Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,277,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then if my neighbor buys a brand new Porsche my car insurance premiums should increase because that's how insurance works.
Neo-proggies don't like that idea because the Porsche owner is likely a Republican so he or she should have to absorb the increase all by themselves. Also, there is no protected class involved because being a Republican nullifies any benefit gender or minority status may provide. Social justice indeed works, you just need to know how it functions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:27 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's not that men or infertile women "need" maternity care. It's that they are in the pool that pays for this care. If someone has cancer, the people in their insurance pool that don't have cancer are subsidizing the cancer patients. That's how insurance works.

Unmarried people over 18 are 44% of the population. Thus, around 21% of the population (the males) are in the insurance pool and subsidize the cost of maternity care for women.
I know how insurance works. I was probably buying my own insurance when you were still pooping in your pampers... But notice.... I was BUYING MY OWN!!! And I had the option to BUY the coverage that I wanted or needed. Which... DID NOT include maternity. I was in a non-maternity pool obviously. It was my choice. I've lost my choice. Why is so hard for you lefties to understand?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
ya wanna hear a joke.....?

My cousin received a letter the other day, who is by the way, 59 years old. This letter came from her health care provider and said, she was dropped b/c she had no pregnacy or mental illness coverage, therefore, she wasn't within the standards of ObamaCare, so they dropped her.

She had a hystorectomy, many years ago??????????????????????

This is insane...literally and total incompetence.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I know how insurance works. I was probably buying my own insurance when you were still pooping in your pampers... But notice.... I was BUYING MY OWN!!! And I had the option to BUY the coverage that I wanted or needed. Which... DID NOT include maternity. I was in a non-maternity pool obviously. It was my choice. I've lost my choice. Why is so hard for you lefties to understand?
Forcing men to buy maternity care is all about a "solution" to women complaining about discrimination in the workplace. It allows single mothers to get single childless males to subsidize their maternity cost. Emasculating-licious!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

My cousin received a letter the other day, who is by the way, 59 years old. This letter came from her health care provider and said, she was dropped b/c she had no pregnacy or mental illness coverage, therefore, she wasn't within the standards of ObamaCare, so they dropped her.

Single unemployed mothers need to raise their children alone. You can't expect them to foot the higher premiums by themselves. They need the older Republican folks to subsidize their premiums. You do believe in social justice and female equality, don't you?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I am no youngster, so you were buying your own insurance when you were still pooping in my cloth diapers (they didn't have disposable diapers when I was a baby) you are probably old enough to be pooping in your Depends now.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Exactly! But... here comes *insert the name of any one of the handfull of Obama-disciples* to tell you that it is her responsibility to pay for it, so that other's can pop out as many as they want. If your a young woman, have the parts, and the financial ability to pay for it.. I say have as many children as you want. But if you want me to pay for it... No. I paid for mine, I didn't have more than I could afford, and now I can't have anymore.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I am no youngster, so you were buying your own insurance when you were still pooping in my cloth diapers (they didn't have disposable diapers when I was a baby) you are probably old enough to be pooping in your Depends now.
You didn't have any information content in your reply, just talk about p00p and diapers. Did you have something to say about insurance?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:

??

Actually then... you must be a whole lot older than me.... so you've probably got to be on Medicare or at least close... so why are you so gung-ho about Obamacare? Too much Kool-aid? Or just used to having others pay for you?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,464,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It wouldn't be much. If an insurer only paid out 75% (and that's a stretch) then at most you'd get back 5%
It would at least mean that we the people aren't being taken for a big bogus ride.
I don't know how the rebate would be computed. But 5% back to me is more than a grand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies