Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM

29,183 posts, read 22,206,470 times

Advertisements

I doubt little kids dressed up like pirates and princesses will take to the streets in conservative outrage, but you never know…

Why not try it? There is no harm in becoming a neighborhood pariah if you want to be one. I'll send a couple of church missionaries over to help you from being lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 02:58 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,346,059 times
If the kids turn the flyers over to the parents, I am sure there would be more than a few irate parents on the OP's doorstep as a result in retaliation for trying to ruin their kids' Halloween and trying to use trick-or-treating as a propaganda opportunity. He is looking for a well deserved punch in the nose.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,441,779 times
It's Halloween, only give candy or turn off your lights and give nothing.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,390,713 times
Wow people have got no freaking class these days. Kepp the damn politics and religion out of children's fun time.

Politics and religion is what gets so many people into trouble, kids don't need to be a part of that crap...

Old 10-31-2013, 04:40 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm actually wondering about this.....I have an idea for Halloween tomorrow, and that is to have flyers about the negatives of Obamacare and the Obama administration, and about his war on coal here in WV and information about a protest against VP Biden this Saturday. And also flyers from a church and religious messages. I wonder if its okay to include these along with candy and give them to trick or treater and their parents, especially their parents. I would love to spread the word about how terrible Obama is for this country, and the specific things he has done to hurt our economy and our health care.

Do y'all think Halloween would be a good opportunity to spread this information? A lot of people out there truly are not educated about things like the illegal alien Dream Act, the deficit, Obamacare, Obama's war on coal, the Democrats urban centric policies and the negative impacts that they have on basically all Americans outside of his urban base.
Use your flyers as stocking stuffers this Christmas. That should go over well with family and friends.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,708,781 times
I used to live in a heavily Democratic very liberal enclave...nobody ever passed out political flyers, let alone 'pro-abortion' literature.

Try meeting a few liberals before you become so sure you know what they'll do.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,229,298 times
Quote:
Anyone have any ideas? For some perspective I do live in whats generally recognized as a conservative and religious area within a conservative and religious state. But it would be good to have as many people as possible join the protest against Obama and his policies this weekend and I figure trick or treating is a good time to spread the word about it, and about the harm Obama has done to this country in general. Maybe it would be cool to give a kid a handout with information regarding Obamacare's negative effects and tell them that it is something that will scare their parents.

If I lived in a liberal area I wouldn't be surprised if someone handed out pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage messages on Halloween it would be their freedom of speech and I would respect it. When I used to live in a liberal state I recognized that I was the minority. I think liberals where I live now should realize it is they who are the minority.
What's a pro abortion message?

Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 PM

16,320 posts, read 8,415,553 times
Quote:
I'm actually wondering about this.....I have an idea for Halloween tomorrow, and that is to have flyers about the negatives of Obamacare and the Obama administration, and about his war on coal here in WV and information about a protest against VP Biden this Saturday. And also flyers from a church and religious messages. I wonder if its okay to include these along with candy and give them to trick or treater and their parents, especially their parents. I would love to spread the word about how terrible Obama is for this country, and the specific things he has done to hurt our economy and our health care.

Do y'all think Halloween would be a good opportunity to spread this information? A lot of people out there truly are not educated about things like the illegal alien Dream Act, the deficit, Obamacare, Obama's war on coal, the Democrats urban centric policies and the negative impacts that they have on basically all Americans outside of his urban base.
I have not read any responses, but let me give you my take.

Although I think Obamacare must go, and think Obama may very well be the worst president in modern history at working with the opposition party, Halloween is no place for political rhetoric. That of course applies to both sides, not just the one I might disagree with.

Our kids are inundated with enough during the course of the year, and need a few days for some simple fun like Halloween to provide simple childhood memories without trying to be influenced politically by adults. I don't know about you, but my parents never did any such thing, nor did any of the neighbors who gave out candy.

On a side note, don't forget that kids can be very immature and vindictive. You snub them or give them something other than good candy, you might get your cars/house egged. Of course if you get a nutjob parent, they might haunt you, not only during Halloween.

`

Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,191,168 times
Quote:

good grief
turn your lights off and sit in the dark!! this is for little kids
not nuts wanting to spread information!!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,048,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Good grief! So many fun things being taken away from kids these days. Now you want to take away the fun of trick-or-treat out of Halloween with your crappy political statements? Looks like the Grinch has found himself a new holiday.
You are my new favorite poster!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies