Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:10 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

The OP analogy of equating a nuke to an AR is as dumb as saying if you can have hydrocodeone for a tooth ache then I should be able to have a warehouse full of Heroine. Its just a stupid analogy and should be dismissed as soon as its said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:12 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
It was.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many times has it been proven that this is NOT the case?

I guess we could extrapolate that to ~ all it takes is one quick-witted and smooth talking school secretary.
Quote:
Cite?

Why do most shootings take place in gun free zones?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ares-live.html

You have a good point. I noticed a long time ago, there are a lot of people going crazy and killing people in airport terminals with their car and cell phones.
The point is punishing the masses for the actions of the few makes as much sense as punishing all cellphone owners because some can't stop texting and cause fatalities.
But hey feel free to because that is exactly where society is headed.
I am a shooter, but don't own an assault rifle and never will. I simply don't get the big deal about them. Maybe it's because I was in too many firefights and fired more than my share of rounds. That said I won't stop you from having one because some idiot on the west coast misused his.
By the way Cell phones can and are used to trigger IED's. It might not have happened here yet, but it will. It is only a matter time. Maybe we should ban Cell Phones before that happens?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Only about 780 more AR15 killings and you will be rivaling what blunt objects have done....

Sorry, but the AR15 has nothing to do with someone killing another....

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point is punishing the masses for the actions of the few makes as much sense as punishing all cellphone owners because some can't stop texting and cause fatalities.
But hey feel free to because that is exactly where society is headed.
I am a shooter, but don't own an assault rifle and never will. I simply don't get the big deal about them. Maybe it's because I was in too many firefights and fired more than my share of rounds. That said I won't stop you from having one because some idiot on the west coast misused his.
By the way Cell phones can and are used to trigger IED's. It might not have happened here yet, but it will. It is only a matter time. Maybe we should ban Cell Phones before that happens?
DOUBLE BAN TIME. (LOL)

Cell Phone Gun - YouTube

Old 11-03-2013, 08:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
DOUBLE BAN TIME. (LOL)

Cell Phone Gun - YouTube
Damn that is cool.
Worthless but cool.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:27 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I guess we could extrapolate that to ~ all it takes is one quick-witted and smooth talking school secretary.
Ringo, if some nut case walks into your home with a gun do you want someone standing there with a gun to defend you or some fast talking secretary?

While that woman committed an incredibly brave and commendable act she was also a very lucky person. For we all know every adult killed at Sandy Hook tried the same approach but we'll never know that becsue they are all dead.

Last edited by thecoalman; 11-03-2013 at 12:35 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 12:50 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Weren't all those crazy Occupiers worried about NWO and fiat currency conspiracies and the "pigs"?

Nah, he was probably just a disgruntled redneck who lost the title to his monster truck in a tractor pulling contest.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
The Founders were not interested in the actual mechanics of a gun when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. They were interested in fending off, or defeating, tyranny by our own government. The type of gun is wholly and completely irrelevant to the Founder's intent in the 2nd Amendment.

But, of course, i'd never expect a limp-wristed liberal like the OP and his yellow-bellied colleagues on this forum and beyond to understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies