Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Also, this law will affect 3-5%, that means 95-97% will not be. THis seems like the decent stats, right? THe law will be offering those who can only afford the substandard insurance tax credits and subsidies are offered, making the upgraded law the same rate or maybe even less. REALLY, those letter receivers will benefit, if you just allow them too. Move out of way, of this conservative Supreme Court's decree of being constitutional and therefore the law, and let everyone have a chance to see what it does, if it fails after a couple years, then you'll get the next White House. Stop stepping in front of the people and allow them to try it out, and report back after it's used. Wait for the research.
Wow, you're having a hard time admitting the truth, aren't you? It's been widely reported that the individual market won't be the only one impacted by Obamacare (your 3-5% stat). Additionally, the Obama administration's analysis itself is saying about half of employer sponsored plans will be canceled too.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare - Forbes
Quote:
“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
It SHOULD have happened.

I want pols who will call this fraud out.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
"Today, 98 percent of dental benefits are provided through stand-alone dental policies for individuals or families, independent of a medical plan. Employers may continue to offer dental and vision benefits through stand-alone plans offered by insurance carriers.
Small employers offering coverage through an exchange may only offer one plan in 2014. There are no other choices for employees. Employers with 50 or more employees must offer Minimum Essential Coverage that is affordable and meaningful or pay a fine. But this does not include dental or vision."

What is bogus?? I have stand alone dental, and have not received any letter that my current insurance is lacking or needs to be pulled. My understanding is that only Pediatric dental will be part of the ACA: "Essential Health Benefits (EHBs) feature 10 categories of health care services, including pediatric oral and vision care." Medical coverage offered within an exchange must include a pediatric dental and vision benefit, unless the same exchange offers a stand-alone dental plan providing the required pediatric dental benefit. In that case, the medical plan has the option to exclude the benefit. " please see this site for more info on this program."
10 Essential Facts About the Affordable Care Act, Dental and Vision Benefits | BenefitsPro
You didn't dispute anything I said. Your benefits include dental. Not all do. In that way they are exactly like health care in Canada but here they get cancelled.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Also, this law will affect 3-5%, that means 95-97% will not be.
Millions. The administration has admitted that they knew before hand millions of policies would be cancelled.

Quote:
This seems like decent #s, right?
No.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
Yeah, because it was so far-fetched to believe that hostile Republican partisans would ever say anything like that.

BTW..anyone seen Joe Wilson lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Joe Wilson was correct -- Barack Obama, at his core, is a liar.

There's far too many examples out there for him to be anything else.

Examples of him telling the truth are harder to find.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 AM

641 posts, read 240,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Millions. The administration has admitted that they knew before hand millions of policies would be cancelled.

No.
They will be eligible for tax credits and subsidies that will make their new, COVERED insurance the same or lower in price, unless of course they have lots of money and just were cheap buying junk policies.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
It's becoming quite common to outright lie to the press and days later see a "miscommunication" comment.
Yet the lie took hold and that is what stays in people's minds.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You didn't dispute anything I said. Your benefits include dental. Not all do. In that way they are exactly like health care in Canada but here they get cancelled.
My health care benefits do not include dental, that is why I have a stand alone policy. All my family is from Canada, this is not like theirs!!! They have Universal health care, something we progressives would have rather seen, not this Conservative Heritage Foundation idea of health care that our President used. But, it's better than what was before, where ins. co. could drop you because you used it, or refuse you because you have a pre-existing condition (some even consider being female a pre-existing condition). Allow it to roll out, and check with your audience in a couple years, if they hate what they have received, then most likely you'll regain the White House, and can cancel all of this.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's becoming quite common to outright lie to the press and days later see a "miscommunication" comment.
Yet the lie took hold and that is what stays in people's minds.
Certainly have seen that with all the comments about our President. Far left voices loves to repeat those over and over and over.... sigh...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Wow, you're having a hard time admitting the truth, aren't you? It's been widely reported that the individual market won't be the only one impacted by Obamacare (your 3-5% stat). Additionally, the Obama administration's analysis itself is saying about half of employer sponsored plans will be canceled too.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare - Forbes
I believe what needs to be further researched is what type of ins. policies they provided for their workers. Did they go on the cheap?? This I do not know the facts on, thus cannot yet fully argue it yet. Give me time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies