Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You do realize that you type of thinking is not our base, right? Why do libertarians think the base is comprised of their type. It's not. It's largely conservatives. I'll be happy to get my party back from the libertarians loudmouths.
I doubt the base likes Christie much at all. I like him as long as stays put in NJ. I don't trust anyone who spends more time criticizing other conservatives than he does criticizing Democrats. Christie excoriates actual conservatives like Rand Paul, but doesn't point out that Obama lied about the ACA in order to get it passed?

No thanks, we have lots of good, actual conservatives who can run and win. And even if Christie were the nominee, the OFA lapdogs would smear him as a knuckle-dragging reactionary. I'm tired of picking supposedly electable moderates. The Democrats will run on personal smears no matter who the GOP nominates, so let's run an actual conservative for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:17 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I doubt the base likes Christie much at all. I like him as long as stays put in NJ. I don't trust anyone who spends more time criticizing other conservatives than he does criticizing Democrats. ....
Which - considering the number of times you've accused other Republicans of not being a "real conservatives" - means you must not trust YOURSELF.

Quote:
.......The Democrats will run on personal smears no matter who the GOP nominates, so let's run an actual conservative for once.
Pretty funny considering all the smears Obama has had thrown at him by you.

And BTW who made YOU the judge of WHO is an "actual conservative"?
In typical wingnut fashion, you throw out anyone in the GOP who doesn't think EXACTLY like you until the last three members of the GOP can all share a cab.

Thanks to folks like you, the GOP is eating it's own dead.
LOL

Ken

Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you are talking to, but you need to look in a mirror.

You need to speak up when Obama lies, distorts, breaks easy to fulfill promises...don't be a blind Obamabot and give them all bad names. Stop covering for him, our nation is at stake.

Christie is good for NJ, I'll wait and see who each party has running before I choose, but I like the Dems on a lot of social issues and the Reps on a lot of fiscal issues.
Obama's campaign promise fulfillment percentage has been generally pretty good:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/

NO candidate ever does everything they "promise" - some things end up outside their control, others are dropped due to higher priorities. Nothing new about any of that.
Remember "Read my lips - no new taxes"?

Ken

Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Which - considering the number of times you've accused other Republicans of not being a "real conservatives" - means you must not trust YOURSELF.

Pretty funny considering all the smears Obama has had thrown at him by you.

And BTW who made YOU the judge of WHO is an "actual conservative"?
In typical wingnut fashion, you throw out anyone in the GOP who doesn't think EXACTLY like you until the last three members of the GOP can all share a cab.

Thanks to folks like you, the GOP is eating it's own dead.
LOL

Ken
Ken, I don't care what you think of me. You are one of the biggest Obama/OFA apologists on this forum. I am no more a "wingnut" than your failed President. But thank you for showing everyone the left's standard personal smears of anyone who isn't a lockstep liberal. It's the same thing you and your ilk will do to any GOP presidential nominee, including Christie.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,530 times
Quote:
You do realize that you type of thinking is not our base, right? Why do libertarians think the base is comprised of their type. It's not. It's largely conservatives. I'll be happy to get my party back from the libertarians loudmouths.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
With all her attacks on other conservatives, maybe south bel IS Christie.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Emoticon away but I am sick and tired of the loud mouths making my party look bad. I've voted in every single election, even local ones, since I turned eighteen (and it's been a few years since then). I was born and raised in strong conservative states. I volunteer for our state's Republican Women's group. I've held my tongue as all this nonsense has gone on with Cruz, etc but I have had ENOUGH!

My party is one that believes government has a place in our life but the most important being at the local level. My party is one that believes that small business is the economic engine of our economy. My party is one that believes a strong defense is the key to peace. My party is one that believes governing is something our electorate has entrusted to us and treats that trust with care. My party is one that believes we should help those at the bottom of the financial ladder make their way out of that hole by creating economic opportunities that allow them to do so. My party believes in the American Dream. Cruz and his ilk have become more concerned with attacking good conservatives like me in the party than in being conservative. So no, I have NO more patience or willingness to stand by and let his ilk scream crap about my party that simply isn't true.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Emoticon away but I am sick and tired of the loud mouths making my party look bad. I've voted in every single election, even local ones, since I turned eighteen (and it's been a few years since then). I was born and raised in strong conservative states. I volunteer for our state's Republican Women's group. I've held my tongue as all this nonsense has gone on with Cruz, etc but I have had ENOUGH!

My party is one that believes government has a place in our life but the most important being at the local level. My party is one that believes that small business is the economic engine of our economy. My party is one that believes a strong defense is the key to peace. My party is one that believes governing is something our electorate has entrusted to us and treats that trust with care. My party is one that believes we should help those at the bottom of the financial ladder make their way out of that hole by creating economic opportunities that allow them to do so. My party believes in the American Dream. Cruz and his ilk have become more concerned with attacking good conservatives like me in the party than in being conservative. So no, I have NO more patience or willingness to stand by and let his ilk scream crap about my party that simply isn't true.
The "nonsense" with Cruz was an effort to avoid all of the suffering people are going through because of the ACA. I presume you are for it?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
Quote:
The "nonsense" with Cruz was an effort to avoid all of the suffering people are going through because of the ACA. I presume you are for it?
No, I think Obamacare is an utter disaster. I think that the shutdown did not help our cause. Imagine for a moment if we didn't have the shutdown. ALL of the stories would have been about the absolute disaster of this crap legislation. It was a rookie mistake and when some conservatives said it was a rookie mistake, he turned on us like a rabid dog. So, is he really that committed to the party or is he more committed to upping his personal profile?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
No, I think Obamacare is an utter disaster. I think that the shutdown did not help our cause. Imagine for a moment if we didn't have the shutdown. ALL of the stories would have been about the absolute disaster of this crap legislation. It was a rookie mistake and when some conservatives said it was a rookie mistake, he turned on us like a rabid dog. So, is he really that committed to the party or is he more committed to upping his personal profile?
That's strange. Cruz agrees with you about the ACA and Christie doesn't, yet you attack Cruz and support Christie. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies