Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,522,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Every prez has a legacy, like it or not. FDR had the new deal, LBJ had the new society, Nixon had Watergate, Reagan won the Cold War, yet ran up the deficit. Clinton got a BJ yet balanced the budget, W Bush had Iraq, and so forth.

How do you expect that Pres. Obama's legacy will be summed up when he exits the stage in 3 short years?
The first US President to stand up against Israeli Zionist control, in not pursuing war with Syria. AIPAC, and CFR, who run our military policy, are very upset with him and he is being punished. I applaud him for this action, and vote to let him keep his peace prize (for now). If Israel wants war, let them do it themselves, which they appear to be. I heard today they blew up a Russian ship, and they are also sending rockets into the Gaza.
PressTV - Obama punished for forgoing Syria war: Commentator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,152,703 times
Barry's legacy will be a warning to the country to never again allow an amatuer to be president again. He doubled the national debt of all the previous presidents combined and has nothing to show for it but a broken website.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,207,237 times
Quote:
Every prez has a legacy, like it or not. FDR had the new deal, LBJ had the new society, Nixon had Watergate, Reagan won the Cold War, yet ran up the deficit. Clinton got a BJ yet balanced the budget, W Bush had Iraq, and so forth.

How do you expect that Pres. Obama's legacy will be summed up when he exits the stage in 3 short years?
Failure.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,027,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
He exposed the Republican party as the party of racists. After eight years of race baiting and dog whistle politics many minorities will have a hard time voting for Republicans. Interesting to see what the Republicans can do between now and 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The first US President to stand up against Israeli Zionist control, in not pursuing war with Syria. AIPAC, and CFR, who run our military policy, are very upset with him and he is being punished. I applaud him for this action, and vote to let him keep his peace prize (for now). If Israel wants war, let them do it themselves, which they appear to be. I heard today they blew up a Russian ship, and they are also sending rockets into the Gaza.

Look at the image, do not blink. You are feeling complacent, and open to suggestion.

The republicans are evil, racists, women haters, minority haters. Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan were liberals. Fox news is evil. Conservatives want slavery back. They want to starve the poor, and they hate gays. They want guns so they can attack you. They want to steal from the poor to give to the rich. They are totalitarians, authoritarians, and want to build an oligarchy on your back.

Liberals embrace you, the government is good and loves you. Listen to your teachers, because they care about you. Obama is the father you always wished you had. WE will feed, cloth, and house you for the rest of your life. You will not have to worry about anything anymore.

and 3... 2... 1...

Old 11-01-2013, 12:09 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,730,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barry's legacy will be a warning to the country to never again allow an amatuer to be president again. He doubled the national debt of all the previous presidents combined and has nothing to show for it but a broken website.
The spending was mostly the result of a massive recession that came at the end of a period of 8 years of predominantly Republican rule. I'd be careful in throwing that stone unless you actually know what your'e talking about.

Nobody on either side of the aisle were that envious of him given the economic mess with which he was faced.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,152,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The spending was mostly the result of a massive recession that came at the end of a period of 8 years of predominantly Republican rule. I'd be careful in throwing that stone unless you actually know what your'e talking about.

Nobody on either side of the aisle were that envious of him given the economic mess with which he was faced.
The recession did not start until after the mid-term election of 2007 when the Democrats took over the Congress.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,188,872 times
Quote:

the biggest hack in history also the biggest huckster and the one who fooled the most people the one who used race as his weapon after all if you disagree with him you are called a racist
I think rather than asking what each president's legacy is it should be who captured the public better??

Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,027,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

He (Obama) had two years of full control. When he should have been indicting bankers for selling toxic assets and stealing trillions from investors, and letting too big to fail; fail, and pouring his monopoly money into shovel ready jobs to improve our decrepit infrastructure... He was out playing Robin Hood, and spreading the wealth of the middle class to the wealthiest 1%, while increasing the ranks of the impoverished.

I've never seen such a dismal economy being accepted by such a brainwashed society. This is a great example of how progressive social engineering works. They give you something bad, and make you believe it's actually pretty good. Anyone who lived during the Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter and Reagan eras can see exactly what's happening.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 PM

30,566 posts, read 21,730,649 times
Quote:
A lot of us did hope for the best after Nov 4, 2008. I had a good conservative friend who actually changed his mind on his way to vote, and voted for Obama. On his way to vote, he ran into a elderly black gentlemen who was beaming w/ pride about the vote he had just cast, and so my friend in turn changed his vote. Then my Libertarian buddy told me he was happy that at least we now had a leader of the free world who was articulate. I thought that if Obama could move us forward towards MLK's dream, it might be worth it, liberalism and all.

5 years later we've been through 'Fast and Furious,' where we sent thousands of guns to Mex drug cartels for no apparent reason. We've backslidden on MLK's dream. Eighty percent of new jobs are now part time jobs. The NSA is spying on the Catholic church. And Obamacare turns out to be a massive cluster.
"A lot of us did hope for the best after Nov 4, 2008."
Same here. I wasn't all woozy over him like many but I had some hope since he came accross as a sincere person. What hope I had is mostly gone due to what you brought up above and more.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,228,620 times
This may have been mentioned already but a legacy usually comes after 100 percent of a presidents term. Not 60 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies