Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

I'm watching O'Reilly talking over Mary Katherine Ham and Juan Williams about Obamacare. They are arguing over something Dianne Feinstein said which O'Reilly interprets as confusion about the law.

This is what I understand to be true: Obamacare, the law the Democrats like Feinstein voted for and no Republicans voted for, and that the president signed, said one thing about people keeping their insurance if they wanted to keep it but regulations written (by HHS) after the law was signed is why people are getting thrown off their plans, now. The regulations are what added the detail that everyone is up in arms over right now. Am I correct? Because O'Reilly and any other opinion jockey fails to mention these subsequent regulations written by bureaucrats, not passed by law makers, and now I'm wondering if the whole "regulations" thing was something I imagined. If I'm right, that's why Feinstein is confused. It's not the law she voted on.

Somebody set me straight.

I don't like Obamacare for a zillion reasons but the media isn't helping if it doesn't distinguish between the law passed and the regulations subsequently written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Herd mentality? Why is it all you far right types think liberals idolize Obama or think he is their supreme leader...... Why not just argue with the facts instead of name calling or generalizing millions of ppl......

Talk about herd mentality.......
Exactly that. You automatically assume that because I don't fawn over Obama that I'm far right and you couldn't be more wrong. I just don't care for him and I don't like the ACA.

You mean "far right types" isn't generalizing millions? OK!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, exactly. 100% of insureds will likely lose their coverage. Nobody will be covered. Therefore, millions will die as a result of no care. And the federal deficit will drop dramatically because we won't have to take care of these sick people anymore. I bet the President knew this and it was part of his debt-reduction program.
Not 100%, 68%. Didn't you read the OP?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm watching O'Reilly talking over Mary Katherine Ham and Juan Williams about Obamacare. They are arguing over something Dianne Feinstein said which O'Reilly interprets as confusion about the law.

This is what I understand to be true: Obamacare, the law the Democrats like Feinstein voted for and no Republicans voted for, and that the president signed, said one thing about people keeping their insurance if they wanted to keep it but regulations written (by HHS) after the law was signed is why people are getting thrown off their plans, now. The regulations are what added the detail that everyone is up in arms over right now. Am I correct? Because O'Reilly and any other opinion jockey fails to mention these subsequent regulations written by bureaucrats, not passed by law makers, and now I'm wondering if the whole "regulations" thing was something I imagined. If I'm right, that's why Feinstein is confused. It's not the law she voted on.

Somebody set me straight.

I don't like Obamacare for a zillion reasons but the media isn't helping if it doesn't distinguish between the law passed and the regulations subsequently written.
My guess is that it's the regulations since the devil is in the details. But that just makes the passage of the ACA all that much worse and the administration all that more culpable. If it had to pass so the legislature would know what was in it, it should never have been signed. That it was then misrepresented by it's chief cheer leader who either flat out lied or didn't know what he was talking about is even worse.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Default 129 MILLION may lose insurance coverage due to Obamacare

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, OP, how many of those policies are because their plans were substandard pre-Obamcare? So far, there's various links collected throughout these crocodile tear topics that suggest policy cancellations are due to nothing more than those plans not meeting minimum requirements, and that those companies are urging consumers to re-enroll in new ACA compliant policies. Doesn't really jive with your, "Obamacare obliterated your health plan" in the way that you intended to mean
So if they decided that all auto policies should cover RV's and oil changes and cancelled your auto policy because yours did not, how would you feel about that?

Don't worry - they have plenty of new options that you can choose from that cover RV's and oil changes - they just cost more. Yours was junk, anyway. It didn't meet the minimum requirements. Who cares if you don't own an RV?

I don't expect an answer - it's too big a leap for you.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Old 11-05-2013, 04:13 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! My current policy is almost the EXACT same as yours (I have a slightly higher deductable).

If your policy is being canceled it is because of your EMPLOYER! Nothing to do with Obamacare!
I am Retired, not employed, am 61, and have private insurance with BCBS of NC.
All my friends with private insurance in my age group are experiencing the same thing.
Get up to speed girl.......you are living in a fantasy world believing millions of us are lying because we don't fit into your ideological delusions.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:22 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times

Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So if they decided that all auto policies should cover RV's and oil changes and cancelled your auto policy because yours did not, how would you feel about that?
I'd be okay with that!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I'd be okay with that!
I suppose you would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies