Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Those insurance companies had grandfathered in plans, that didn't have to completely comply with the new standards, but those insurance companies were told if you CHANGE existing policies in specific manners that make those policies worse for you consumers,

Not quite. You are misleading people with that statement. It wasn't the insurance companies changing the policies. If the customer were to request to increase their deductible, that constituted a change in the policy (according to the government) and it was therefore not the same policy; i.e., loss of "grandfathering."

Quote:
then the plan is no longer grandfathered and will have to meet all the standards of the new health care law.

Those insurance companies decided to CHANGE those existing policies in ways that they knew violated the law and just took away the plans grandfathered in status.
No, they didn't. You are propagandizing. That is a bald faced lie.

Quote:
Now given reality who else is to blame but those insurance companies, who knew the rules over 3yrs ago and decided to change those plans in ways to make the insurance worse for consumers and thus invalidated their grandfathered in status.
Again, that is simply not true. You are spreading Leftist propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
I know. I wish President Obama hadn't said what he said in the manner in which he said it, but come on.
"If you like your insurance you can keep you insurance Period!"

So what Obama says doesn't matter right. We are supposed to vote on ???

Old 11-01-2013, 09:40 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
But those plans were changed. They didn't stay the same so it's not the same plan which is why it lost it's grandfathered status.
The president did not say we could keep our plans if they were grandfathered in he said we could keep our plans if we liked them. Period. He also knew that was not true.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
No, they aren't FORCED. They had grandfathered plans. They were told these plans are grandfathered in, but cannot be CHANGED in specific ways that will make the plans worse for your customers.
Why would the insurance companies deliberately change plans to make them worse for their customers, and then drop those customers? Does that make sense? They don't want to lose customers!
Quote:
They decided to change those plans in ways that violated the law.

This is objective reality.
Looney Tunes!

Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well my insurance policy did an excellent job. When I had surgery the authorized tests and treatment quickly, when bills came due they paid quickly. I couldn't be more satisfied with my healthcare company, Thank you Highmark, I know you had no choice. Obama said I could keep my policy and I planned on keeping my policy but understand you have to comply with the Obamacare law and are forced to terminate my policy.
The Obama Team message is people like you don't exist. Nobody can be happy with their insurance unless it covers their children up to age 26, has unlimited lifetime benefits, raised the deductible by $5, etc. If you are happy, Obama wants to protect you from yourself.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act contains what’s called a “grandfather” provision that, in theory, allows people to keep their existing plans if they like them. But subsequent regulations from the Obama administration interpreted that provision so narrowly as to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.
Exactly, Sebelius said in the hearing that if the plan changes by even $5, the plan can no longer be grandfathered.

So you are "allowed" to keep your grandfathered plan if:

You had it prior to March 23, 2010.

The plan has not changed by even $5.

The plan has not changed benefits at all.

You bought it on the 5th Tuesday in October.

And your birthday is on February 30.

But outside of those minor requirements, if you like your plan, you can keep it. Period.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The Obama Team message is people like you don't exist. Nobody can be happy with their insurance unless it covers their children up to age 26, has unlimited lifetime benefits, raised the deductible by $5, etc. If you are happy, Obama wants to protect you from yourself.
Barack says we have a "junk policy". This is the equivalent of me having a car accident and totaling your paid off, perfectly operating, 2001 Toyota Celica with my new Ford F150 and then saying "You need to buy a new car. Your's was junk anyway.".

Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Ok whatever.
Whats wrong do the facts blow Obamas lies out of the water?

Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
The current private healthcare policies are illegal, next year many more employer policies will be illegal. Democrats blame healthcare companies for complying with the Obamacare law. Unbelievable. Damned if you comply with the law, damned if you don't. The good ole U.S. of A.
I think you hit the nail right on the head with this post. If you ignore laws yourself you have no understanding of law-abiding Americans who do. It is not about getting something done to fix things; it is about where to place the blame. Obama is an expert at stating what is going on, who to blame it on, but has no reasonable plan to improve things.

Maybe I have read too many books but the thought has crossed my mind that maybe the computers are fine but have been purposely crashed in order to hide the fact that Obamacare is not going over well. Could the "broken" computers be buying him time to hide the real problem?

Sounds like Medicaid is doing well. LOL.

Last edited by NCN; 11-01-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Several Democrats have repeated that lie for over 4 years in addition to the President, including Democrat heavyweights such as Schumer, Reid & Durbin.

The fact remains that ObamaCare is a disaster for the middle class because the insurance it offers is very skimpy and hellaciously overpriced compared to what you gan get elsewhere.

Democrats have always felt that they can spend our money better than we can, and the we are stupid and incapable of making intelligent and reasonable decisions regarding the purchasing of healthcare, which is exactly what Madame Hillary stated in 1993 during the HillaryCare ruckus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies