Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest;32089934[B
129 MILLION may lose insurance coverage due to Obamacare[/b]
Why hold back, why not just say everyone will lose their healthcare and everyone will die..and it will be all Obamas fault....

http://metsmerizedonline.com/wp-cont...is-Falling.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 AM

904 posts, read 687,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why hold back, why not just say everyone will lose their healthcare and everyone will die..and it will be all Obamas fault....

Actually you are not far off.. the financial destruction of this nation, bolstered by the ACA will continue to destroy the economy of the USA, leading to all out civil war, disease, and eventual mass die off of civilization.

China and Russia are waiting for the weakening, and then will take over.

O'bama has removed over 200 top Generals from the armed forces, in order to allow this decay of defense to allow a takeover.

It may take 10 to 20 yrs. to happen. But it will happen.

Thanks O'bama.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Because only left wingers would say something so ridiculously stupid, that you just said.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,606,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Why is it ridiculous? Now follow along... it isn't hard...

You have just passed a law requiring me to purchase a product (Pizza=insurance) from a specific company (Pizza Hut/Pappa John's = BCBS/United). I used to order pepperoni (my old policy) only but now you tell me I must order Supreme (ACA compliant.) I used to pay 20.00 for my pizza (premium). Now I must pay 40.00 for that pizza (new premium). That new pizza is better for me.. more healthy... it has mushrooms (maternity care). I can't eat mushroom's (no need for maternity). If I don't buy this pizza I must now pay a penalty. I also must now pay for your pizza (insurance). Whether you could have afforded it and just weren't buying it or whether you couldn't afford it.. I have no clue. But for the biggest part of the pizza eaters... their cost is now 40.00 dollars (premium) as well. But... they get help from the government (me the taxpayer). They are going to pay 20.00 for their pizza...and the government is going to send 20.00 to pizza hut (BCBS/United) for the other 20.00 for that pizza (insurance). So now... thanks to you... I'm paying 60.00 for a pizza I can't eat.

Guess what.... when that pizza gets up to 80.00 for me.... I'm paying the penalty.. Because I'm not going to eat something that makes me sick....
Well, the country, not me, passed a law requiring all of us to purchase a supreme pizza from Pizza Hut for $40, that will save countless lives from suffering and death yet you whine about having to eat mushrooms. So I'm happy to buy and enjoy the supreme pizza with mushrooms and initially I got irritated hearing you whine about having to eat mushrooms but now I'm enjoying watching you choke down the mushrooms. I'm not so happy about paying the $40 for ACA-compliant pizza either but instead of whining about it, I'll support efforts by people to work on a new UHC-compliant pizza that saves even more lives and brings the cost down to $20. I'm just happy lives will be saved no matter how many crocodile tears you shed eating your supreme pizza and moaning over the mushrooms that you fear will cost $80 instead of doing something to bring down pizza costs for everyone while maintaining taste, which is what everyone in the first world countries does.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:29 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
Well, the country, not me, passed a law requiring all of us to purchase...
The country? No. More Americans have ALWAYS been opposed to Obamacare than for it:
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Obamacare passed with not a single R voting for it. This is the Democrats' albatross, all the way. And even the National Journal knows that because of that, the Dems are screwed:
Quote:
"Dem Party is F****d." That was the subject line of an email sent to me Sunday by a senior Democratic consultant with strong ties to the White House and Capitol Hill.
Obama Takes Friendly Fire - NationalJournal.com

From lefty National Journal, no less...

Old 11-05-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The country? No. More Americans have ALWAYS been opposed to Obamacare than for it:
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Obamacare passed with not a single R voting for it. This is the Democrats' albatross, all the way. And even the National Journal knows that because of that, the Dems are screwed:Obama Takes Friendly Fire - NationalJournal.com

From lefty National Journal, no less...
The fact is more people voted for the president who said he'll implement ACA than for the candidate who said he'll strike it down. The law is the law and you can't have unpasteurized milk no matter how much you cry about it. You have to have mushrooms on your pizza. Now have your supreme pizza with pasteurized milk and enjoy it like the rest of us who don't mind doing our part to improve healthcare in this country. Don't like supreme pizza? Your spoiled brat strategy of holding the country hostage failed bigtime, so do it the time-honored way, vote your R's in to get your old crusty pizzas back.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
The fact is more people voted for the president who said he'll implement ACA than for the candidate who said he'll strike it down.
And they're getting exactly what they deserve. The young and healthy have to subsidize the old and ill, regardless of the fact that they have student loan debt, and middle class families now have $12,000+ annual deductibles. Of course, they are too late in realizing what a disaster Obamacare is, but too bad... they're getting EXACTLY what they deserve. Stupid is as stupid does.

Meanwhile, MORE Americans have ALWAYS been OPPOSED to Obamacare than for it. Proven fact.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And they're getting exactly what they deserve. The young and healthy have to subsidize the old and ill, regardless of the fact that they have student loan debt, and middle class families now have $12,000+ annual deductibles. Of course, they are too late in realizing what a disaster Obamacare is, but too bad... they're getting EXACTLY what they deserve. Stupid is as stupid does.

Meanwhile, MORE Americans have ALWAYS been OPPOSED to Obamacare than for it. Proven fact.
Stupid are the people with no alternatives to ACA and all hate. So what how many are opposed to Obamacare. It's the law, and helps people no matter what you say. Young and healthy do pay for those in need, that's the exact definition of insurance, it's stupid not to realize that. Better to have high deductibles than no insurance. It's stupid not to realize that.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Duke Healthcare Expert: 68 May Lose Insurance Under Obamacare

Sixty-Eight percent of privately-insured Americans may not be able to keep their current health coverage once Obamacare is fully implemented, despite the president's repeated promises that anyone who wanted to keep their plan would be able to do so, according to a Duke University health expert.
To quote Jon Stewart: "Those who were uninsured before the ACA where told by Republicans that if you like not having a doctor, you can keep not having a doctor."

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
To quote Jon Stewart: "Those who were uninsured before the ACA where told by Republicans that if you like not having a doctor, you can keep not having a doctor."
Weird, I dont have insurance, but have a doctor.. I'd say you're wrong, again..

Dont you ever get tired of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies