Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
You brought up Florida and the Governor of Florida in a response to me. It was out the blue....I figured I would point out to you I don't live in Florida....figured you thought I was someone else, you seem to be confused about who you are responding to.

Maybe your just having a bad day....
Actually the reference was to a Tea Party governor (Rick Scott is supported by the Tea Party). Thought you sounded like a Tea Party person. I knew exactly to whom I was responding.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:20 PM

2,812 posts, read 5,612,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You remember how liberals liked to point out how the expiration of a "temporary" tax cut wasn't a tax increase? Well, the expiration of a tempory increase in food stamps isn't a cut, it's simply a return to "normalacy".
Yes, that is true- so where is our return to normalcy on that tax cut for the wealthy that was supposed to expire a couple years ago that you mentioned? That is costing us a ton of money, all of us are paying for it, and allowing that to expire would do more for the budget than allowing this will... so when will Republicans finally let this cut expire? Even Bush and his admin when they put it in place admitted it is very costly and NEEDS to expire at the intended time to avoid causing stress on the budget.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I had a blast in my 20's. did everything I wanted to do at that age. no bitterness or hatred. not sure where your concocting your ideas from. oh that's right. mother jones. I am gonna ask you an honest question, so you can provide me with your dishonest reply. how often to you volunteer?

I work harder than you ever will, for not a whole lot of money. which is why I am stingy with it when it comes to the handouts you favor with my cash. poor people wouldn't, and couldn't do my job. they'd rather just take part of my paycheck.
Of course I do volunteer work. However, in my "day job" I come into contact with people from all types of backgrounds, including the poor and working poor.

You have no idea how hard I work. I work hard. However, I do make fairly good money for what I do. I work in the legal field. Btw, you have no options about whether or not to pay taxes, and it is the tax money from ALL OF US which helps the needy. Nobody is asking you to go out on the streets and hand out your hard-earned cash.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 PM

537 posts, read 738,499 times
The FSA is always bitching about their miserable lives and parading around their offspring for pity points. For Chrissakes, somebody teach these "poor" people how to boil rice and make a big pot of chili or soup. I survived for years as a bachelor on waaaaaaay less. It's called cooking, people. Try it.

Maybe we should go back to soup lines. That way people wouldn't believe the BS that we are "recovering" from the recession. Not with 47 million on food stamps.

Anyway, the soup kitchens wouldn't be serving convenience/junk food/steaks, that's for sure, and the money would go a lot farther. Kids would get fed for a change because "baby momma" couldn't buy overpriced crap or trade her card out for cigarettes and booze.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,728,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Judging by the bitterness and resentment you express, it sounds to me as if you've had a disappointing life thus far. Sorry for your loss.
go mexico. chicago. your life has been horrific.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,728,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Of course I do volunteer work. However, in my "day job" I come into contact with people from all types of backgrounds, including the poor and working poor.

You have no idea how hard I work. I work hard. However, I do make fairly good money for what I do. I work in the legal field. Btw, you have no options about whether or not to pay taxes, and it is the tax money from ALL OF US which helps the needy. Nobody is asking you to go out on the streets and hand out your hard-earned cash.
this comment speaks for itself. no further questions your honor.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or better yet -- tubal ligations. That is something that actually would work.

6 weeks welfare for "maternity leave" then the option of getting off welfare handouts or the surgery and stay on them.
How about AbortionMobiles? Coming soon to your town. Step right up, ladies!!

The righties get apoplectic about it, but so what. I'd rather spend my tax dollars that way than on handouts for "baby mommas" who haven't got any other skill set.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
The FSA is always bitching about their miserable lives and parading around their offspring for pity points. For Chrissakes, somebody teach these "poor" people how to boil rice and make a big pot of chili or soup. I survived for years as a bachelor on waaaaaaay less. It's called cooking, people. Try it.

Maybe we should go back to soup lines. That way people wouldn't believe the BS that we are "recovering" from the recession. Not with 47 million on food stamps.

Anyway, the soup kitchens wouldn't be serving convenience/junk food/steaks, that's for sure, and the money would go a lot farther. Kids would get fed for a change because "baby momma" couldn't buy overpriced crap or trade her card out for cigarettes and booze.
Speaking of soup kitchens, an outbreak of antibiotic resistant TB started in a soup kitchen in Jacksonville, FL. in the somewhat recent past. Good idea. Let's have a lot of poor people with poor health going to a central location for all their food. Yeah, bring those babies with measles, chickenpox, etc.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
go mexico. chicago. your life has been horrific.
ahh, cocktail hour has arrived.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Speaking of soup kitchens, an outbreak of antibiotic resistant TB started in a soup kitchen in Jacksonville, FL. in the somewhat recent past. Good idea. Let's have a lot of poor people with poor health going to a central location for all their food. Yeah, bring those babies with measles, chickenpox, etc.
Nice try, catfood lady. And a meteorite might hit you in the ***** right after you win the lotto.

Lord knows, the FSA is doing a bang-up job with their food "credit cards".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.