Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
One can find many things to fault the Clintons for. I am certainly no fan of Hillary's. That said at least Bill Clinton was willing to compromise and work with the other party. Hillary is in deed a stranger to the truth and her complete lack of respect for those who serve our country is well known. That said compared to Obama she is a wonder child.
What I question is her health. It seemed that every time she was called upon to answer for mistakes in the State Department she would fall ill.
Or actually fall and get a concussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
If she runs, I can't wait for her first screech in a debate. Even the low information idiots will hate her.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
I'm not convinced Hillary's going to make it to 2016. Her health is sketchy, and she looks like she's been ridden hard -- really, really hard -- and put away wet one too many times.

Though I do feel that the Obama Administration will LOUDLY tout Hillary's virtues. They'll do anything to take the focus off of their own incompetence.

In a perfect world....

....there would be no more Bushes.
No more Clintons.
And for God's sake, NEVER another Obama.

It's time to flush the toilet we call Washington, D.C.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:57 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I always blame the voters for what we get! It's unfortunate for the human race: Man is ice to truth, fire to falsehoods!

It only takes a quarter of brain to figure it out: Voters can't handle the truth!

And police aren't equipped to handle it either, or the resultant anarchy if politicians really spoke the truth!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm about as far right wing as they come, but I would have voted for the clintons anyday before Obama.. At least they have a track record and acknowledged things like lowering taxes generates prosperity, and can indeed lower deficits and cutting welfare can put people back to work instead of perpetuating poverty makes the economy better..
So would I, but I certainly won't pull the lever for her after Obama.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Hillary would make a great President, just like Obama.
Hey, I can be a complete liar just like Hillary and Obama!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
Hillary? Just an old washed up drunk who's campaign is over before it starts, if the media will do its job. She was ginned up and partying through her entire stint as secretary of state. What an embarrassment. Even dear leader joked? of her drunk texting him. Photos of her tossing back shots and brews are a dime a dozen on the net.

Tb

Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Hillary? Just an old washed up drunk who's campaign is over before it starts, if the media will do its job. She was ginned up and partying through her entire stint as secretary of state. What an embarrassment. Even dear leader joked? of her drunk texting him. Photos of her tossing back shots and brews are a dime a dozen on the net.

Tb
Well, perhaps, but I don't think the Republicans will nominate anyone who could beat her, so get ready for Madame President.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
It's so ridiculous how people are suddenly singing the praises of Hillary. Where were all these people in 2008 when Hillary actually ran for president????? They didn't think she should be president then, so why do they want her as president now? And really, "honesty" in the same sentence as the Clintons?
She's really all they've got. They could run Biden but I doubt he's got much chance -- so they're scraping the bottom of the bucket. At least in 2008, they had the younger and blacker Obama and so went with him but he can't run again.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:39 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm about as far right wing as they come, but I would have voted for the clintons anyday before Obama.. At least they have a track record and acknowledged things like lowering taxes generates prosperity, and can indeed lower deficits and cutting welfare can put people back to work instead of perpetuating poverty makes the economy better..
Really? Where was this so-called track record established? It certainly was not in the US. Perhaps you have forgotten that it was the Democrat controlled Congress under Clinton in 1993 that retroactively increased taxes primarily on the middle-class. The largest tax increase in US history. Perhaps you forgot that Clinton shut down government in 1995 and 1996 because the GOP controlled Congress wanted to reduce the growth of MediCare/MedicAid to just 6.5% instead of the obscene 12% annual increases it had been getting under the Democrats. Clinton was the first President in US history to actually shut down government because he felt Congress was not spending enough. What you mistakenly credit Clinton for, including NAFTA, were actually products of the GOP controlled Congress. Clinton was certainly no better than Obama, which is why Clinton was impeached and disgraced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies