U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM

6,131 posts, read 6,804,118 times

Advertisements

Democrat calls for law to require all doctors to treat Medicaid & Medicare patients...

You would think that when your political party is burying a hole that is getting harder and harder to get out of, you wouldn't want to that hole get deeper faster. Kathleen Murphy, Democrat running for the Virginia House of Delegates, believes it should law to force doctors to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients. Forced by government decree, mind you.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM

44,256 posts, read 57,075,422 times
Slavery.

Good.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM

48,508 posts, read 88,808,984 times
More liberal non-sense caused by their so called wealth sharing since the mid 60's that is destroying the middle class. Elite and everyone else at bottom is their aim.Notice they want no part of their own healthcare plan.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 AM

31,427 posts, read 70,167,239 times
Read what the candidate ACTUALLY says... then tell us what you disagree with.
Be sure to quote the source though. OK?

Terry’s Platform for Putting Virginia First: Healthcare | Terry McAuliffe for Governor

Old 11-03-2013, 10:58 AM

285 posts, read 319,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Read what the candidate ACTUALLY says... then tell us what you disagree with.
Be sure to quote the source though. OK?

Terry’s Platform for Putting Virginia First: Healthcare | Terry McAuliffe for Governor
OK, I read (skimmed would be a better term) Terry's platform piece, and while there's much not to like, I grant I saw no direct statement that would force doctors to participate or else. That could be the last straw for many. No, if that's the intent it will simply be quietly integrated piece by liberty eroding piece.

What might this mean?

"Integrate the system.
As a Commonwealth, we must do all we can to ensure coordination of high-quality care. By giving guidance and incentives for providers to coordinate all health professionals and para-professionals into more integrated systems of care, where appropriate, we can improve outcomes for patients and lower costs."

And I'm sure this is not the only statement made. Agree, a source would be nice.

Last edited by mastequila; 11-03-2013 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: clarify

Old 11-03-2013, 11:38 AM

11,694 posts, read 8,497,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastequila View Post
OK, I read (skimmed would be a better term) Terry's platform piece, and while there's much not to like, I grant I saw no direct statement that would force doctors to participate or else. That could be the last straw for many. No, if that's the intent it will simply be quietly integrated piece by liberty eroding piece.

What might this mean?

"Integrate the system.
As a Commonwealth, we must do all we can to ensure coordination of high-quality care. By giving guidance and incentives for providers to coordinate all health professionals and para-professionals into more integrated systems of care, where appropriate, we can improve outcomes for patients and lower costs."

And I'm sure this is not the only statement made. Agree, a source would be nice.
Sounds like doublespeak for single payer, government controlled healthcare in my humble opinion.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 AM

285 posts, read 319,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sounds like doublespeak for single payer, government controlled healthcare in my humble opinion.
+! (and could mean, in lawyer jargon, forced integration)

Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 PM

10,954 posts, read 12,367,915 times
If you're a doctor you have a license from the state that enables you to make more money than people in almost any other occupation. For a doctor to refuse Medicare or Medicaid patients is just immoral.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 PM

5,548 posts, read 7,242,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If you're a doctor you have a license from the state that enables you to make more money than people in almost any other occupation. For a doctor to refuse Medicare or Medicaid patients is just immoral.
Disagree

If a doctor saw someone lying on the ground and refused to attempt to save the person's life, that would be immoral.

If the doctor had his/her medical school paid for by the government and had no medical school debts and refused to treat medicare/medicaid patients, then I can see a case being made for it being immoral.

If the doctor was a government employee and refused to treat medicaid/medicare, I can see that being immoral.

If doctor is in private practice, it is not immoral to say I will treat ___% medicare, ____% medicaid, ___% insurance or ___% full pay patients. Plus whatever probono work they may do.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM

3,143 posts, read 6,223,847 times
"Integrate the system.

> Sounds like doublespeak for single payer, government controlled healthcare in my humble opinion.

Gotta disagree with that, unless by definition any vague statement by a Democrat on health care must mean they are advocating single-payer.

Campaign documents are INTENDED to be vague but to sound good. To be honest this says very little. If I WANTED a health-care activist Democrat I would be pretty unhappy with that statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.