Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're right.....the population will LOVE the program when they actually start using it and the web site problems are resolved, and the Democrats will learn that it was worth the fight to pass it. Tea Party folks will learn that they are fighting a losing battle.
When the media reports the website works, they might briefly cheer, but then the bills will show up, they will have less money to keep and they will despise the Democrats for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
As more people lose their healthcare. Good job democrats
Yes, people are losing their crappy and costly health care from insurance companies who are ripping them off daily. When people see that they can have GOOD health insurance that actually covers them when they're sick and they can't be dropped because they get sick, they're going to be very happy. And they can qualify for financial assistance with new premiums if they need it. Ultimately, insurance companies are going to have to use most of the premiums they receive to ACTUALLY PAY FOR HEALTH CARE now rather than collecting premiums for a person for years then dropping them once they get seriously ill!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What are they supposed to learn? More people voted against McCauliffe than for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The only thing learned, is that Democrats can't win without cheating, and that they will buy any election they can.

They bankrolled someone to pretend to be a libertarian to split off a bit of the GOP vote.
I wouldn't call it cheating, but the only reason McAuliffe won was because there was a "Libertarian" candidate. Virginia was no referendum, unless you count the "we need better candidates, quit making us vote for the lesser of two (three) evils" one.

Republicans do need to figure out how to get more viable candidates to win their primaries.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yep. LOL That's why a DEMOCRAT won in Virginia.
List of Governors of Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not knowing about the history of VA govs I took 30 seconds and googled the list to find that 5 of the last 8 and 2 of the last 3 govs in VA were democrats.

Since WW2 it's been 13 dem govs. vs. 6 repub.

Why do all the lwnjs and rwnjs around here not bother to do a little research before arriving at conclusions?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:17 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That may be true if the reverse were true in Va. I'd like to see Christie run. I'd much rather see him as the GOP candidate that the other so called "conservative Tea Party" candidates. Not because I fear the TP candidates, because I believe if Christie won, he would be 100 times better than the alternative TPGOP candidate.

Just for the record, no currently backed TPGOP candidate will win in a general election. Of course if Christie would win the nomination, the TP would back him; but after the fact.
This is true. Chris Christie and other moderate Republicans would be good GOP presidential contenders and I feel the GOP will oust the TP sooner rather than later. The race in VA is evident of this as they did not back the TP candidate. Which brings me to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you guys dont even mention alabama, where the republican establishment won against the tea partier who said obama was from kenya and was a birther.

the tea party is dead, and has been a proven loser with loss of election after election after election.
This is also true. In Alabama, a deep blue southern state, they rejected a TP candidate. We have a primary coming up in 2014 here in GA and even though I am an independent, I will declare myself a republican to vote against the TP candidates here in GA. In Georgia one doesn't have to state party affiliation to register to vote and at the polls we can tell them whether we are Dem or GOP and they will give us the correct ballot.

GA is a red state, so I find it important to vote in the GOP primary since the GOP candidate will more than certainly be the winner (I am not sure for the election in 2014 because the daughter of a blue dog dem who was highly respected in the state is running and I think she has a shot to win). I need to make sure we don't get a Tea Partier. I am encouraging many of my Democrat friends to do the same. I especially intend to try to stop Paul Broun or Karen Handel from being the nominee.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
And FYI, Virginia is no longer a red state. It is a "purple" state and goes both ways (lol, I always laugh at that phrase).

Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When the media reports the website works, they might briefly cheer, but then the bills will show up, they will have less money to keep and they will despise the Democrats for it.
And when people get sick (as they will), their new policies will ACTUALLY PAY FOR THE HEALTHCARE THEY NEED, rather than dropping them so they to look for a new policy after that episode, only to not be able to find anyone to insure them because of a"pre-existing" condition.....or to be dropped when they get sick because the insurance company can find a flaw in the insurance policy application which they claim did not disclose the pre-existing condition.

Additionally, Obamacare provides for preventative care. For example, if someone is diagnosed as a diabetic, they will be able to get free training regarding how to correct their diet and things they can do to help control the disease along with medication to control the disease. However, now, if you have an insurance policy and DON'T KNOW that you're a diabetic, how much care do you think you're going to get from your present policy and how fast do you think you'll get dropped when it's discovered you are a diabetic? Then how easy do you think it will be to get a policy when you are a diabetic because of all the complications as a result of that disease?

Who knows? The MAJORITY of people may like the ACA so much that they will make it a single payer program!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Lets see who can't think, Christie won in a blue state, but he worked with Obama and has been center or moderate, Terry M is a dem from the Clinton admin, and won in a red state that the Republican lost because of his vaginal probe and anti abortion stance. Can you add 2+2= far left and far right nuts lose?
Clearly, the voting public is sending the Tea Party a message - We Don't Want You. Crazy don't play well with the majority.

Republicans - yes. Tea Party - NO.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Clearly, the voting public is sending the Tea Party a message - We Don't Want You. Crazy don't play well with the majority.

Republicans - yes. Tea Party - NO.

Which will ensure the continued enslavement of America's productive citizens.

JWK

If we can make 51percent of America’s population dependent upon an Obama, welfare, food stamp,section 8 housing, college loan check, and now free Obamacare along with free bacon, we can blackmail them for their vote, keep ourselves in power and keep theremaining portion of America’s productive population enslaved to pay the bills ____ Obama’s Marxist FreeStuff Party, which is designed to establish a federal plantation andredistribute the wealth which wage earners, business and investors have workedto create.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Now that a moderate Republican wins in a blue state and a Dem wins in a red state, will it teach the far right nuts that vaginal probes and anti abortion is a non sequitur to win races? I doubt it. The far left and the far right never learn.
Yes, we learned that the GOP repubs hate conservatives as much as democrats do, since we had elected republican politicians supporting McAuliffe, the democrat.

Two more former Republican state elected officials in Virginia have endorsed Democrat Terry McAuliffe for governor in this fall’s election. McAuliffe’s campaign announced yesterday the backing of former Sens. Marty Williams of Newport News and Brandon Bell of Roanoke.

We also learned that idiot libertarians will vote for faux candidates and give elections away to democrats.

Campaign finance records show the Libertarian Booster PAC has made the largest independent contribution to Sarvis’ campaign, helping to pay for professional petition circulators who collected signatures necessary to get Sarvis’ name on Tuesday’s statewide ballot.

Austin, Texas, software billionaire Joe Liemandt is the Libertarian Booster PAC’s major benefactor. He’s also a top bundler for President Barack Obama. This revelation comes as Virginia voters head to the polls Tuesday in an election where some observers say the third-party gubernatorial candidate could be a spoiler for Republican Ken Cuccinelli.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies