumping waste into the local creek or hiring illegals the solution if that bothers you is to simply ignore it and go find another job?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So if you know your employer is doing something illegal, say dumping waste into the local creek or hiring illegals the solution if that bothers you is to simply ignore it and go find another job?
Yes, You can't save the world. Everyone has a Jesus complex. I have personally quit two jobs because I didn't quite agree how business was done. Some times your employer has "tacet" approval for the way the do business.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, You can't save the world. Everyone has a Jesus complex. I have personally quit two jobs because I didn't quite agree how business was done. Some times your employer has "tacet" approval for the way the do business.
Not liking how business was done and ignoring illegal activities are two different things. Interesting for you to note that you wouldnt say anything about a business dumping sludge into the water system. I guess you would just move also.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Not liking how business was done and ignoring illegal activities are two different things. Interesting for you to note that you wouldn't say anything about a business dumping sludge into the water system. I guess you would just move also.
What these agencies were doing was in my perception fraudulent.
If I was asked to dump sludge I would tell my employer that I have a problem with this so I guess I'm not going to do it and I guess that means I quit. Then I would start buying my water and I would tell my friends, family and neighbors that they should do the same thing. Snowden has to accept the fact that he made a choice to accept good pay for doing what he thought was wrong. He compromised his own values. He is no hero.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
What these agencies were doing was in my perception fraudulent.
If I was asked to dump sludge I would tell my employer that I have a problem with this so I guess I'm not going to do it and I guess that means I quit. Then I would start buying my water and I would tell my friends, family and neighbors that they should do the same thing. Snowden has to accept the fact that he made a choice to accept good pay for doing what he thought was wrong. He compromised his own values. He is no hero.
He did what you said you would do. He quit. Unlike you though he exposed his employer for polluting the water and to think you call him bad for that.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:37 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Some day children will be taught about Patrick Henry, Nathan Hale, and Edward Snowden.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
He did what you said you would do. He quit. Unlike you though he exposed his employer for polluting the water and to think you call him bad for that.
I might be old and jaded but whistle blowers always seemed to lose everything and the big guy keeps doing what he is accused of doing and that's why I call it the Jesus complex. I quit one job after four days. Both jobs payed me more than I make now.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
In a world where Big Brother is listening and watching everyone all the time one should not do anything stupid without taking the precaution of only doing it face to face in a place you cannot be overheard. Spontaneity is lost. Welcome to the "Brave New World".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies