Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bro...I'm against blackballing. I can't put it any more plainly than that.

But this is different. They were clearly trying to single this guy out and break his spirit.

Look, I played football, baseball, track, and jazz band through the high school level. I did a stint in the Airborne Infantry. I know what it is to be in a boys club. And every time, there was always ONE GUY that wasn't like the rest of us. He's goofy, sheltered, awkward, doesn't know how to talk to girls. He's not hip or fly. He doesn't like the same things the rest of us like. He's fragile and easy to wound.

But he's your teammate! You're not supposed to lose sight of that even if you're gonna have the guy from time to time. You're not supposed to make his life unbearable just because you can or because you know he won't stand up for himself. That's some bullsh*t...That's bullying for the hell of it just to make you feel better about yourself and someone should put a stop to it.

Despite what you're saying here, this isn't about the wussification of the country. This is simply a case of picking on someone that you know won't fight back. And I can never side with some sh*t like that whether it's football or anything else.
I agree that it is the fundamental issue...and straight up, f**k Richie Incognito. I've seen his prototype too many times to remember. But...what SHOULD be an isolated incident is now going to grow into a social engineering snowball...

Old 11-05-2013, 09:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks are really buying into the media spin with this extortion nonsense. What would happen if he didn't pay? His kneecaps would be busted, his store blown up what exactly?
Again...justifying thuggery all of a sudden.
Quote:
Why waste type addressing idiocy? Ain't nobody got time for that.
Idiocy is the very definition of this thread's premise...And you had PLENTY of time for it when you opened it. That was the time when you should've shown more sagacity...you've been exposed for what you really are now so it's too late to be reserved at this point. Stick to your lame ass justification for Incognito's behavior.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Coercion, extortion........same tree, different leaves.
I'd say more like....lemons and oranges

Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I agree that it is the fundamental issue...and straight up, f**k Richie Incognito. I've seen his prototype too many times to remember. But...what SHOULD be an isolated incident is now going to grow into a social engineering snowball...
No, no, no...And I'm not for extrapolating anything more from this episode that's anything larger than THIS incident right here. I'm not about starting a crusade.

I just can't stand a mother#!$&"r that picks on naturally weak people.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Too late Martin will be made the poster child of bullying. Maybe he'll decline being a media darling. Where is Jason Collins these days btw?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM

I don't know if Martin is necessarily gay, although I wouldn't be surprised. He could just be a gentle giant.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Incognito is a jerk, but Martin is a sissy. He screamed and slammed a tray because nobody wanted to sit with him.. Wahhh wahhhh!
Yeah, because this is what the situation is all about

Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, no, no...And I'm not for extrapolating anything more from this episode that's anything larger than THIS incident right here. I'm not about starting a crusade.

I just can't stand a mother#!$&"r that picks on naturally weak people.

I don't like it either. Having said that it does help for one to be able to know how to defend themselves if absolutely necessary. At any rate, those who tend to pick on others tend to have self-esteem and other issues themselves.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yeah, because this is what the situation is all about
Well that's what set all of these events in motion. We would never know about the vicious calls or harassment if he didn't run out of the room after his teammates abandoned him.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:06 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Well that's what set all of these events in motion. We would never know about the vicious calls or harassment if he didn't run out of the room after his teammates abandoned him.
No, what set these events in motion was Incognito's criminal harassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies