Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times

Advertisements

M.I.T. economist Jon Gruber, a former adviser to Mitt Romney.

Quote:
Gruber summarized his stats: ninety-seven per cent of Americans are either left alone or are clear winners, while three per cent are arguably losers. “We have to as a society be able to accept that,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, that’s a shame, but no law in the history of America makes everyone better off.”
CHART: 'Winners And Losers From Obamacare'

Then there's this. I know cons hate it when journalists actually do their job for a change.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ther-debunking

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
Yeah, Obamacare is a good law, at least in general.

I already knew this before, but thanks for sharing this.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM

Somebody has to point out the actual facts, as opposed to the handwringing going on all over this forum, complete with fake horror stories.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
M.I.T. economist Jon Gruber, a former adviser to Mitt Romney.

CHART: 'Winners And Losers From Obamacare'

Then there's this. I know cons hate it when journalists actually do their job for a change.

Another horror story, another debunking | MSNBC

Discuss.
Sounds like very good stats to me. I also heard that insurance company cancellation notices are not really totally complete as far as including which alternate plans consumers can sign up for. Many people are not understanding that once the website is user friendly, they have many options. Right now, it appears that many are just going by what the letters say.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sounds like very good stats to me. I also heard that insurance company cancellation notices are not really totally complete as far as including which alternate plans consumers can sign up for. Many people are not understanding that once the website is user friendly, they have many options. Right now, it appears that many are just going by what the letters say.
Yes, I read that too. Didn't bother to post it here because I wasn't in the mood at the time for the usual con whining and lying … which is sure to appear here eventually. But I'm in a good mood today after the Red Sox' big win last night.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
That little pie chart doesn't say anything about cost, it's only about access. What about the people in that 80% whose access is "unaffected" but will have to pay higher premiums on their same old plan due to Obamacare? I fall in that category, I'm certainly affected.

What happened to people saving money on their health coverage like Obama promised us?

Old 10-31-2013, 03:00 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
That doesn't matter when you're residing in LWCJ world.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:11 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That little pie chart doesn't say anything about cost, it's only about access. What about the people in that 80% whose access is "unaffected" but will have to pay higher premiums on their same old plan due to Obamacare? I fall in that category, I'm certainly affected.

What happened to people saving money on their health coverage like Obama promised us?
It has already been established that some people want "JUNK" policies, for reasons not understood by sensible people. It has also been established that the GOP wants insurance companies to continue selling "JUNK" policies, for reasons well understood by sensible people. Have you attempted to sign up and have you compared any policies to the one you are giving up...or are you already well insured and do not need to switch?

Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It has already been established that some people want "JUNK" policies, for reasons not understood by sensible people. It has also been established that the GOP wants insurance companies to continue selling "JUNK" policies, for reasons well understood by sensible people. Have you attempted to sign up and have you compared any policies to the one you are giving up...or are you already well insured and do not need to switch?
He's just making stuff up, actually.

Great post.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:14 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
I'm sure it's a win for the subsidized.

It's a lose for the subsidizers.

And it's not a 97/3 percent split.

Leeches are in the upper 40 percent range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies