U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-17-2013, 02:23 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,256 posts, read 21,335,305 times
Reputation: 19593

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You cannot 'convert' to Judaism, unless you figure out a way to infuse the dna of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose descendants are explicitly defined in the bible as the chosen people of God. This was true until the birth of Jesus Christ, who brings all who accept Him as Lord and Savior into the chosen family of God.
Judaism is a religion and not a "race" or "ethnicity".
Rate this post positively

 
Old 12-17-2013, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,866 posts, read 4,675,867 times
Reputation: 4197
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You cannot 'convert' to Judaism, unless you figure out a way to infuse the dna of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose descendants are explicitly defined in the bible as the chosen people of God. This was true until the birth of Jesus Christ, who brings all who accept Him as Lord and Savior into the chosen family of God.


I was almost a convert to Judaism so it is possible. Lots of people have converted.
Conversion to Judaism Resource Center


Judaism is a religion and some claim it is an ethnicity as well. However one of gentile background can convert to Judaism without any family heritage attaching them. Judaism is a BEAUTIFUL and scholarly religion.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,545,164 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

I was almost a convert to Judaism so it is possible. Lots of people have converted.
Conversion to Judaism Resource Center


Judaism is a religion and some claim it is an ethnicity as well. However one of gentile background can convert to Judaism without any family heritage attaching them. Judaism is a BEAUTIFUL and scholarly religion.
Yes, Judaism is a religion, no doubt about that. However, it pertains to the Mosaic laws presented to the Jews, as they alone were the Chosen of God. If you want to adopt a religion that is designed for someone else, that's your prerogative, but it doesn't make you Jewish.

The Jews were specifically the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If that doesn't seem quite fair to you, you can take solace in the fact that the Jewish Messiah Jesus Christ has opened to doors to all, Jew and non-Jew, to enter into His family. In fact, just being Jewish doesn't make you a member of that esteemed group anymore, but only by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life can that be accomplished, as the learned Jewish apostles as well as the converted Jew, Paul, ascribe to.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-18-2013, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,866 posts, read 4,675,867 times
Reputation: 4197
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Yes, Judaism is a religion, no doubt about that. However, it pertains to the Mosaic laws presented to the Jews, as they alone were the Chosen of God. If you want to adopt a religion that is designed for someone else, that's your prerogative, but it doesn't make you Jewish.

The Jews were specifically the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. If that doesn't seem quite fair to you, you can take solace in the fact that the Jewish Messiah Jesus Christ has opened to doors to all, Jew and non-Jew, to enter into His family. In fact, just being Jewish doesn't make you a member of that esteemed group anymore, but only by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life can that be accomplished, as the learned Jewish apostles as well as the converted Jew, Paul, ascribe to.
While Judaism is different than convert driven religions like Islam and Christianity it is still a religion. One can convert and indeed many have.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-18-2013, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Florida
73,512 posts, read 42,223,541 times
Reputation: 13604
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Many people do not know that the place where Joshua crossed first the Jordan river into Canaan (the West Bank), is where many Jews have lived for centuries, even if they are Muslim, and that most of the Israelis who are stealing their land are non-Jews. If it is 'illegal' to do so, why does America continue to send billions a year in 'welfare' checks to Israel?

"Israel has announced plans to build 1,500 new settlement homes in East Jerusalem, the part of the city occupied by Israel in 1967 but claimed by Palestinians, just hours after it freed 26 Palestinian prisoners as part of a deal to restart peace talks.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
Israel to build 1,500 new settlement homes in East Jerusalem | Al Jazeera America
If they build too many, we'll have to put Jeb Bush in WH and he will force them to bulldoze the settlements, just like his brother "W" did.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,545,164 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
While Judaism is different than convert driven religions like Islam and Christianity it is still a religion. One can convert and indeed many have.
Exactly what is 'convert-driven'? Do you mean forced conversion? Who do you know has been forced to 'convert' to Christianity recently?

Judaism and Islam are alike in a very important way - they both deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Today you don't see Jews faith killing Christians the way that Muslims are doing, but this was certainly not the case in early Christianity, where Christians (Jews and non-Jews) were targeted by members of the Jewish faith, as well as the Romans.

Judaism comprises the Mosaic laws passed down from God, to Moses, to the Jewish people, who are the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yes, you can convert to Judaism, but you would be converting to a set of laws specifically designed for the Jewish people. Converting to Judaism does not make you Jewish, and would not have brought you into the covenant that God originally made with the Jewish people.

Mosaic laws were numerous and harsh, for example, you could be stoned for adultery or for working on the Sabbath day. Jesus addressed these 2 laws specifically in His teachings.

Islam has a lot in common with Mosaic law, such as the stonings, because Muhammad borrowed much of his religion from Judaism. He called Christians and Jews evil, based on the 'revelations' he received from the 'angel of light'.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-21-2013, 04:31 PM
 
1,179 posts, read 1,472,174 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Judaism is more than a religion, its a family.

Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » Judaism is More Than a Religion
Then the Muslim Jew is the crazy uncle in prison.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-31-2013, 11:27 AM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,545,164 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Then the Muslim Jew is the crazy uncle in prison.
Arabs are cousins to the Jewish people. Many Muslims in the West Bank, where Joshua first crossed over into Canaan, are more 'Jewish' than their Israeli counterparts. Also two of the tribes of Jacob remained on the eastern side of the Jordan river, modern day Jordan. Arabs were decidedly miffed that God chose the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to be His 'chosen' race, instead of via Ishmael or Esau, especially since the Jews kept rebelling against God, and were punished by being captured by Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans and others. But God always forgave the Jews, and Arabs feared their God who helped them to defeat the much stronger Arab armies.

Jesus Christ came in effect to even the playing field. No longer were you the 'chosen of God' by your bloodline. Now this aspect miffs some Jews who want to retain that exclusive membership. At the same time it offers to the Arabs that position that they always desired.

However, the enemy wants nothing more than to stop mankind from embracing Jesus, and interweaves truth with deception in order to prevent men from seeing the Truth of Christ and thereby gaining reconcilliation to God the Father. In this respect Muslims and Jews share a common blindness, but it is easily resolved if pride is pushed aside in favor of faith in the Son of God.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:34 PM
 
6,132 posts, read 6,945,968 times
Reputation: 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Jesus Christ came in effect to even the playing field. No longer were you the 'chosen of God' by your bloodline.
If you say so, there is nothing else to add, beside:



Jesus Christ Superstar - Superstar - YouTube


Do you think you're what they say you are???
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,545,164 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
If you say so, there is nothing else to add, beside:



Jesus Christ Superstar - Superstar - YouTube


Do you think you're what they say you are???
There's a LOT more to add... unfortunately this post does nothing in that regard.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top