Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not having either one of those demands makes a policy JUNK..

Most policies had MILLIONS of dollars in limits, something people dont normally come close to, and pre-existing conditions relates to OBTAINING policies, not keeping them..

You failed on both items, especially since Obama said YOU CAN KEEP YOUR POLICIES, which means that he agreed people with junk policies should be able to keep them.

Nonsense. Stop Gap Insurance was a large industry, with huge deductables, and low limits on what they would pay out. You could easily buy a policy for $150 per month, and in most cases, the profit they made off it was enormous, which meant next to nothing paid out.

You would have been better off saving the $150 to put towards medical bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
He lied over and over and over again.

Right, he thought those who could only pay premiums for "so much" insurance would be happier if they had to pay MORE for a "better" plan under Obamacare that they still can't afford.
Plus he said premiums would drop 3,000%, and left wing kooks applauded him for saying crap that dumb.

Increasing policy costs, isnt the same as dropping them 3,000%, or even the $2500 drop he promised.

HE LIED.. or he didnt know, which makes him completely incompetent and the whole argument about why it was great a lie..

So if these liberal kooks want to argue he didnt lie, fine, I'll go with it, that makes him one of the dumbest jackasses on the planet (since most of us knew what he was saying was IMPOSSIBLE to be true).. Makes me wonder why liberals support jackasses..

Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
He lied over and over and over again.

Right, he thought those who could only pay premiums for "so much" insurance would be happier if they had to pay MORE for a "better" plan under Obamacare that they still can't afford.
Good point. If people could not afford more insurance what makes Obama and dems think they could afford to pay higher premiums and deductibles.

Alot of people are not going to be able to afford the higher plans and premiums mandated under Obama.

Not rich enough to afford it and not poor enough to become a leech.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Nonsense. Stop Gap Insurance was a large industry, with huge deductables, and low limits on what they would pay out. You could easily buy a policy for $150 per month, and in most cases, the profit they made off it was enormous, which meant next to nothing paid out.

The new policies have huge deductibles, at a higher cost, are you not following along with the discussion?

According to your argument, we should burn down peoples houses every once in awhile because in most cases, its never needed.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
The new policies have huge deductibles, at a higher cost, are you not following along with the discussion?
Not the good policies. There are 4 levels, and the articles showing huge deductables are conveniently showing just the highest ones. The 90/10 plans have low deductables.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Not the good policies. There are 4 levels, and the articles showing huge deductables are conveniently showing just the highest ones. The 90/10 plans have low deductables.
haha, so the "good" obamacare policies are good, the other ones are junk. So one can have higher premiums, and get junk policies through obamacare according to you..

Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
yeah, there were a HANDFUL of junk policies, but dont pretend the MILLIONS of people losign their coverage had junk policies. Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my entire life.
Not a HANDFUL. Wake up.

Quote:
Even outside of bankruptcy, about 56 million adults—more than 20 percent of the population between the ages of 19 and 64—will still struggle with health-care-related bills this year, according to NerdWallet Health.

And if you think only Americans without health insurance face financial troubles, think again. NerdWallet estimates nearly 10 million adults with year-round health-insurance coverage will still accumulate medical bills that they can't pay off this year.
High-deductible insurance plans requiring consumers to pay more out-of-pocket costs are a challenge for many households.
Medical Bills Are the Biggest Cause of US Bankruptcies: Study

Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Hey since you think Obama and his mess is so great send me a check to cover the difference.

My current policy:
Monthly Payments: $478.25
Deductible: $2500 deduct
Out of pocket max: $2000
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10
Quote:

Since I will not be able to keep my policy and when I am forced to buy another policy if I stay with Highmark my options are below. Note: I do not qualify for a subsidy.

Obamacare Compliant Policy Options:

Monthly Payment: $672.00
Deductible: $2000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $9000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20

Monthly Payment: $784.65
Deductible: $5000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10

Monthly Payment: $770.59
Deductible: $6400
Out of Pocket Maximum: $12,7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20

Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
haha, so the "good" obamacare policies are good, the other ones are junk. So one can have higher premiums, and get junk policies through obamacare according to you..
Just like at work. We offer 70/30, 80/20, 90/10. Like anyone else sane, I choose and pay more for 90/10. ($1k out of pocket max, $250 deductable, and it costs me $70/month).

I'll leave the bottom-feeding to others.

PS, Per A/C/A, unlike the past, 2014 forward, all the stuff you pay (deductables, co-pays MUST count towards the out of pocket max. By LAW.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM

423 posts, read 414,941 times
Quote:

Uhhh....have you taken a close look at these ACA policies?

Unless you're not making enough money to keep a bird alive, the deductibles on these policies are extremely sizable, with pretty high premiums.

Which means....that unless you end up being an inpatient at your local hospital during any calendar year, the likelyhood that your insurance will be paying out so much as a dime, is fairly remote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies