Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times

Advertisements

Sigh, when is my state going to wake up & pass marriage equality? I'm so tired of living amongst Neanderthals. But congrats Illinois, that's great news!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Good for Illinois! I was out celebrating in Chicago last night with hundreds of others.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
One by one the walls are tumbling down.
Actually, it is society that is tumbling down ! You don't want "equal" rights, you want "special" rights.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
we're not that kinky in the bedroom.
Why not?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I have just read in an article online coming from The Chicago Tribune that the Illinois House of Representatives have passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. The Governor supported the measure and will sign it into law. However, according to the article, the law will not go into effect until June 1, 2014.

Up until now 14 states in the United States have legalized same-sex marriage, as well as the District of Columbia, and several Indian Tribal nations as well. The issue of marriage equality is a very hot topic in Hawai'i as well, where it is being debated in Honolulu.

More details will be forthcoming ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And the Hawaii House has wrapped its marriage equality testimony and will reconvene tonight to consider putting the bill to the floor (the bill is the only piece of legislation being considered in this special session).

It has already passed the Hawaii Senate.

Governor Abercrombie is an outspoken supporter of the bill.

House panels end 55 hours of testimony on gay marriage bill - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Awesome Step by Step , the day will come it when marriage equality is for everyone.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I suppose it would never occur to anyone there are the more intelligent Gay people, in this country, fighting like crazy to make sure their state does NOT legalize Gay marriage!
Somethings never change. There were also some Jews that were happy to work for the Ghetto Police.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Actually, it is society that is tumbling down ! You don't want "equal" rights, you want "special" rights.
How are they special?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
the real question is why push for 'same sex marriage'

1. do you really need a government permission and paid for license to validate your love for someone???

2. does that piece of paper (a marriage license) really make it more valid, to show your love

let's get to the real reason for the push for 'same sex marriage'........GREED

its about the 1400 or so BENEFITS that marriage supposedly gives couples.....its certainly not about love, because real love doesnt need a piece of paper to vaildate it, or benefits to make it worth while

Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
it would be more impressive if they addressed the crime rate in chitcago and the political corruption rampant thru the entire state...
but hey, now barry obama can get married when he returns from destroying the world...
Chicago is not in the top ten for gun homicides.

I used to think Illinois was the most corrupt state given it had 2 former governors ( a Republican and a Democrat) in prison at the same time. Then I read that the most politically corrupt state is Louisiana. It made me rethink the whole topic. Perhaps those states that have the most political convictions are better at detecting, prosecuting and winning convictions than some other states.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the real question is why push for 'same sex marriage'

1. do you really need a government permission and paid for license to validate your love for someone???

2. does that piece of paper (a marriage license) really make it more valid, to show your love

let's get to the real reason for the push for 'same sex marriage'........GREED

its about the 1400 or so BENEFITS that marriage supposedly gives couples.....its certainly not about love, because real love doesnt need a piece of paper to vaildate it, or benefits to make it worth while
Yeah, having the undisputed right to visit a loved one in hospital is not about love - at all. Having the undisputed right to leave your belongings to your spouse - not about love. Having the right to live with a loved one who may be from a forign country - can't possibly be about love.

I am happy to see that the usual shrill choir of bigotry is now reduced to a pouty murmur of "marriage is stupid anyway" - confirming, as I've always said, that bigots are cowards who abandon their position as soon as they no longer feel they're running with the strong crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies