Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 01:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Maybe in YOUR state, but not mine..at least, then.
We are talking about TODAY. What is the max for an individual in your state TODAY? And what state are you talking about? How long ago was it that you were on food stamps......you know, that inflation thing and all.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:05 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You earlier made some reference to what I eat, therefore, the response.

So YOU think that an antibiotic-resistant disease would NOT spread rapidly in a low income, poor area of society, even if it got started in a hospital? And what makes you think it wouldn't get started in a low income area where people are almost starving. The FACT is those germs are out there and they are going to get worse. WHY feed the fire by creating a population living in substandard, far-below poverty line areas, with little to no food? You think you'll teach them to be "responsible" and to "make better food choices" by depriving them of food, and the effect of that decision won't affect you ever? Silly, wishful thinking on your part. Burying your head in the sand. Talking about FACTS is not paranoia.
Those bugs, just like the flu, are not going to be more widespread by those zillions of starving people that don't exist than if they were all given $1000 in food stamps.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:06 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
If you're going to make such a claim, it's your responsibility to back up that claim with statistics. If there are so many sources with that particular statistic available it shouldn't be a difficult thing for you to find. I'm not in the mood to do your homework for you.

Seems more like denial and wanting to give damage control for the dems. For the record I am not against welfare for those truly needy but the dems almost always hurt instead of help with their policies.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Responding to the posters that advocate for demonizing the the less fortunate is a true challenge and not because their talking points and fact-free rhetoric is not easlily debunked, but because if the poster is coming from a "religious" foundation with their outlook, mainly Evangelical, there is a very precise and particular reason for their philosophy and agenda...and it is not an admirable one. If they identify themselves as Evangelical or Born Again, it is becoming no secret where their anger and lashing out comes from and can be pinpointed by the truth behind their agenda. Ted Cruz is the perfect example. If they do not identify with either of those religions, then they are just simply sociopathic.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-02-2013 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Prove it, and tell us what you eat each day.

And at the end of the challenge (with no cheating) tell us that you're not hungry.
Even though it wasn't me you challenged, let me ask you....when you can go on the www and find out just how to do this, why would anybody waste their time typing out a shopping list and meal planning for you?

Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If you are a good cook,
armed with only a pan, a knife, and a cutting board,
you can easily ace the challenge.
Chicken is about 89 cents a pound.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I don't know how they would have done that, but it would have been more just. It probobaly would cost more to pull that off than what they are saving. My gripe is that the reason they are giving for this being implemented is disengnuous, not to mention downright cruel.
Wherever that portion you quoted came from { didn't click on the link } it is obviously bias and partisan

Old 11-02-2013, 01:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Those bugs, just like the flu, are not going to be more widespread by those zillions of starving people that don't exist than if they were all given $1000 in food stamps.
Contagious diseases do spread more quickly in highly populated communities with more unhealthy people than otherwise. Why do you think folks love those wealthy gated communities so much? Why do they self-segregate? Plus, there will be more of those "starving" people out in the general community looking for food or money or whatever they need to survive.

I personally don't think that the threat posed by these superbugs is the only reason we need to provide food for those who cannot afford to buy adequate food for themselves, yet at the same time it is a reason which I think SHOULD appeal to those who think only in terms of MONEY. I believe we have a social responsibility in this society to take care of those who cannot take adequate care of themselves. As a result of doing so, WE ALL have a better life.

MONEY will not protect you from diseases which spread as a result of poverty. I do not think it is an accident that the antibiotic resistant TB outbreak which happened in Jacksonville FL just accidentally started in a soup kitchen.

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A person doesn't need to eat a pound of chicken every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ah, but not when it's made by Tyson, cut up, breaded, salted and sugared and frozen in little nugget form!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies