Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM

27,664 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Why are these policies being cancelled?

When more Americans ask themselves that then more clarity will come. There are reasons these policies are being cancelled. Their coverages are weak.
if you like your plan you can keep it. give it up already geeezz.. then he's on tv the other day saying its the insurance co. fault
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
He lied. The fact that the plans sucked is rather immaterial. The fact of the matter is that he lied, repeatedly.

It was a stupid lie, too. He should've just been blunt from the beginning.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:53 PM

2,506 posts, read 3,408,581 times
The real 'deal'--or to put it more accurately, fraud--is Obama and his team knew ACA would force millions of Americans out of their existing insurance plans. He lied *repeatedly* when he stated "if you like your plan, you can keep it." Then when the inevitable happened, Obama shifted the blame to the "evil" insurance companies with their "sub-standard, bad apple" plans that he claimed did not provide adequate coverage. Deliberate, calculated disorder on his part.

If Obamacare is truly a better system and so well developed to be effective and affordable for the majority of Americans, then it would not need to be forced on people as a mandatory program. They would be able to choose it of their own free will. Freedom for an individual to choose what is best for him/herself is a concept that seems to be lost on many liberals today, despite their claims of being tolerant of differing opinions.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:55 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
Quote:

When more Americans ask themselves that then more clarity will come. There are reasons these policies are being cancelled. Their coverages are weak.
You are parroting your master's talking points. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Come back when you've actually learned something factual.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 PM

423 posts, read 415,114 times
Quote:
So basically once the public gets clear on why these policies have been cancelled this will become less of a problem for Obama compared to what we saw this past week.
Yeah...maybe it was that the insurance companies had a problem with charging male customers for maternity care.

Obrothacare sure doesn't.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM

423 posts, read 415,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You are parroting your master's talking points. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Come back when you've actually learned something factual.

...well that's the last we'll be seeing of him.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
My premiums went up, my deductible went up, I don't need pregnancy or mental health coverage... Now I am paying more for LESS... even though I am paying more, my deductible is twice as much...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Default You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor

Quote:
So basically once the public gets clear on why these policies have been cancelled this will become less of a problem for Obama compared to what we saw this past week.
Sorry dude, I think you are out of your mind. Stories like this are just starting to hit - from the WSJ...A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com

"My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31."

"What happened to the president's promise, "You can keep your health plan"? Or to the promise that "You can keep your doctor"? Thanks to the law, I have been forced to give up a world-class health plan. The exchange would force me to give up a world-class physician."

Old 11-03-2013, 07:19 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,372,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You are parroting your master's talking points.
No. I acknowledge that Obama and his people didn't fully elaborate. He told the truth partially that people will be able to keep their policies assuming they met certain standards. He should have explained things better. I think Obama tried to simplyfy things too much with his messaging on this.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:25 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
No. I acknowledge that Obama and his people didn't fully elaborate. He told the truth partially that people will be able to keep their policies assuming they met certain standards. He should have explained things better. I think Obama tried to simplyfy things too much with his messaging on this.
That's an awfully long-winded way of saying "he lied."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies