Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,906,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I still don't know why you guys ever respond to hot hands or edward.
Good argument, tool.

The irony of course, is this is coming from the dude whose threads eat themselves before they ever had a chance

Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
NFL players bullying teammates this is becoming a very odd world we live in...
Believe me, this is nothing new. Extreme, yes.....but nothing new.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,403,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
"The Miami Herald has reported that Incognito made Martin shell out $15,000 to underwrite a junket to Las Vegas that Martin wasn’t included in. But the event that convinced Martin to walk away from the team was almost too junior-high-school in its stupid cruelty to be believed: A group of players invited Martin to join them at their lunch table in the cafeteria, and then got up and left the moment he sat down"
NFL = high school
This is being under reported IMHO. I think he already had developed some coping mechanism for Incognito's boorish behavior. What drove him over the edge was his fellow teammates doing this as well. Which to me is actually pretty cruel and far more psychologically damaging than being called a half n-word by one jerk. To have your brothers turn on you like that he must have felt lower than low.

It's a shame black folks can't be educated and come off polished without low class people harassing them.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So picking on a weak guy is the fault of the guy being picked on? Because he's awkward and doesn't have experience with standing up for himself? Wow...where'd you learn that from?

Your posting history already gave you away a long time ago.

This is a case where s big sissy like Incognito found an even weaker dude, and used him as a foil to make himself feel better.

When Incognito ran up on some "real brothers," (Richard Seymour and Antonio Smith), he backed down like the punk he really is. They exposed him. No wonder he's resorted to tossing racial slurs at the softest black dude he could find.
You realize your post is part of the problem? What is a real brother? So Martin wasn't up on the latest black slang is that cause for Incignito and the rest of the team to humiliate him? Only real black brothers deserve respect?

Everyone is focusing on Incignito but if he had allies in the team he would not have walked off. Face it other players, many of whom are Black probably also participated in this abuse.

An educated, well spoken Black man is not well received in most circles sadly.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Extortion is an extreme form of bullying.............
We don't know if Incognito overtly extorted him...Martin said he gave him the 15,000 out of fear of the consequences had he not participated in the getaway. That isn't extortion. Did he feel coerced? Obviously.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
First off Im not taking Incognitos side. I think the media blows things way out of proportion and Martin should have defended himself. These incidents should have been handled internally.

Once again he didn't complain about the harassment which occurred months ago. He got mad and stormed out of facility after his teammates got up after he say down to eat with them. There are 53 guys on the team nobody stood up for him. No Black players took up for him. Normally during incidents like this I've witnessed at least one dude will be like lay off the person being tormented. That didn't happen.

Let's be real the average NFL black player has more in common with Incognito than Martin. Martin probably came off odd to them too. So spare me the race solidarity crap, his black brothers stood by while the White guy made his life a living hell.
This doesn't have squat to to with racial solidarity. This has to do with your blatant inconsistencies here.

So just because the other blacks on the team didn't take a stand for Martin, that somehow justifies YOUR opinion that it must be Martin's fault because he didn't stand up for himself.

Strange, since in every other thread you have low regard for anything that blacks do, but in THIS case the tea leaves that should be held in some regard are the ones coming from Martin's fellow black players. Great.

And again, if these racial roles were reversed, there'd be no way that you'd be taking Incognito's side and we both know it.

All of a sudden, after all the Trayvon Martin crap, flash mobs, and everything else that fuels your anti African American tirades....you're pro-thuggery nowadays. What a coincidence that the thug is a white dude.

We're not all the same, and not everyone knows how to stand up for themselves. Some people are intrinsically soft and confrontation averse. It's hella sad that you can't see that.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
This doesn't have squat to to with racial solidarity. This has to do with your blatant inconsistencies here.

So just because the other blacks on the team didn't take a stand for Martin, that somehow justifies YOUR opinion that it must be Martin's fault because he didn't stand up for himself.

Strange, since in every other thread you have low regard for anything that blacks do, but in THIS case the tea leaves that should be held in some regard are the ones coming from Martin's fellow black players. Great.

And again, if these racial roles were reversed, there'd be no way that you'd be taking Incognito's side and we both know it.

All of a sudden, after all the Trayvon Martin crap, flash mobs, and everything else that fuels your anti African American tirades....you're pro-thuggery nowadays. What a coincidence that the thug is a white dude.

We're not all the same, and not everyone knows how to stand up for themselves. Some people are intrinsically soft and confrontation averse. It's hella sad that you can't see that.
Pro thuggery lol you're funny.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Extortion is an extreme form of bullying.............
You actually had to explain something as obvious as that. SMH...astounding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
We don't know if Incognito overtly extorted him...Martin said he gave him the 15,000 out of fear of the consequences had he not participated in the getaway. That isn't extortion. Did he feel coerced? Obviously.
LMAO...Wow.

Ok...just..never mind.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I never suggested that he should be blackballed from anything. I don't care what happens to him. I'm just saying that it's a tad hypocritical to be against thuggery....until now. And clearly, that's what this is.

That the NFL is full of knuckleheads is already established. And still, those cases are different from THIS case because we're talking about tormenting and extortion of your own goddamn teammate? Where is the known precedent for that? By a guy that is elected to the Leadership of his own team?

Some serious punishment is in order here. I don't believe in blackballing, but it's gotta be incredibly punitive.
I appreciate professional athletes...they are regular dudes who are fated into a lot of money. That being said....I think Incognito is pure white trash...but he should be given a pass like everybody else.

Everybody in this thread being pretentious about "bullying" should recognize hazing has gone on forever...in all sports. It is ceremonious and dudes usually develop bonds from it....like going to war together.

ESPN.com - OTL: Sports hazing incidents

Unfortunately, it comes with the territory...should Incognito get taken to the woodshed? Yes. Should he be colluded against and exiled? Absolutely not.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Pro thuggery lol you're funny.
That's all you've got?

Ok..cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.