Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM

165 posts, read 132,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
By the way how many gubbermint programs are the average Tea Partier and his spouse on 5, 6, 7, 8, or more? They don't like to be reminded of how much they depend on the gubbermint do they. Then they complain when someone else gets a hand out. You gotta love the Tea Party..
What in the world are you even talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 PM

The Obama worshipers keep claiming that ACA is going to make things cheaper. So let's see if I understand this.
Is it going to reduce wages for health care workers?
Is it going to reduce the price of drugs?
Is it going to reduce the price of say an MRI machine?
Is it going to reduce the price of electricity that the hospital pays?
Is it going to reduce the price of the janitorial service?
What got cheaper?
If the hospital truly incurs a cost of $200 to perform an x-ray how did ACA make that procedure cheaper? Do you really think that doctors, nurses, hospitals and clinics are going to settle for making less money?
Please explain how ACA made anything cheaper. If ACA did anything at all it made it cost more because of the government BS red tape that it has to go through to provide health care with documentation out the wahzoo.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 PM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm there by choice. I opted for a high deductible plan. Fairly healthy so I opt for a low premium and have the savings to cover my out of pocket costs when they arise.
Tex has the most uninsured in the country by far!

so you may be happy, but many of your fellow Texans aren't!

really shameful...

Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks69 View Post
The Obama worshipers keep claiming that ACA is going to make things cheaper. So let's see if I understand this.
Is it going to reduce wages for health care workers?
Is it going to reduce the price of drugs?
Is it going to reduce the price of say an MRI machine?
Is it going to reduce the price of electricity that the hospital pays?
Is it going to reduce the price of the janitorial service?
What got cheaper?
If the hospital truly incurs a cost of $200 to perform an x-ray how did ACA make that procedure cheaper? Do you really think that doctors, nurses, hospitals and clinics are going to settle for making less money?
Please explain how ACA made anything cheaper. If ACA did anything at all it made it cost more because of the government BS red tape that it has to go through to provide health care with documentation out the wahzoo.
its called spreading the cost and catching diseases and conditions early with preventative care vs the uninsured/under-insured using very expensive emergency care; which in the long-run will save a lot.

please inform and educate yourself and stop being apathetic!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
its called spreading the cost and catching diseases and conditions early with preventative care vs the uninsured/under-insured using very expensive emergency care; which in the long-run will save a lot.

please inform and educate yourself and stop being apathetic!
Typical liberal to assume one is apathetic because I have a brain. Yes, you are right all conservatives want to kill off old people and let others die because we are heartless bastards. Grow up.

Spreading the costs = take money from me to pay for your healthcare. You just stole from my family to take care of yours. Grow up and take care of yourself, I am not your dad. Pay your own way in this world!

Catching diseases. They are tricky little suckers to catch. To bad that before ACA you couldn't go to the hospital and NOT be refused. Hmmm....seems to me there was a law for that.

Preventive care. You know you are talking about the fattest, least health society on the planet. If people truly cared about their health they wouldn't eat at McDonalds 3 times a week. What are we now 40% obese? Well damn if I had preventive care then I would have known that my health was going to hell in a hand basket because I drink, eat and smoke to much.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks69 View Post
Typical liberal to assume one is apathetic because I have a brain. Yes, you are right all conservatives want to kill off old people and let others die because we are heartless bastards. Grow up.

Spreading the costs = take money from me to pay for your healthcare. You just stole from my family to take care of yours. Grow up and take care of yourself, I am not your dad. Pay your own way in this world!

Catching diseases. They are tricky little suckers to catch. To bad that before ACA you couldn't go to the hospital and NOT be refused. Hmmm....seems to me there was a law for that.

Preventive care. You know you are talking about the fattest, least health society on the planet. If people truly cared about their health they wouldn't eat at McDonalds 3 times a week. What are we now 40% obese? Well damn if I had preventive care then I would have known that my health was going to hell in a hand basket because I drink, eat and smoke to much.
more apathy and hate from you!

if you had any extensive knowledge on the subject; you would know that the health insurance system before the ACA was progressive! i.e. you or me were already paying for someone else! the least utilizers of insurance pay for the people who use it more; thats how insurance always worked, deal with it!

what people like you need to understand is that we are all in this together! instead you choose to be selfish and hate-filled, its really quite sad.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
By prior accounts, you did indeed have a great policy and had you held it when the ACA became law, it might have been grandfathered. That the fed, your state and your insurance company failed to inform you of the potential consequences if you changed plans of if the plan changed is sad stuff. I understand your anger.
That you wanted the government to have the power to make this happen...

Is reason for you to apologize to everyone.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:

really shameful...
Perhaps you should take a look at a US map and see where Texas is located.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:

really shameful...
And yet they still oppose Obamacare according to this poll of Texans in September of this year.

Quote:
With the health insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act opening up this February, we wanted to assess Texans’ attitudes toward the law in the run up to implementation. Overall, 36% of Texans have a favorable opinion of the law compared with 41% with an unfavorable opinion. Democrats are overwhelmingly favorable to the law at 64%, while 67% of Republicans have an unfavorable opinion of the law.
http://www.texaslyceum.org/media/sta...ve_Summary.pdf

Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Insurers negotiating better rates from hospitals and medical practices is nothing new. In most states, those with decent healthcare insurance, who choose to use in-network providers, pay less than if they had chosen to use an out of network provider. Those providers willing to negotiate their rates with big box insurers are rewarded with more business and higher bed occupancy rates.

Nothing within the ACA precluded the ten hospitals in NH from negotiating with BCBS for in-network benefits for individual policy holders. Given the exchange has no impact on large group healthcare plans, which insure 80% of the people, it's reasonable to assume that these hospitals preferred to serve the majority of insured people than the individual policy market.

Concord Hospital not part of provider network for Obamacare exchange plan in N.H. | Concord Monitor
Your argument is: "It's ok that it screws over the people who are getting screwed, because it's only a minority of the voters".

Funny how the utilitarian aspects of "doesn't really matter what happens to anyone else, as long as it gives me something" is your one principle from which YOU NEVER DEVIATE. It's as narcissistic as anything ever posted here on C-D. That ONE person loses what they want to have... is wrong and should never, EVER happen. Government does not exist to take our decisions from us... It exists to defend our right to MAKE THOSE DECISIONS OURSELVES, not to take our decisions and make them for YOUR benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies