Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:19 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

also this woman was walking away from the property when the guy shot her in the head from behind with a shotgun.
where did you read this?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Ah, yea.....the results of the liberal Utopia!

People are either so afraid of strangers, or so high on whatever, that they shoot first and well, they just shoot first.

Says something about the mentality of the residents of Detroit.

It also says much about the way that communities see black people.

I'm not condoning the shooting....just doing what lefties do....looking at the root cause. Isn't that what lefties constantly do? Look for the roots of problems?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
This is unfortunate, no question about it. But can someone tell me why non-blacks have to make their neighborhoods, businesses, streets etc safe for blacks and free from discrimination and profiling, while blacks aren't required to do the same?

If a black person gets shot in a non-black neighborhood 'This black person was racially profiled!! That's WRONG and it shouldn't happen. We need to stop being racist against blacks!'

If a white or non-black person gets shot in a black neighborhood 'Well what the hell was he doing in THAT neighborhood when its known to be a dangerous area?? Its sad that he got shot, but he should've known better than to pass through there'.

Can someone explain to me how this is fair? Hell I think most non-blacks would just settle for blacks not making NON-BLACK neighborhoods and streets dangerous, let alone making black neighborhoods safer. So please tell me why non-blacks have to bend over backwards to accomodate blacks while blacks won't bend AN INCH to reciprocate?
odd how that works, isn't it

Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where did you read this?
It says that she was shot in the back of the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We are talking about Detroit here, a place where the crime rate is so high, that strangers who knock on doors at 2:30 AM get shot. The residents of Detroit hear on the news about another murder on almost on a daily basis. With over one person each and every day getting murdered, apparently the law abiding people are not taking any chances.

Oct 2013 - Detroit Again Tops List Of Most Dangerous Cities, As Crime Rate Dips - Forbes

The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s crime database reports Detroit had 386 murders last year, up from 344 in 2011 and essentially unchanged from 2000 – when the city had 200,000 more residents. The steady outflow of residents has driven Detroit’s murder rate up to 54.6 per 100,000, more than 10 times the national average and the highest in the country among large cities. Equally troubled Stockton, Calif., fifth on this year’s Most Dangerous list, has less than half the murder rate of Detroit.
Actually, it took place in Dearborn Heights, and she's from Detroit. Dearborn Heights is a sundown town. A sundown town is an area that is purposely all-white. It comes from signs that were allegedly posted stating that people of color (non-whites) had to leave the town by sundown.

Quote:
Dearborn Heights: 86.1% White, 7.9% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.7% Asian, 1.0% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.7% of the population.

Last edited by Pinkmani; 11-07-2013 at 09:51 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post

Actually, it took place in Dearborn Heights, and she's from Detroit. Dearborn Heights is a sundown town. A sundown town is an area that is purposely all-white. It comes from signs that were allegedly posted stating that people of color (non-whites) had to leave the town by sundown.
Soooo, you are calling a town with 8% blacks a sundown town?

It's all white! 86%!

As someone trained in math, I can assure you that 86% is not "all".

Why are you trying so hard to malign an entire town and of course whites over the bad actions of a single individual?

You know, that's what racists do, point to the bad actions of 1 black and say "that's black culture" and garbage like that. How is what you are doing any different?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
He shot her in the back of the head. That doesn't sound like self-defense. He should be charged for murder.

People are way too paranoid about strangers knocking on their door. I know it's not common these days but whatever happened to being neighborly? The media has really screwed people's minds up.

Still 'paranoid' after all these years - CNN.com

Last edited by renault; 11-07-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
predominantly white neighbhorhood, shotgun. enough proof.
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
sorry, what is 'it'? where does it say this?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Looks like they are bringing charges.

We still don't know the race of the shooter.

Some of the posters here are pretty dispicable racists.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Soooo, you are calling a town with 8% blacks a sundown town?

It's all white! 86%!

As someone trained in math, I can assure you that 86% is not "all".

Why are you trying so hard to malign an entire town and of course whites over the bad actions of a single individual?

You know, that's what racists do, point to the bad actions of 1 black and say "that's black culture" and garbage like that. How is what you are doing any different?
That wasn't my intention. Dearborn Heights is a majority white town. The site that I linked in the previous post considers Dearborn Heights to be a sundown town.

By pointing out the Dearborn Heights is a majority town, I was trying to point out that due to the lack of racial diversity.

There is a tendency for whites who grow up in an area with majority whites to be prejudice towards those of other races. This is true especially when they don't move to another area. The same goes for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sorry, what is 'it'? where does it say this?
It's on several news sites but my explorer is going wacky and they are crashing so no link, you will have to google it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies