Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Bill Clinton was impeached because he lied about having sex with another woman. Obama clearly lied about his health care plan, the ACA act has caused people's and businesses insurance premiums to sky rocket in price, and has even left millions of people without insurance all together. Despite his claim that "no one would ever lose their insurance", the exact opposite is happening.

So why hasn't anyone impeached him yet? His only defense is "I didn't know about it", well that seems to be the case with him and his administration all the time now. Makes me wonder how someone can be in such a powerful position and yet not be aware of important things happening around you. It makes no sense.

The sooner Obama is gone, the better.
Go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 02:24 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
Let's see...The Soviet Union had Siberia, ..we have, ah...Alaska.

The only explanation I can think of for a lot of stuff going on/not going on in Washington these days. I honestly think that Boehner has a real phobia for cold and snow (and has read history books).

Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. Theres flat out lying, theres being wrong and saying what you believed, etc. its not a black and white thing.

Heres the thing-Obama reasonably believed that the grandfathered plans would not be cancelled by the insurance companies. A lot of people thought they might hesitate to throw their folks into the exchange because they were a captured market. But really they don't want the overhead of managing a lot of plans, so the insurance companies cancelled them.

And finally, if lying was impeachable, no politician would be in office longer then a month. Name one Republican or Democratic politician that hasn't lied or been mistaken.

Apparently this needs to be made into another faux horrible thing. Sigh.
"Obama reasonably believed that the grandfathered plans would not be cancelled by the insurance companies. "
REALLY??
Forbes: White House Predicted in 2010 That 93 Million Would Lose Their Health Plans Under ObamaCare | NewsBusters

But, once again, "He didn't KNOW!!"

Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Oh, please try to impeach Obama!
That will cast the Republican party down in the the deepest regions of hell for the next 20 years.
Proceed at full speed. The sooner the big conservative purge happens, the better it is for all of us.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Clinton was impeached for violating the provision of his oath of office in which he promised that he would never have oral sex.

Wait, what? There is no such provision? Then there must have been some other reason, but the Republican liars who made it up have never been able to convince the vast majority of the American people what it was.

I don't usually make a practice of telling other political parties what to do, but if you are determined to impeach President Obama, I encourage, I beseech you to do so! I'm sure that will work out really well for the Republicans.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:48 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Actually, I think a great many people know that Clinton was impeached for perjury.
That is, lying under oath.

For reference purposes, see The United States Constitution, Article II Section 4.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:01 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Actually, I think a great many people know that Clinton was impeached for perjury.
That is, lying under oath.

For reference purposes, see The United States Constitution, Article II Section 4.
Yes, perjury, obstructing justice and witness tampering.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Unfortunately being incompetent isn't an impeachable offence, Clinton lied under oath, that is an impeachable offence. Under the Constitution it's "Treason, Bribery and High crime and misdemeanors" are impeachable offences. We all know what Treason and Bribery are however, high crime and misdemeanors are subjective and they refer to criminal actions as well as any serious misuse or abuse of office. It's up to Congress to determine the nature of impeachment.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
To liberals that's an electable offense....
Too bad we never had an opportunity to see Reagan explain his story under oath evidently lying about an affair is more important than illegal arms trade.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:20 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Clinton lied under oath
Right! All we have to do is get Obummer under oath and we can impeach him immediately after he speaks his first full sentence. Brilliant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies