Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

something else to consider, sharia nations are similar to feudal japan where the man can have one wife, and several mistresses. the man of the house can beat his wife anytime he wishes, and she can do nothing about it as she is considered the mans property. and how about the family honor killings that happen regularly? a daughter that dates the wrong boy, dates someone from another religion, etc. is subject to being killed by her family. and this isnt limited to sharia law either, generally it is tradition in many cultures where technology has advanced, but attitudes have not.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejsito View Post
I want Christian Sharia Law with some Islamic influence. No country exists.
What an oxymoron.

Ban on alcohol? You do know Jesus turned water into wine right??

Old 11-06-2013, 03:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
I may be sound as old fashioned or crazy; but to be honest I love certain aspects of 'Sharia law' like those in wealthier Arab nation (Qatar, UAE, etc.)

I like ban on gambling and alcohol, teaches morality and no sexual in public, no rape, women feeling safe, great social welfare, no blasphemy, no atheism, no homosexuality, , no political correctness, only one religion allowed, no democracy (people have crazy opinions), no banks allowed to charge extra fees, safe streets, etc. Also much less crime because people would be in fear of punishment, such as thieves getting their fingers cut.

What's your thought?
My thought? I think you want to live in a rigid, unyielding theocracy that belongs in the 15th century.
And what's this BS about women feeling safe? Yeah, they feel safe right up until they're raped at the police station for reporting a rape, being blamed for enticing men, needing witnesses or the rape didn't occur, and finally being buried up to the chest and being stoned to death.
And that's not even mentioning being whipped by the morality police for laughing in public or exposing a bit of ankle.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

I like ban on gambling and alcohol, teaches morality and no sexual in public,
no rape, women feeling safe, great social welfare, no blasphemy, no atheism, no
homosexuality, , no political correctness, only one religion allowed, no
democracy (people have crazy opinions),
Well, you did get one thing right. Some people sure have crazy opinions.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:25 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My thought? I think you want to live in a rigid, unyielding theocracy that belongs in the 15th century.
And what's this BS about women feeling safe? Yeah, they feel safe right up until they're raped at the police station for reporting a rape, being blamed for enticing men, needing witnesses or the rape didn't occur, and finally being buried up to the chest and being stoned to death.
And that's not even mentioning being whipped by the morality police for laughing in public or exposing a bit of ankle.
well saidalthough i think you are being a bit generous with the 15th century deal, more like the second or third century.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
I may be sound as old fashioned or crazy; but to be honest I love certain aspects of 'Sharia law' like those in wealthier Arab nation (Qatar, UAE, etc.)

I like ban on gambling and alcohol, teaches morality and no sexual in public, no rape, women feeling safe, great social welfare, no blasphemy, no atheism, no homosexuality, , no political correctness, only one religion allowed, no democracy (people have crazy opinions), no banks allowed to charge extra fees, safe streets, etc. Also much less crime because people would be in fear of punishment, such as thieves getting their fingers cut.

What's your thought?
It works. Saudi Arabia has extremely low crime. I worked there for over ten years.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
How about repealing first amendment? It's discriminating
You get right on that. I won't hold my breath.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Christianity is the basis of law in the US and Europe even if it is not apparent. The law is these regions is based on judeo-christian morality, the 10 commandments etc. Very recently in history this morality became less relevant for example laws on gay marriage, legalization of drugs... and this trend seems s=to be accelerating.
You do realize that only 2 or 3 of the 10 commandments are even part of the laws in this country. Right?
And those have been laws in just about every civilization through out history. The first amendment directly defies the first commandment.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Absent laws which affirm personal rights and freedoms, Sharia "law" is a attempt at order.

Without a formal governments, people have to resort to law making ad hoc.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:56 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
I want Christian Sharia Law with some Islamic influence. No country exists.
There use to be plenty of Christian nations like that, then they evolved or faded in to history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies