Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why are they even babbling about crap they didn't personally hear a fellow congressman say? If they didn't personally hear it, they should keep their flapping traps shut.
I don't see this as a trait of the party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Please furnish what lies you refer to, just to say it doesn't prove it.
Her's at least 7 Lies & Broken Promises: By President Obama
1. Make Government Open and Transparent 2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects 3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out) 4. No more secrecy 5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill 6. You’ll know what’s in it (Republican Senators didn’t know) 7. We will put every pork barrel project online

Old 11-03-2013, 11:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
My health care benefits do not include dental, that is why I have a stand alone policy. All my family is from Canada, this is not like theirs!!! They have Universal health care, something we progressives would have rather seen, not this Conservative Heritage Foundation idea of health care that our President used. But, it's better than what was before, where ins. co. could drop you because you used it, or refuse you because you have a pre-existing condition (some even consider being female a pre-existing condition). Allow it to roll out, and check with your audience in a couple years, if they hate what they have received, then most likely you'll regain the White House, and can cancel all of this.
We would not be having this discussion if the few small things many people would have liked to have seen were done. Like making it so people with pre-existing conditions could get insurance.

It was obvious that what was done was done poorly and in the end it's going to make things worse. When it all falls apart it will be years before anyone can attempt to pass sensible rules. Just like "affordable housing" this is going to take years and years to fix.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:10 AM

641 posts, read 240,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We would not be having this discussion if the few small things many people would have liked to have seen were done. Like making it so people with pre-existing conditions could get insurance.

It was obvious that what was done was done poorly and in the end it's going to make things worse. When it all falls apart it will be years before anyone can attempt to pass sensible rules. Just like "affordable housing" this is going to take years and years to fix.
Ask the population of Massachusetts what they think. This program is based on what Romney did in his state as Gov. and on what the right winged Heritage Foundation wanted.

There is a lot more than a few things needed that ins. co. before this law, would not provide. Now seniors will be able to get all their prescriptions filled and covered, kids until age 26 can stay on Parent's plan, being female is no longer a pre-existing condition, etc.., No longer can they drop you for becoming ill. Many of the cheap plans only covered a few thousand dollars (which we know can be eaten up in an overnight stay in the hospital).

The problem has been the profit making from these corp. ins. co. They can no longer do that. The playing field had to be leveled. Just fixing a few things some thought important wouldn't have solved the other things others found just as important.

Don't forget, this was a Republican plan, one we Progressives would have rather seen develop into a single payer system. We compromised to your plan. Now, because a Democratically elected Democratic President says, okay, let's do it, your team backed away. God forbid they allow this President any leeway. I honestly wish we Progressives had been this stubborn during GW's reign (or rather Cheney's).

Forgive me. I really do want to see a working relationship on both sides of the aisle. I have always worked in team based healthcare, and know that all sides have important input that would work to provide the best care for our patients. I taught my students to get to know the housekeepers, dietary staff, nurse aides, etc...for they all have eyes and ears and ideas that could and would enhance the care of each patient. To not listen was to assume one you were all powerful and didn't need input. This results in poor communication and ultimately the patient suffers. I do not want to see the same for all the potential patients in this country. President Obama listened to the right w/the ACA, the right turned on it after the fact.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM

641 posts, read 240,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Her's at least 7 Lies & Broken Promises: By President Obama
1. Make Government Open and Transparent 2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects 3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out) 4. No more secrecy 5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill 6. You’ll know what’s in it (Republican Senators didn’t know) 7. We will put every pork barrel project online
Thank you, I will do some deeper research on this. Could you please cite where you found this list

Do you believe only this President has "lied", or do you admit this may be a problem on both sides? Not that that is an excuse, but politics is rife w/this problem. I am sad to see Pres. Obama's credibility tarnished, but is anyone not when they enter the White House?? Perhaps, we Americans can promote change in this problem, but that will take a lot of work, especially when fighting the billionaires who seem to promote untruths to keep their pockets full. (I am not suggesting every billionaire is doing this, but it sure would be nice if they put their money into truth and not fiction). Again, that will take some research to see how they spend their money to "educate" us peons.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Thank you, I will do some deeper research on this. Could you please cite where you found this list

Do you believe only this President has "lied", or do you admit this may be a problem on both sides? Not that that is an excuse, but politics is rife w/this problem. I am sad to see Pres. Obama's credibility tarnished, but is anyone not when they enter the White House?? Perhaps, we Americans can promote change in this problem, but that will take a lot of work, especially when fighting the billionaires who seem to promote untruths to keep their pockets full. (I am not suggesting every billionaire is doing this, but it sure would be nice if they put their money into truth and not fiction). Again, that will take some research to see how they spend their money to "educate" us peons.
Here's one source:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

Old 11-04-2013, 09:52 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
What a bunch of bunk. I don't suppose it ever occurred to the paternal pwog's mind that some people made choices to buy catastrophic coverage only. As a small business person, who has other small business people as friends, I know that many of us intentionally purchased catastrophic coverage for ourselves. In good health, and watching one's expenses, it is a choice we made.

Your issued talking point that these are 'junk' policies insults the common citizenry, yet again. Typical of the holier than thou, we know better mindset of the radical weft. No, you are the liar.

Quote:
If my policy is not one of the junk policies sold to the American people I can. In 2010 it was reported ( I wish I could recall from where) that people w/these types of ins. plans would have to change if their holders didn't offer complete coverage. So, we were informed, but unfortunately we have short attention spans. Many w/junk plans have no idea they are if they have been lucky enough to not need medical care. However, those who have used them only to find out many things are not covered, end up paying big bucks out of their own pockets. What they will find with looking at what is available now through this law will be plans that cover the needs, often at the same or lower price than the junk insurance they had. What is needed, and hopefully accomplished by the ACA is that all w/health insurance are covered appropriately. I have seen too many in my career of nursing suffer from being under insured.

Next lie??

Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Pfft. Mr Obama lied then and now. How silly to trot this out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, because it was so far-fetched to believe that hostile Republican partisans would ever say anything like that.

BTW..anyone seen Joe Wilson lately?

Old 11-04-2013, 12:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Ask the population of Massachusetts what they think. This program is based on what Romney did in his state as Gov. and on what the right winged Heritage Foundation wanted.
This is supposed to matter to me?

Quote:
There is a lot more than a few things needed that ins. co. before this law, would not provide. Now seniors will be able to get all their prescriptions filled and covered, kids until age 26 can stay on Parent's plan, being female is no longer a pre-existing condition, etc.., No longer can they drop you for becoming ill. Many of the cheap plans only covered a few thousand dollars (which we know can be eaten up in an overnight stay in the hospital).

The problem has been the profit making from these corp. ins. co. They can no longer do that.
B.S. complete and total B.S. There is no need for me to even continue.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:

In the post I addressed you only asked us to prove Obama's lies, but now you want those that have lied on the right......Who's in charge right now and as far as billionaires it's time the left sees Soros for who he is. The Koch brothers and George Soros along with greedy CEOs that the left claims to never support.

Yes, I do agree both sides lie, right now it's even more than lying President Obama has done EVERYTHING he can to down grade the USA. To bad his lies haven't been for to better the nation.

Last edited by wildflower82; 11-05-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies