Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Although Obama is not a Progressive and NEVER claimed to be and the reason that I supported a true Progressive during the 2008 primary (Kunicich) I have seen his intentions were to be fair to the middle class, poor and working poor. The GOP/Tea Party planned obstruction and premeditated sabotage of his Presidency has thwarted and quashed many things that he attempted to do to further create jobs, grow the economy and level the playng field. He inherited a disaster and no one on the right has ever had the decency or integrity to admit it and he has compromised way too often with people that have hindered the President's intent without a thought to how it would affect the average American. He believes in equal rights and that growing the economy and increasing the middle class starts from the bottom up and has stated so whenever discussing the economy...and he's right!

He has taken obnoxious insults and insinuations from birthers, bigotted and racist accusations form bigots and racists and still remains above it all.

Which President has ever not had to not change course on issues during their Presidency due to the machinations of Washington politics, advisors and whatever the current political climate? I don't consider this lying. Progressives have been disappointed in many things that Obama has caved on to appease the right side of the aisle, but again...he never claimed to be a Progressive, so I understand his mostly Centrist and pragmatic decsions, I don't like them, but I get it.

IMO, Obama is a gentlemen with his values and moral compass in the right place. He is aware that because of this heritage, he has been the target of accusations, insinuations, insults and disrespect that no other POTUS in history has ever been the target of and he has handles this onslaught with grace and dignity, which most likely has his attackers seething. I have often thought that when he leaves office, he will take a very long shower to wash the stench of Washington and the radical right off of him and breath a sigh of relief that he came thru the gauntlet they built for him unscathed. History will be very kind to President Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 10:26 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Never ~ during Bush's tenure in office - did I hear him criticized by his supporters for his raiding of the treasury department. Never.

NOW that he is gone; I do very occasionally hear the lackluster voicing of displeasure. Even THAT is rare.
They didn't care. They cared so little that they came out and voted for him again the second time around. They didn't care when Reagan was blowing up the debt either.

It's funny how they refer to "Obama's" 17 trillion debt, as if Reagan and Bush, two of the most destructive, fiscally irresponsible people to ever disgrace the office, had nothing to do with driving the country into the economic ditch.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
They didn't care. They cared so little that they came out and voted for him again the second time around. They didn't care when Reagan was blowing up the debt either.

It's funny how they refer to "Obama's" 17 trillion debt, as if Reagan and Bush, two of the most destructive, fiscally irresponsible people to ever disgrace the office, had nothing to do with driving the country into the economic ditch.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:31 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
They're called "useful idiots".

They keep getting promised Utopia, which never comes, but that carrot is always left dangling.

Bleating Sheep - YouTube

Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 AM

34 posts, read 59,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Out of control spending. One issue both parties can agree on!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

IMO, Obama is a gentlemen with his values and moral compass in the right place. He is aware that because of this heritage, he has been the target of
Here it is again, and again, and again.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
There's so much stupid in that last post, I don't know where to begin.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like a conservative circle jerk in here.

Let me state for the record, Ed, that you and only you introduced race into this conversation. Why?

He said while avoiding the OP.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:52 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
The failure and being taken for fools.

They can't admit it to themselves I figure the answer is in part.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
There's so much stupid in that last post, I don't know where to begin.
Hey ptech, what logical fallacy is this argument? I'm thinking incredulity maybe? Actually no, this looks like argumentum ad hominem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies