Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 03:05 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Like anything else, the ones that are going to like it are the ones that will benefit and the ones that aren't are the ones that are going to have to pay for the ones that like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 04:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Actually what's even crazier is the supposed "reasons" some people are opposed to it. Most of what they are saying is so awful about it isn't even true.. That to me is crazy.
Like what, for example? I haven't seen any arguments against it yet that aren't true.

Quote:
As for why plans are being cancelled.. simple, they were crap plans that didn't meet the standards set out in the ACA.
They weren't "crap plans." They were good plans. You are just parroting the administrations propaganda.

Quote:
People who think they had such a great plan were fortunate enough to never have to discover just how vulnerable their plan left them financially...
Example please? What people are finding is that they had better not even think about seening a doctor under ObamaCare, because it's going to cost them a fortune. High deductibles, and co-pays are seeing to that. Child has a fever or a cold? Let them suffer through it, or your going to find yourself on the hook for hundreds of dollars. ObamaCare is worse than having no insurance at all. That's why it's being rejected. Only a few hundred have actually signed up since Oct. 1.

Quote:
I read the ACA and I have it on my Kindle to reference. About 90% of the reasons people "oppose" it is because of something they "heard" about it that is completely not true in the least.
You keep saying that, but you provid no examples. You sound like one who is a OFA volunteer, or a Democrat operative, out here on the Web pushing the system, and spreading the propaganda.

Quote:
and, of couse, people that don't know about the standards in the ACA are going to not understand why their plan was crap because they simply do not have the information.
And, what is "the information?" You haven't provided any.
Again, the plans that are being cancelled were not "crap" plans. You are pushing the lie.

Quote:
They care enough about it to complain, but not enough about it find the free versions of it online and look up stuff themselves about it.
Nothing is ever "free." You are paying one way or another. What good is a health plan if no doctor or hospital is going to accept it?

Quote:
All this indignation for a statement Obama made about it... I think they would be very surprised and even more appalled about how much they were lied to NOT by Obama about the law.. but by the side they have taken in the Obamacare debate.... ..

I am SHOCKED at all the BS flying around out there about it.. and not from those that support it, but from those that oppose it. It's quite sad actually.....
Example please?
Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.
Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare - US News and World Report
Here are a few other facts you are not aware of (apparently), though you claim to have all the information.
"I'd literally need to be dying before I would start paying this ridiculous deductible for routine care."

Under ObamaCare, those who work for a living incur massive premium and deductible increases to subsidize those that cannot or will not provide their own insurance. In the universe of ObamaCare, unless you are among the privileged dependency class that enjoys free health care, gone are the days when cautionary calls can be made to the doctor because a child has a stomachache or bad cough, because such calls will cost you five hundred bucks or so.

Read more: Articles: High Deductibles Chase the Middle Class from Health Services

Salient points are:
  • ObamaCare is a bridge to a "single-payer" system. It was designed to put private insurance out of business.
  • Medicaid enrollment is soaring, but new paid policies are almost non-existent. Only a few hundred have signed up.
  • Because policies that don't meet ObamaCare requirements must be cancelled (not 'grandfathered' if a customer makes any changes to their coverage, no matter how slight), and few sign-ups under ObamaCare, insurance companies are losing millions of dollars.
  • Progressives are 'gleefull' at the prospect of the private insurance industry collapsing, because they can then nationalize health care.
  • Even the least expensive 'Bronze' plans under ObamaCare are "extraordinarily more expensive" than comparable existing plans.
  • Government insurance commissioners have influenced the ObamaCare pricing, and are responsible for driving up costs because of the way the 'community ratings' are prescribed under ObamaCare, which is backward from a Free Market ratings system.
Also noted in this article is that nationalized health care (single-payer) probably could not be passed in todays political climate.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I guess you didn't see Megan Kelly and the segment on the woman who had a Cadillac plan. Her husband got cancer and they paid for most of his bills, which came to a million dollars. She wants to keep that plan for herself and the premiums went up, but not much. Now the insurance company said with Obamacare they had to up the premiums much more to comply with the law. Nice huh?
And what this poster will not acknowlege (if she even knows it), is that if the woman increases her deductible so she can better afford the premium, the plan loses it's 'grandfather' status, and can be cancelled.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Prove that it's false..

Take one of those plans that were "cancelled' and compare it to the standards set in the ACA.. then come back and tell me HOW That plan actually complies with the minimum standards.

You saying it's FALSE ..doesn't make it so. You want to prove me wrong.. then do just that..

go get the FREE copy of the ACA .. look up the minimum requirments of the plans..then compare it to one that someone was told is "cancelled" and then tell me how it actually DOES comply..

Because why would an insurance company cancel a plan that IS in compliance? That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever....
I think you are very confused. Worse, you buy into all the administration propaganda.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 AM

I know you're not supposed to cross post but this fits in here
I have to laugh....some of the posters here that keep referring to good policies as "junk" are probably the same ones that would buy something like what Aflac sells without reading and think they bought real coverage.
When it comes to people like that, even though he's trying, even Obama can't fix stupidity.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Like what, for example? I haven't seen any arguments against it yet that aren't true.
You've posted misinformation yourself. Previously and in this very thread. For the life of me I can't figure out why people have to resort to lies in order to bash the ACA. I loathe the ACA, but I have never said anything untrue about it.

Quote:
Example please? What people are finding is that they had better not even think about seening a doctor under ObamaCare, because it's going to cost them a fortune. High deductibles, and co-pays are seeing to that. Child has a fever or a cold? Let them suffer through it, or your going to find yourself on the hook for hundreds of dollars. ObamaCare is worse than having no insurance at all. That's why it's being rejected. Only a few hundred have actually signed up since Oct. 1.
More misinformation.

Deductibles aren't new.
The max deductibles are lower now than they used to be.
You can still buy a plan with $10 co pays.
The plans with $10,000 deductibles aren't going to be legal anymore, yet people are complaining that plans with $6,000 deductibles are still legal.

Quote:
Here is misinformation taken directly from your article. There is no difference between insurance on the exchange and insurance from a broker.

"Chances are the individual plan you purchased outside Obamacare would allow you to go to these facilities. For example, fourth-ranked Cleveland Clinic accepts dozens of insurance plans if you buy one on your own. But go through Obamacare and you have just one choice: Medical Mutual of Ohio."

Quote:
Here are a few other facts you are not aware of (apparently), though you claim to have all the information.

"I'd literally need to be dying before I would start paying this ridiculous deductible for routine care."

Under ObamaCare, those who work for a living incur massive premium and deductible increases to subsidize those that cannot or will not provide their own insurance
. In the universe of ObamaCare, unless you are among the privileged dependency class that enjoys free health care, gone are the days when cautionary calls can be made to the doctor because a child has a stomachache or bad cough, because such calls will cost you five hundred bucks or so.

Read more: Articles: High Deductibles Chase the Middle Class from Health Services
This article is spreading more misinformation.

Preventative care is covered pre deductible. The max deductibles are lower now.

People that work are not facing insurance premiums rise to subsidize others. Insurance premiums are rising because your insurance company can't drop you if you get sick, can't deny you for preexisting conditions, can't charge you significantly more if you are old, can't sell you high deductible policies, and because there is no lifetime cap on policies.

Dr's have never charged for a phone call, so if you need to call a DR they won't be charging you $500. Hell, $500 is more than a Dr visit.

Quote:
ObamaCare is a bridge to a "single-payer" system. It was designed to put private insurance out of business.
Obamacare can't put insurance companies out of business. If health insurance is unprofitable then they just won't sell insurance, but the ACA is very similar to the model in Switzerland and they still have insurance companies selling health insurance. The only difference might lie in how preexisting conditions are treated, but that is addressed (for the most part) with the enrollment periods.

Last edited by lycos679; 11-04-2013 at 05:41 AM..

Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You've posted misinformation yourself. Previously and in this very thread. For the life of me I can't figure out why people have to resort to lies in order to bash the ACA. I loathe the ACA, but I have never said anything untrue about it.

Worth repeating .
Unfortunately, many who do this are no more informed than some that tout it but hurts the credibility of those who are opposed to the ACA for legitimate reasons....the "birds of a feather" syndrome.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, they are opting out of being "in network" which means those with Obamacare insurance will foot the entire bill out of their pockets.
AND the payments to out-of-network providers will not be applied to their deductible.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Actually what's even crazier is the supposed "reasons" some people are opposed to it. Most of what they are saying is so awful about it isn't even true.. That to me is crazy.

As for why plans are being cancelled.. simple, they were crap plans that didn't meet the standards set out in the ACA. People who think they had such a great plan were fortunate enough to never have to discover just how vulnerable their plan left them financially...

I read the ACA and I have it on my Kindle to reference. About 90% of the reasons people "oppose" it is because of something they "heard" about it that is completely not true in the least.

and, of couse, people that don't know about the standards in the ACA are going to not understand why their plan was crap because they simply do not have the information. They care enough about it to complain, but not enough about it find the free versions of it online and look up stuff themselves about it.

All this indignation for a statement Obama made about it... I think they would be very surprised and even more appalled about how much they were lied to NOT by Obama about the law.. but by the side they have taken in the Obamacare debate.... ..

I am SHOCKED at all the BS flying around out there about it.. and not from those that support it, but from those that oppose it. It's quite sad actually.....
Sadly, the people you are referring to are hyper reactionary and seem to lack the capacity to grasp facts. If they would do a little research they would understand that most of the fear mongering coming from the right is just plain BS.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:07 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Unless you have a Michelle Obama waiting near the emergency room door telling telling the driver to take the patient to that "other" hospital because they don't have the right insurance that will pay.
Yeah... She did indeed ban some patients from the hospital she worked for.

Michelle Obama part of 'patient dumping' scheme in Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies