Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:56 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Listening to the hearing on capital hill for Democrats it turned into a sales pitch and the Dems are giving misleading information.
I think what we've witnessed, once again, is the extent to which people who hate this President, and dislike America and want to see the country fail, will go to hurt the American people. There has been one lie after another about a long list of issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 11:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think what we've witnessed, once again, is the extent to which people who hate this President, and dislike America and want to see the country fail, will go to hurt the American people. There has been one lie after another about a long list of issues.
LOL, if you are in favor of this you are in favor of taking from one person to give to another. Taking from the responsible be it middle class or rich to give "once again" to the poor. This will be the downfall of the middle class.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
The company (verizon subsidiary)that hosts the fed data hub is down for the second time this week. This kind of thing does not happen in 2013. I'm not ready to reach for the tin foil hat yet but one has to wonder if this is not intentional sabotage by anti-Obamacare employees or something.

Obamacare website down again, cannot access federal data hub: CMS

Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
It was a moment that would have made even Baghdad Bob blush.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The federal government is accountable for this system. They chose Verizon. I own a business. If there is a problem somewhere along a supply chain, it falls on me to make things right for my customers. I don't get to say, "Sorry, the supplier I chose screwed up, you don't get your stuff." I'm responsible for making sure things are handled correctly.

Obama, Sebelius and Dems made this law, wrote the rules, chose the contractors, and are forcing people to get coverage or pay a fee. They are accountable for making sure the site works.
It may fall on you to make things right for your customers, but you do get to say, "Sorry, the supplier screwed up, and I'm working to fix the problem and get your stuff to you as soon as possible."

When the power goes out, you don't hold yourself accountable. When the cable or satellite goes down, you aren't personally responsible. Verizon is having a service problem. They are the only ones who can fix it, so they are the responsible ones.

And frankly, your pretense that the federal government is responsible for Verizon is ridiculous.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It may fall on you to make things right for your customers, but you do get to say, "Sorry, the supplier screwed up, and I'm working to fix the problem and get your stuff to you as soon as possible."

When the power goes out, you don't hold yourself accountable. When the cable or satellite goes down, you aren't personally responsible. Verizon is having a service problem. They are the only ones who can fix it, so they are the responsible ones.

And frankly, your pretense that the federal government is responsible for Verizon is ridiculous.

The government IS responsible for putting all their eggs in the Verizon basket. Even in the very small business where I work, we have redundant service to maintain connectivity should our primary provider suffer a failure.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
The government IS responsible for putting all their eggs in the Verizon basket. Even in the very small business where I work, we have redundant service to maintain connectivity should our primary provider suffer a failure.
Ain't you special?

How much do think a redundant service would cost the government to maintain for a website designed to serve millions of people? Do you think a data hub would present any security issues, and so a redundant data hub might double the security risks?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How much do think a redundant service would cost the government to maintain for a website designed to serve millions of people?
Much less than the cost of a major service disruption during the critical roll-out phase.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, if you are in favor of this you are in favor of taking from one person to give to another. Taking from the responsible be it middle class or rich to give "once again" to the poor. This will be the downfall of the middle class.
There are plenty of middle class people that are one step away bankruptcy if a spouse gets sick or they get dropped from their health plan, try switching to a new company and having a pre-existing condition denied.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
Much less than the cost of a major service disruption during the critical roll-out phase.
Really?

Year after year, those costs really add up. Plus you didn't respond to the security question. Tell me, at home do you have cable AND satellite, because redundancy is so important to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies