Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yes; the latest polls, though, show he is in a statistical tie with presumed Democratic front runner Mary Burke (former Trek Bicycle executive).
Link?

In September Walker's approval was just under 50%, yet he was leading Burke by 6 points.

Link: Poll: Scott Walker stays below 50 percent approval among Wisconsin voters : Ct

Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM

46,290 posts, read 27,108,503 times
How many times is the left going to continue to say....fox news talking point?

Is that all the left has? has the left been brain washed so bad that thats all they think of and are able to parrott?

fox news, fox news, fox news....

Some on this board talk in their sleep I'm sure...fox news, fox news, fox news...

In case the left has not noticed, NBC, ABC, the today show, and many other left wing talking point obama supporters are slowly following in fox news foot steps.....

Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
New Marquette Law School poll takes pulse of Wisconsin voters | FOX6Now.com

In a head-to-head governor’s race, the MU Law School poll shows Gov. Walker would edge Burke, 47 percent to 45 percent. Gov. Walker would also beat Democrats Kathleen Vinehout and Peter Barca in head-to-head races.

Note, that is within the poll's margin of error.

Am I saying Walker will lose? Nope. He will receive millions upon millions of dollars in out of state donor money, and that makes him very formidable in an election. He could very well win. As of right now, he is vulnerable though.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How many times is the left going to continue to say....fox news talking point?

Is that all the left has? has the left been brain washed so bad that thats all they think of and are able to parrott?

fox news, fox news, fox news....

Some on this board talk in their sleep I'm sure...fox news, fox news, fox news...

In case the left has not noticed, NBC, ABC, the today show, and many other left wing talking point obama supporters are slowly following in fox news foot steps.....
Well, when you people keep repeating the same stuff from clips we later hear on The Daily Show, etc. it makes it hard to ignore.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Well, when you people keep repeating the same stuff from clips we later hear on The Daily Show, etc. it makes it hard to ignore.
How can you lefties know when ou sewar up and down that you never watch fox?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Quote:
I think you just crammed every anti-Obama Fox News line from the past five years into one post. Congratulations. You get a gold star.
And a gold star to you for parroting the MSNBC/DNC propaganda line like a good drone. Now, go out there and win another one for God-Emperor Obama - for your next project you could explain how people are actually keeping their health insurance policies if they like them even though they see cancellation notices with their own eyes, and you could also explain how this insurance is going to be so affordable if the premiums are quintupling for many folks and the number of doctors who will see them has shrunk down to almost nothing, bringing us closer to the pre-insurance era of medicine. And as a side project, you can also explain how working 29 hours a week at minimum wage (newly raised by Obama to $9 an hour!*) is going to be so great for building the middle class .

In case you couldn't tell, that was supposed to be humorous (partly ).

*Yes, I know that the minimum wage hasn't been raised, but to hear Obama supporters talk you'd think $9 an hour was such a great wage. The average wage is $24 an hour, and people making average salaries are having trouble making ends meet and in large part cannot live a middle class lifestyle, or can only live it while taking on large amounts of debt. People like that will be completely unaffected by a minimum wage change - sure, raising the minimum wage might help some at the bottom, but the vast majority do not earn at or near minimum wage.

Quote:
Yes; the latest polls, though, show he is in a statistical tie with presumed Democratic front runner Mary Burke (former Trek Bicycle executive).
Meh. The polls probably will change by the time 2014 rolls around. Scott Walker is one of those incumbents that are vulnerable in every election but usually manage to squeak by in the end. Democrats have quite a few of their own in the vulnerable incumbent class, but since the Republicans won most of the competitive races in 2010 (and 2012 to a lesser degree) they have more that are vulnerable.

This is a reflection of the success the Republican party has had in recent years. The federal Senate and the Presidency are the only major governing institutions under Democratic control - Republicans control the federal House of Representatives, the vast majority of state legislatures, and the vast majority of Governorships. Sure, the Republicans would do better if they could have gotten the Presidency and the Senate, but since they control everything else it's a mistake to assume that because of that the Republicans can never govern. The Republicans are in deep trouble, but for reasons other than "they can't win anything" - their party's favorability rating and the dearth of ideas and vision in the power-hungry establishment wing are more problematic than whether they win an election or two in a given year.

In 2009 the Democratic party had the Presidency, a supermajority in the Senate, a majority of the House of Representatives, a majority of Governorships, and a majority of state legislatures. Despite that, the only sweeping bills the Democrats could pass was a stimulus bill with mostly tax credits and state aid, and a health care reform that was originally devised by Republicans. Only one state, Vermont, decided to attempt a single-payer health plan, and even that small achievement was in 2011, after the Republican wave of 2010. From a left-wing perspective that is a dismal record from the party of the left, and I think it shows the danger of making your tent too big, in that even when you control everything and win elections here and win election there, you'll find that just getting 60 people with a D or an R by their name in the Senate isn't all it's cracked up to be when it comes to implementing your program.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I can't think of 1 thing in the last year that had a positive spin for Republicans.
Can you?
i think you underestimate the severity of the healthcare.gov / obamacare debacle

Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i think you underestimate the severity of the healthcare.gov / obamacare debacle

Of course they don't, if you listen to the MSM, it's golden, nothing wrong...they parrot what sebilus says....the website has NEVER crahsed....

Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course they don't, if you listen to the MSM, it's golden, nothing wrong...they parrot what sebilus says....the website has NEVER crahsed....
i don't know what you're babbling about.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't know what you're babbling about.
I was agreeing withy our babble, but if you want I can delete my post and just let your babble stay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies