Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OP, you're creepy. I am a woman and your post is nothing but a bunch of BS. The accusations from democrats are really bizarre

Exactly. Liberals tend to spread BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Now we know why GOP tea party kooks are pushing these Sharia law candidates for office like Ken Cucenelli and Bishop Ewwwwww Jackson. Today it's government-mandated vaginal probes. Tommorow it's disenfranchising the female vote.

Only 23% of Republicans Want More Women in Congress
That's not how the poll was worded. You guys really need to stop lying, it's catching up with you.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I want qualified congressional candidates. I think we should just go for qualified. If the entire congress was female and they could do the job...I'd go for it.

I'm a GOP member BTW...I wasn't polled.
If you read the link and then the underlying polling data, which the OP didn't, most republicans answered the same as you, which is the correct answer.

Liberals were more likely to say "elect a female even if she wasn't the best candidate".

Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well considering the women that the GOP has sent to Congress I think they have some valid reasons for not wanting to see more Republican women in Congress.

You actually have the nerve to say this with the dummies you democrats have put in office? They are listed above in another post. Talk about dumb.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I want qualified congressional candidates. I think we should just go for qualified. If the entire congress was female and they could do the job...I'd go for it.

I'm a GOP member BTW...I wasn't polled.
It's important to the Dems apparently to fill these idiotic gender/racial quotas instead of putting in the best candidate regardless of skin color or genitalia. If that person is a white male, clearly something is wrong.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftwinger250 View Post
I'm a liberal and I want the best candidate regardless of sex,race,gender, religion, or anything else. I don't care if the congress is all white males, all black females, all crippled lesbian jews with a lisp....if they do the job well...I'll vote for them...point blank.
And that is the point. The original study showed liberals less likely to have that viewpoint than conservatives. We all need to read the study itself, not the spin put on it by a reporter (as the OP did)

Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
I would imagine that most of the people who identified themselves as Republican in this poll were men, which would explain why they wouldn't want more women in Congress.

I personally want more Libertarians in Congress...and the Senate, and everywhere else.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I would imagine that most of the people who identified themselves as Republican in this poll were men, which would explain why they wouldn't want more women in Congress.

I personally want more Libertarians in Congress...and the Senate, and everywhere else.
Go read what they really said...

Old 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Now we know why GOP tea party kooks are pushing these Sharia law candidates for office like Ken Cucenelli and Bishop Ewwwwww Jackson. Today it's government-mandated vaginal probes. Tommorow it's disenfranchising the female vote.

Only 23% of Republicans Want More Women in Congress
Well, if you were being honest and not trying to score political points...

...you would mention that based on the way it is worded, many of those Republicans who voted no would in fact vote for a Woman. They wouldn't however, think that women should be elected for the sole fact of having more women in congress. What is wrong with that? Vote for who you think is best regardless of gender, race, etc...

Just over 40% of Democrats answered the same way that most Republicans did. Democrats were exactly as likely to say that electing more women would be a bad thing as Republicans.

Perhaps this poll shows that Republicans are the least judgmental as they were far more likely to answer that it would make no difference in congress job performance if women or non-whites were elected more frequently -- hence people are equal...Democrats saying congress would be better if more non-whites or women were elected is kind of racist and sexist is it not???

I think the lesson to take away is that the OP and his propaganda website like to distort information for political gain and smearing. Both sides do this and it hurts the country.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
TP got the only spending cuts passed in 12 years. TP was right about Obama and Obama-care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies