Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Bill Clinton was impeached because he lied about having sex with another woman. Obama clearly lied about his health care plan, the ACA act has caused people's and businesses insurance premiums to sky rocket in price, and has even left millions of people without insurance all together. Despite his claim that "no one would ever lose their insurance", the exact opposite is happening.

So why hasn't anyone impeached him yet? His only defense is "I didn't know about it", well that seems to be the case with him and his administration all the time now. Makes me wonder how someone can be in such a powerful position and yet not be aware of important things happening around you. It makes no sense.

The sooner Obama is gone, the better.
OP, we have a lap dog media who will defend and spin everything to protect Obama. Right now they don't have much of a choice. We also have people who will defend Obama no matter what. They are creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
What's the point other than to make a point? As with Clinton voting would be along party lines and would pass the House but fail in the Senate.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton was impeached because he lied about having sex with another woman. Obama clearly lied about his health care plan, the ACA act has caused people's and businesses insurance premiums to sky rocket in price, and has even left millions of people without insurance all together. Despite his claim that "no one would ever lose their insurance", the exact opposite is happening.

So why hasn't anyone impeached him yet? His only defense is "I didn't know about it", well that seems to be the case with him and his administration all the time now. Makes me wonder how someone can be in such a powerful position and yet not be aware of important things happening around you. It makes no sense.

The amazing thing about people with your mentality is your full throated support of Pres. Bush, who lied us into a war of aggression against an innocent nation, personally was responsible for over 4000 American dead, over 100,000 Iraqi dead, and there is no problem whatsoever with any of it.

But a sexual escapade and an attempt to provide healthcare to the most needy Americans enrages you.

How does one deal with a mentality like this?

Old 10-31-2013, 04:43 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I think this is around the 10th impeachment, Benghazi, F&F,.....

Love Sarah Palin's latest.

Quote:

Sarah Palin: Barack Obama flirts with impeachment

President Barack Obama is risking “impeachable” offenses with the way he is
handling the debt limit debate, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said in a post on
her Facebook page Monday.

“Defaulting on our national debt is an impeachable offense, and any attempt
by President Obama to unilaterally raise the debt limit without Congress is also
an impeachable offense,” Palin wrote
Read more: Sarah Palin: Barack Obama flirts with impeachment - Jose DelReal - POLITICO.com

Old 10-31-2013, 04:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Articles of impeachment against Obama would be pointless as long as the Senate is controlled by Democrats. He would never be found guilty of anything. He could shoot the pope in broad daylight on worldwide television and the Democrats would find him innocent...

Old 10-31-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The amazing thing about people with your mentality is your full throated support of Pres. Bush, who lied us into a war of aggression against an innocent nation, personally was responsible for over 4000 American dead, over 100,000 Iraqi dead, and there is no problem whatsoever with any of it.

But a sexual escapade and an attempt to provide healthcare to the most needy Americans enrages you.

How does one deal with a mentality like this?
If you have any proof that George Bush lied to get us involved in a war then I suggest you submit that proof to the USAG. To the best of my knowledge that has never been proven. Last time I checked you couldn't be charged meerly on accusations. Bill Clinton was not charged with any sexual escapades. He was found guilty of perjury. The fact that it involved his indiscretion is of little consequence. Yes, the ACA enrages me. I have friends who had excellent health care who have now lost that health care and are being forced into the exchanges for mediocre health care at higher prices than they were originally paying. Yes, I am enraged that we as a people are being dictated to by our government.. How do I deal with my mentality? With a very clear conscience.. How do you sleep at night?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Clinton was impeached for violating the provision of his oath of office in which he promised that he would never have oral sex.

Wait, what? There is no such provision? Then there must have been some other reason, but the Republican liars who made it up have never been able to convince the vast majority of the American people what it was.

I don't usually make a practice of telling other political parties what to do, but if you are determined to impeach President Obama, I encourage, I beseech you to do so! I'm sure that will work out really well for the Republicans.
sorry jack, but clinton lied under oath in a deposition for the court, which is a misdemeanor, and thus an impeachable offense. there was nothing about getting a hummer in the oval office. you might want to read the bolded part below

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you have any proof that George Bush lied to get us involved in a war then I suggest you submit that proof to the USAG. To the best of my knowledge that has never been proven. Last time I checked you couldn't be charged meerly on accusations. Bill Clinton was not charged with any sexual escapades. He was found guilty of perjury. The fact that it involved his indiscretion is of little consequence. Yes, the ACA enrages me. I have friends who had excellent health care who have now lost that health care and are being forced into the exchanges for mediocre health care at higher prices than they were originally paying. Yes, I am enraged that we as a people are being dictated to by our government.. How do I deal with my mentality? With a very clear conscience.. How do you sleep at night?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
To liberals that's an electable offense....
How cute, more partisan nonsense from a right winger. Because, of course, no conservative public official has ever dared lie!

Oh wait, your Presidential hopeful, Mr. Romney, was proven by studies to have lied during the campaign far more than Obama. But I guess it's ok when it's a Republican.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How cute, more partisan nonsense from a right winger. Because, of course, no conservative public official has ever dared lie!

Oh wait, your Presidential hopeful, Mr. Romney, was proven by studies to have lied during the campaign far more than Obama. But I guess it's ok when it's a Republican.
Romney won the election?? That is the only way this argument would even approach being relevant.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:

Bill Clinton's impeachment did not remove him from office.

Nixon resigned because he was going to be removed from office.

Impeaching Obama would not remove him from office.

So here is what you got to do. Ask Mr. Obama, under oath, if people will be able to keep their health care insurance, and if he says yes...you got him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies