Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If ya'll slip and fall in the bathtub, will you blame Obama for that as well?

Well to answer your intelligent question. If i did, it would be because of my own doing, and would not shift or blame someone else!

Maybe you heard of this before, it is called taking peronal responsibility for your own actions? Or yor own stupidity! If i did it would be because of my own stupidity, and chalk it up to that.

If a stranger just gave you $50 grand, would it be because of Obama!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
If there's a pit, the GOP has fallen into it. They climb out and, boom, fall into another one. The last election was definitely the pits for them...they had not one candidate that could go the distance. Mitt was too robotic. And his tendency to chew on his shoe didn't help. But even if he'd been smooth as silk, his party kept letting him down.

Since the election, nothing has changed. The GOP continually gets in its own way, trips over its shoelaces, and winds up with pie in the face. They don't seem to have any leadership worth the name. If Boehner isn't saying the wrong thing, he's looking over his shoulder to see who has the knives out. He can't get traction with the Tea-Party. McConnell's in trouble in his own district; his reelection chances look kind of dim at the moment.

Then you've got Cuccinelli in VA and Walker in Wisconsin, Scott in Florida and LePage in Maine. They're all in trouble. If Christie runs, NJ will go Democratic. The only GOP governors who look secure are those who accepted the Federal Gov't challenge to set up health care exchanges of their own.

You can blame the media if you want to. But it's their job to chase down eyeballs and a GOP rep or candidate making an idiot of himself is click-bait. Then everyone knows about writing on their hands or 'rape shuts the whole thing down'. GOP members saying stupid things about science or what have you has become a joke and one people enjoy laughing at even while they groan for our country.

The GOP needs better people to run; it starts grass-roots. But so long as the Tea-Party is running those grass-roots, you're not going to find qualified people.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well to answer your intelligent question. If i did, it would be because of my own doing, and would not shift or blame someone else!

Maybe you heard of this before, it is called taking peronal responsibility for your own actions? Or yor own stupidity! If i did it would be because of my own stupidity, and chalk it up to that.

If a stranger just gave you $50 grand, would it be because of Obama!
They never apologize for nothing. They never take blame.
White House official Marilyn Tavenner apologizes for Obamacare problems | FOX2now.com

That Fox News link is a LIE. Why did that liberal rag lie for Obama? WHY?
Hey, this crazy talking is kind of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Sipple View Post
Two things.

What you said is not true.

The liberals in this country are going to be consumed whole by a tsunami of righteous indignation when the middle class finds out what Obamacare really is. They have already started but the you know what hasn't fully hit the fan yet.
That is why we want Republicans. Because Obama is fail.

Hey.

You already ran with that once. What happened? Yah, seriously, that was the slogan. Here's the pic. It's the big banner behind Romney. That's it. That's the plan. "We are not Obama."
http://hungeree.com/wp-content/uploa...-romney-hg.jpg

Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
They never apologize for nothing. They never take blame.
White House official Marilyn Tavenner apologizes for Obamacare problems | FOX2now.com

That Fox News link is a LIE. Why did that liberal rag lie for Obama? WHY?
Hey, this crazy talking is kind of fun.

That is why we want Republicans. Because Obama is fail.

Hey.

You already ran with that once. What happened? Yah, seriously, that was the slogan. Here's the pic. It's the big banner behind Romney. That's it. That's the plan. "We are not Obama."
http://hungeree.com/wp-content/uploa...-romney-hg.jpg

I think we ought to sit down at my deck overlooking the ocean, with a glass of wine and talk about this over dinner sound good! Would you like your brownie points now!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I think we ought to sit down at my deck overlooking the ocean, with a glass of wine and talk about this over dinner sound good! Would you like your brownie points now!
I do enjoy a nice glass of wine. Dinner sounds nice. I hardly ever talk politics, except here. It tends to make people go a little bananas. If I do, it's guarded. My dad hates Obama with passion. My mom voted for Romney. But she had to, because, abortion is killing a baby. That's it. That's all that matters to her. He could be for invading Canada and it wouldn't matter. My best friend was Romney all the way. We talked about it. But we didn't argue about it. That's not what best friends do. But, as for a stranger or at work? Heck no, all it does is just open a rift.

I don't think I'm going to change any minds here. But, I like taking a look at things from an angle, some time.

The truth is, if you look back, I think I saw one poster who mentioned some positive Republican accomplishments. Everybody else just starting attacking Obama, et. al.

That's the problem. It's become the party with a really negative rep. It didn't used to be that way. People were PROUD to be Republicans. Because they ACCOMPLISHED stuff. Instead of yammering about how the other party is NOT ACCOMPLISHING stuff.

Gimme my brownie.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Ahhh I must have missed that...what did he say that was positive?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is surreal. The topic is all about name something positive the republicans have done during the obama administration....and...the people inside keep going Obama bad. Are these all just AI's programmed to spout Republican talking points, and they aren't programmed to actually think?

Seriously......
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down...You look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you... What do you do?
What's a tortoise?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I do enjoy a nice glass of wine. Dinner sounds nice. I hardly ever talk politics, except here. It tends to make people go a little bananas. If I do, it's guarded. My dad hates Obama with passion. My mom voted for Romney. But she had to, because, abortion is killing a baby. That's it. That's all that matters to her. He could be for invading Canada and it wouldn't matter. My best friend was Romney all the way. We talked about it. But we didn't argue about it. That's not what best friends do. But, as for a stranger or at work? Heck no, all it does is just open a rift.

I don't think I'm going to change any minds here. But, I like taking a look at things from an angle, some time.

The truth is, if you look back, I think I saw one poster who mentioned some positive Republican accomplishments. Everybody else just starting attacking Obama, et. al.

That's the problem. It's become the party with a really negative rep. It didn't used to be that way. People were PROUD to be Republicans. Because they ACCOMPLISHED stuff. Instead of yammering about how the other party is NOT ACCOMPLISHING stuff.

Gimme my brownie.
Well my sincere honest opinion, is that both partys have their strong and weak points. How they go about getting there is another topic all together. I just don't honestly see that one is better then the other almost as though these days which is the lesser of the evil, and in my sincere honest opinion, both are. They are childish as hell, play games with each other, spite each other, and this crap gets us no where.

I believe if that both partys could get their damn act together, the better it will be for our Country and the two partys who differ greatly about how to make us great. I believe the good of this Country is also determined by the will of the two partys, if they cannot even get along how are people divide suppose to get along.

I think the thing these days, and just looked at the current poll, Obama is at his lowest level ever, people are getting tired of the bull from both partys, but the lies and deceit, is what is getting to a lot of die hard Obama supporters i know. Enough is enough. You have to admit all too often you know Obama never knows how this situation happened. A bit much ya think?

You would love my home my oasis, and my classic mustangs. Might even let you drive one of our restored Boss 302. Now if you don't like homemade food, you won't like my dinners, i am a damn good cook. Most of us have fun on this site, but most of the time, i do not talk politics unless someone unleashes their fury. But i do beleive the way the democrats play at blaming everyone but themsmelves for our troubles is a bit much. Takes two to get us into trouble and two to get us out!

And i sincerely know many many friends and acquaintainces who had really decent good policies, who months ago, got the axed. This is what so many i know are getting extremely upset about, we were lied too. Many i know have gotten good by letters from their previous health insurance coverage. And that is scary. Situations i speak of, are from experience from friends and family and acquaintiances, people i know are losing faith in Obama over this latest health fiasco.

Last edited by california-jewel; 10-30-2013 at 07:37 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Well my sincere honest opinion...
Great post. People ask me if I'm a liberal who loves Obama, and I think, "Yeah, the guy that gave guns to drug dealers and orders drone strikes that kill children." That's not really an "Oops" moment.

I can believe he didn't know the site was %()$ed up. Or that they whitewashed it. I can also believe that, if it were me, heads would roll. He's the CEO of America. If this had happened somewhere else, there would be many heads rolling. For something of this magnitude - It's HIS $*##(%# BABY, for crying out loud....and for it to fail like this, well.

Someone should be getting fired ASAP. More than one, if you ask me. It made him look like an idiot.
That's kind of bearing off topic, though. But yeah, totally looked like an idiot.

I wish Republicans could bring a strong candidate to the table. From what I've seen they have lined up for 2016....well.....sigh.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Great post. People ask me if I'm a liberal who loves Obama, and I think, "Yeah, the guy that gave guns to drug dealers and orders drone strikes that kill children." That's not really an "Oops" moment.

I can believe he didn't know the site was %()$ed up. Or that they whitewashed it. I can also believe that, if it were me, heads would roll. He's the CEO of America. If this had happened somewhere else, there would be many heads rolling. For something of this magnitude - It's HIS $*##(%# BABY, for crying out loud....and for it to fail like this, well.

Someone should be getting fired ASAP. More than one, if you ask me. It made him look like an idiot.
That's kind of bearing off topic, though. But yeah, totally looked like an idiot.

I wish Republicans could bring a strong candidate to the table. From what I've seen they have lined up for 2016....well.....sigh.
I would actually like to see a new party emerge, who can give the current two a run for the money they do not earn!

I beleive the current two, the childish inmature bullys, need a third party to emerge, and give them both what they deserve and the people what we deserve. I just think that for many believing one party is superior to the other, is complete utter sheer ignorant nonesense.

You see we started off both of us on the wrong foot, and both arrogant to a point. But over time and since discussion i think we can both agree on some key points and still have our disagreements. Why can't the two partys do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies