Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 02:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And just how do YOU know that?

All of your posts scream about no one KNOWING what the woman's intentions were.

So, are we to assume that ONLY YOU know the truth?

Other posters have come up with different ideas/scenarios, but you blast them all as 'lefty' crapola and believe that ONLY YOU know the TRUTH!

Have you ever been drunk?
Have you ever been high?
Have you ever been in a car accident?

I've been all three (not at the same time, though..LOL).

Being in the accident was obviously the worst. I was knocked out for a brief time, and was pretty much incoherent for a while afterwards, and my mental state was messed up. I picked up my cell but for a while couldn't remember how to use it, etc.

It doesn't seem to me that your opinions are based on any real-life experiences you've had.

And, BTW, I haven't seen any headlines, so I cannot agree or disagree with them.
I had a terrible car wreck when I was 16. Luckily no one died, but my friend shattered both forearm bones in his right arm, and a guy in the back seat cracked his skull.

We walked down the street after climbing across two ditches where I decided to play dukes of Hazzard.

We went to the first house with a car in the drive. He didn't shoot us, and it was at midnight. I'm not a black woman so I guess my intentions weren't questioned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 02:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
there is no logic with shooting somebody who is standing outside your door.
Uh; IF someone woke ME up in the middle of the night and that person was whacked out, that person might NOT be here today. McBride might've made a threatening move 1st for all we know. Race don't have jack to do with it either. Sheesh!

Old 11-16-2013, 11:46 AM

329 posts, read 431,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I still want to know how ANYONE knows that she was asking for help. HOW??????? There are NO facts that suggest such a thing, NONE! The house she went to was 4 BLOCKS away! Why did she go so far? Why is there a 2 hour gap between the accident and when she was shot? Was there another car involved?
According to the news, this particular homeowner had a habit of leaving lights on all night in his house and they were speculating that is why she chose that home because it appeared somebody was up. Whatever it was, she was not a threat to him and was not trying to make entry into his home. He can try the "she was drunk or on marijuana" if he wants but I have a feeling he is going on vacation for a few to many years. This is Wayne County, not Sanford Florida and he will not have an all white jury.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:53 AM

329 posts, read 431,393 times
He should go to prison for a long period of time. The problem is that the Zimmerman verdict made it open season on black people. Not criminals but any and all black people. Hopefully this case will change that. You have to have a reason to kill somebody. Not just because they are black.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Zimmerman claimed self defense. So you can speculate all you want on that one. I don't believe he killed Martin because of his color.
This man who shot the girl was probably not more than nut case using very bad judgement.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Old 11-16-2013, 02:24 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Zimmerman claimed self defense. So you can speculate all you want on that one. I don't believe he killed Martin because of his color.
This man who shot the girl was probably not more than nut case using very bad judgement.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I disagree with Zimmerman getting off scott free, but at least you could see fight marks on him. He was outdoors. I disagree with his judgement, but there is a shadow of a doubt I suppose.

Now, this freaking guy in Michigan. You're behind a closed door, and you open it to shoot someone? How was your life threatened while you have a locked door in between you? Why didn't he just call the police and wait?

Old 11-16-2013, 02:28 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The shooter has been charged.

"A man was charged with murder in the second degree, manslaughter and possession of a firearm in the death of Renisha McBride, Michigan's Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Friday.
Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced the charges against Theodore Paul Wafer, 54, who allegedly shot the 19-year-old woman in the face on his porch in Dearborn Heights, Mich. in the early hours of Nov. 2.

"We obviously do not feel that the evidence in this case reveals that the defendant acted in lawful self defense," Worthy said."

Theodore Wafer Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of Renisha McBride
HOW is this NOT SELF DEFENSE? She is on the man's property, on his PORCH, FACING the front door. Here in West Virginia the man would probably not be charged, and if he was charged would almost definitely not be convicted by a jury. I'll tell you if I'm on that jury, then this man walks. I know not to trespass on other people's property. And I have signs on my property warning other people not to trespass on mine.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:40 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
"her family is going to easily win a large civil suit and will end up owning that house in addition to a large insurance payout which hopefully they can use to further their other youths educations, create a scholarship etc."

One would hope....
I think it would be VERY interesting, if such a settlement comes about, to check back a year or so after to see where the money went!
As for the FACTS in the case, which NOBODY on here seems to know, they will hopefully come out during the trial. Would I convict the man? I don't know. I would have to get a LOT more evidence before I could make a decision. News reports are at best unreliable, at worst blatantly troublemaking. I believe very little of what I read, and not much of what I hear from news "reporters"!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:40 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I wish all you hardcore LeftNuts would pay attention to what I am saying and stop side stepping it. HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW SHE WAS ASKING FOR HELP! Why do ALL the headlines say she was when it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE? Why are there headlines that say "Asking for Help While Black"? Why is the race angle being portrayed when NONE of it can be proven?
For the same reason NBC and others played it up with the Martin/Zimmerman situation. They got what they wanted, a huge news story that sold a ton of advertising in both the print media and on TV.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:49 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
HOW is this NOT SELF DEFENSE? She is on the man's property, on his PORCH, FACING the front door. Here in West Virginia the man would probably not be charged, and if he was charged would almost definitely not be convicted by a jury. I'll tell you if I'm on that jury, then this man walks. I know not to trespass on other people's property. And I have signs on my property warning other people not to trespass on mine.
Now standing on someone's porch is cause for killing them. How threatening, standing on a porch. And people wonder why some think some gun owners are whackjobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies