Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I see nothing wrong with it, as long as there's an equivalent restaurant called "Dick's" - for the girls and gay boys.
well there is a business model for you, perhaps you could start your own chain? i hope you are successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
At those restaurants, the women are not seen as entertainment. There's a big difference.
Quote:
Until you were fired.

Really? I can't even believe people are defending this idiot. You can't take kids to an adult-themed restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh good god - all of this defense of Hooters as though it's a freaking Chuck E Cheese. Please. It's main 'draw' is good looking women in minimal clothing. Even the name of the restaurant is just a euphemism for breasts. So give me a flipping break already. It's NOT a family restaurant even if some people may have brought their families there. Oh and I think their wings suck.
have either of you BEEN to a hooters? i dont see the adult theme there. i see women fully clothed making an honest living serving food and drinks to customers, while those customers watch sporting events on the various TVs that line the walls. and there are many similar restaurants around the country with their servers clad similarly. so tell me what is wrong with the way these ladies are dressed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Give me a break. It's not 'just' a chicken wings restaurant. The entertainment is the women - period. As the name implies. Stop trying to act like it's just any restaurant. I've been there - the wings suck and the women are the only thing that keeps the men going to this crappy restaurant.
I've been there. They have great wings. And the girls are no different than a dozen other restaurants.

And lots of families go there.

Grow up.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I hope this thread is a joke. I would never go to Hooters myself and would certainly not want a child of mine to go there. I don't like the name of the place.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Huh? Perhaps someone can explain to me what's so special about Hooters that would make a party there any less appropriate than at Mickey D's, Applebee's, or the Olive Garden.
Nothing. They are all the same.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
they serve with open boobies,, wish I could have gone to hooters when I was 14..
No, they don't.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I've been there. They have great wings. And the girls are no different than a dozen other restaurants.

And lots of families go there.

Grow up.
Yes, I'm the one that needs to grow up. Okay. The name of their restaurant is a slang term for breasts - that just screams family restaurant to me. And yes, their wings suck.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
have either of you BEEN to a hooters? i dont see the adult theme there. i see women fully clothed making an honest living serving food and drinks to customers, while those customers watch sporting events on the various TVs that line the walls. and there are many similar restaurants around the country with their servers clad similarly. so tell me what is wrong with the way these ladies are dressed?
Exactly!

The idiots who are offended by Hooters probably have never been there. Prudes who get their information from the neighborhood gossips.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Really? I can't even believe people are defending this idiot. You can't take kids to an adult-themed restaurant.
Except it's not an adult themed restaurant. It's no different than Pizza Hut.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I hope this thread is a joke. I would never go to Hooters myself and would certainly not want a child of mine to go there. I don't like the name of the place.
so you wont go because you dont like the name of the place? seriously? what if they called it diablos? or "the living room"? or how about "tens"?

what is it about the restaurant that bothers you? is it just the name? or is it the imagery in your head of half naked women prancing around the restaurant? if it is the latter, then check out the pictures i have posted in this thread as they are representative of how hooters girls are dressed.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan
they serve with open boobies,, wish I could have gone to hooters when I was 14..
try again, i have posted TWO different pictures of hooters girls and how they dress while working, apparently you didnt look at either picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies