Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 06:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Informed consent is a process for getting permission before conducting a healthcare intervention on a person.

An informed consent can be said to have been given based upon a clear appreciation and understanding of the facts, implications, and future consequences of an action.

In order to give informed consent, the individual concerned must have adequate reasoning faculties and be in possession of all relevant facts at the time consent is given. Impairments to reasoning and judgment which may make it impossible for someone to give informed consent include such factors as basic intellectual or emotional immaturity, high levels of stress such as PTSD or as severe mental retardation, severe mental illness, intoxication, severe sleep deprivation, Alzheimer's disease, or being in a coma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
What is the lie? You should have at least that in your OP if that what the entire thread is about.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
What is the lie? You should have at least that in your OP if that what the entire thread is about.
Oh yea, I obviously know more about getting good healthcare than you. Sooo, to educate you..

When you receive health care you will depend on the doctor being truthful so you can make an educate decision. Obama stuck his nose in our healthcare but he lied by telling us "if you like your insurance or doctor you can keep your insurance, doctor" People made a voting decision based on this lie. EmeraldCity, when you need healthcare and need to make an important decision on treatment do you want your doctor lying to you?

Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh yea, I obviously know more about getting good healthcare than you. Sooo, to educate you..

When you receive health care you will depend on the doctor being truthful so you can make an educate decision. Obama stuck his nose in our healthcare but he lied by telling us "if you like your insurance or doctor you can keep your insurance, doctor" People made a voting decision based on this lie. EmeraldCity, when you need healthcare and need to make an important decision on treatment do you want your doctor lying to you?
My doctor doesn't have an opinion in what insurance I choose. You are trying some real mental gymnastics to try and fit informed consent for health care and changes in coverage. I think my doctor and I "can make an educate decision" on my care, and I can decide what coverage I want.

I know this is the first time you have tried to act like you are smarter than me, and actually spelled all the words right, but you still screwed the pooch on elementary school level grammar. Good job shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
My doctor doesn't have an opinion in what insurance I choose. You are trying some real mental gymnastics to try and fit informed consent for health care and changes in coverage. I think my doctor and I "can make an educate decision" on my care, and I can decide what coverage I want.

I know this is the first time you have tried to act like you are smarter than me, and actually spelled all the words right, but you still screwed the pooch on elementary school level grammar. Good job shooting yourself in the foot.
Yea coming from someone who desperately needs someone else to pay for their healthcare insurance What a sad life it must be that you can't do it all on your own.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea coming from someone who desperately needs someone else to pay for their healthcare insurance What a sad life it must be that you can't do it all on your own.
So you are making assumptions about my life now? So, tell me about my life with your psychic powers.

Are these really your only arguments?

1) You are smarter than everyone (even though you don't know about informed consent, elementary school grammar, and doctors role in patients lives).
2) I am poor and need government support, even though you know nothing about my life and are lying.
3) You hate Obama.

So far there is no evidence or facts, just another 15 minutes of hate, which is what I expected.

You are welcome to your rage. As it is said "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Have fun with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies