Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
When I read the headline I felt bad for the family until I actually read the story:

"Occasionally, when her grocery store is running a deal, Lewis indulges the family with spare ribs or chicken.
The benefit -- totaling $800 for four adults -- never lasts Lewis and her family a full month.
"When I get to the end, we always run out. I try to go to all the food pantries," Lewis said.

"Lewis attributes the emphysema to a lifetime of bartending in smoke-filled nonprofit social clubs, such as Elks and Moose lodges.

Her adult daughters who live with her aren't in a position to work -- one is a new mom, and another is due to give birth soon."

Our family will lose $44 in food stamps - Nov. 1, 2013

FOUR people in the household. None of them work. One pregnant woman. One who just had a kid.

As a single mother who worked until the week before my daughter was born and went back to work 2 weeks after a c-section I have no sympathy for these leeches. NONE. I had a very high risk pregnancy and was in and out of the hospital but I took my happy behind to work.

Two years later and I am still working AND going to school to give myself and my daughter a better life. Her father has refused to pay court ordered child support.

$800 for a family of 4?!! I spend about $150 a month for myself and my daughter... And I pay for it with my own money. I don't rely on governments assistance.

Millions of people in this country have no shame sitting back and expecting a handout. It has become a way of life.
Reading the story, I was just kinda wondering how fat those 4 are.
Huge is my guess.
I think they'll get by lol.
Dinner for me tonight? Shin Ramyun and a little kimchi.
I barely cracked $100000 last year for a family of 4.
Maybe ribs next month...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're the one on here b***ing and moaning about how conservatives supposedly hate the poor! So put your damn money where your mouth is! Send them the difference!
conservatives do hate poor people and this thread is more proof of that fact.

I can't remember the last time I saw or read conservatives moralizing about all the money the military wastes and the military wastes a ton of money.

But programs that feed children, the elderly and the disabled, why that is prime outrage hate for conservatives every day.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Well all human beings use emotion so that is sort of an irrelevant charge.
The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I never said all. conservatives do hate poor people. This thread is another testament to this fact. Look at all the vitriol directed at a family getting $5 a day for food. I mean I don't care what they do or don't do with their lives. I don't see how starving people helps this nation. It is a no brainer to feed everyone. Especially if it costs us $5-$4 a day. That is nothing.
They are being fed. The argument that people should be able to live within a standard that others that have to pay their own way live under isn't an argument to allow people to starve.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:

I can't remember the last time I saw or read conservatives moralizing about all the money the military wastes and the military wastes a ton of money.

But programs that feed children, the elderly and the disabled, why that is prime outrage hate for conservatives every day.
I have a problem with what is happening here and I complain about military waste all the time.

Why create boogymen that you can argue against as opposed to debating an individuals opinion that can reply back?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The problem is that these people are consumed by hatred and they look for an outlet for that hate, instead of getting therapy. So, they attack gun reformers, 'liberals', the unemployed, the sick, the poor who can't fight back/have little political power, pick a target. And people like the Kochs and ALEC use that hatred to enrich themselves at the public's expense.

Look at all the postings and threads on City Data: all right-wing talking points. The parasites, the freeloaders, these are our neighbors they are talking about but they have no empathy, no morality, no sense of national unity. I don't know if Obama just didn't realize how many mentally ill people are out there, or if he is like Dole or other 'traditional' conservatives in that he didn't realize how nuts these people really are. THEY ARE SO NUTS THAT THEY VOTE AGAINST THEMSELVES.
I know. I just don't get it. I mean feeding people is a no brainer. I don't care if that person is the laziest person on the planet, feeding them is still a no brainer.

This nation doesn't benefit from letting people starve.

Yes, the anger directed at programs that help the poor from conservatives is what I find most disturbing about conservative ideology.

Even after being told hey the vast majority of food stamp recipients are children, the elderly and the disabled, they are still outraged at $4 dollars a day for food.

It is a very sick mentality.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought this might be the same one I heard this morning, but I guess not: it too was a family of 4,but the guy did say he worked: he was receiving min pay of $7 an hour. Of course no family of 4 can live of $7 an hour, so my advise, get a better job, put your spouse to work or get an education so you are more employable.

Like you, when I was pregnant the first time, I had a problem pregnancy, but I did have to quit work. We had only been married less than a year, had no savings and hubby was just out of college with a degree that wasn't know for top pay. We still made it somehow, never depending on family or anyone else for help. After our baby was born, to make ends meet I baby sat. We had a neighbor, who's husband was still in college. He worked part time as a sports coach for a small, private Catholic school and she took care of two kids, to make ends meet. We all made it, without any assistance of any kind. Sure, our party time consisted of a 6 pk of beer split 4 ways, grocery shopping for food that was on sale only, teaching the kids, very early in life, not all kids have the same things, so you might have friends with more toys than you have: get over it!!!!
Oh, haven't you heard? These days, the government would sweep in, shut down your baby sitting services, seize your house and assets, and put your own child into the foster system.

775 posts, read 1,259,131 times
Quote:
That's one person's opinion. It is my opinion that $5dollars per day per person might be tight.
Then you just dont know much about budgeting.

How does your mom like you still living in her basement?

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

You mean lazy people.

The poor children are being fed at the schools which have become more feeding stations than centers of education.

Most food stamp recipients have 2 legs and 2 arms and IQs over 70 and so obviously could work but are too lazy to work.

Millions of foreigners are here illegally and have no trouble finding jobs.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM

872 posts, read 827,682 times
Quote:
Well all human beings use emotion so that is sort of an irrelevant charge.
The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Are you Vulcan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies