Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
How An 'Anti-Gay' Mississippi Town Stopped A Gay Bar From Opening

I don't blame them. It would do nothing but cause more trouble and use the police force up even more dealing with drunks and idiots wanting to fight...bring something useful to the town and stop whining about it's because its a gay bar...this is the crap I am talking about. She knows all well that it ain't wanted there but she tried it anyways...knowing it would get the media's attention...try bringing a little cafe to town...that would be nice.
The gay agenda is always working. I hear they are using kids in little cute videos.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,989 times
Quote:
1 sells sandwiches and fries and really good peach shakes,this thing this "woman" wanted to open is dangerous and volatile. Just what we need more drunks and idiots running around town getting in fights,drunk driving etc...it sounds like there is already a bar or 2 in town...you don't need more...like I said open a cafe.
the free market decides if the town needs another bar. Not bigoted goons.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 PM

275 posts, read 178,566 times
And the town decided they didn't need one. Good for them.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:58 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:

I don't blame them. It would do nothing but cause more trouble and use the police force up even more dealing with drunks and idiots wanting to fight...bring something useful to the town and stop whining about it's because its a gay bar...this is the crap I am talking about. She knows all well that it ain't wanted there but she tried it anyways...knowing it would get the media's attention...try bringing a little cafe to town...that would be nice.
Did you even read the article you posted? The bar that she wanted to open was a bar and cafe. She was denied permission to open because it was a gay establishment, she was discriminated against. It seems to me the town is filled with ignorant fools using their bible to promote their hate. If I was in her shoes, I would open a bar/cafe elsewhere and let the town people stew in their pit of hatred and bias and not give them the benefit of profitting off the business taxes or overflow business.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Nope it was denied because town didn't want ANOTHER bar...just because a few people were anti gay don't mean jack...

Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Lighten up, Francis.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM

542 posts, read 692,204 times
Well, it's Mississippi. I'm sure if they said the bar would have separate water fountains for blacks and whites then the town would have been okay with it.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 PM

Ah there we go. Took 2 pages for someone with nothing original to say to blame the location.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hmm. But anti-gay conservatives got very angry when cities like Chicago tried to block Chick-fil-A from opening new stores. You don't think they're possibly hypocritical, do you?
I'm Conservative and I'm not "anti-gay". I did support Chick Fil A's right to believe what they wanted because the government doesn't have the right to dictate that.

However, I am in agreement with you, here. If she wants to open a gay bar, let her open a gay bar. If no one comes, then that's her answer. If people do come, then that's the town's answer. It's not that difficult.

And if some of those people are so afraid of gay people, they simply do not have to go to the bar. As for "more police" needed, please. I lived in Seattle...gays everywhere. THEY were not the ones causing all the problems.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:

try bringing a little cafe to town...that would be nice.
An EVIL cafe, Scott?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies