Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
I don't believe anyone can be "gay"

As adults, we can generally choose to participate in homosexual acts.
Attractions and acts are two different things. Attractions are involuntary and are what define being "gay".

Old 11-08-2013, 07:42 PM

442 posts, read 588,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did you consciously choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

Please give a detailed description what went into your decision making process.
I''ll reiterate. we can choose to participate in homosexual acts or not.

If you'd like to comment on that ^^ Or about the OP in general, I'd be happy to read it

and comment. Thanks

Old 11-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Choosing to participate in a sex act does not determine one's sexuality.
Agreed

Old 11-08-2013, 07:48 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Agreed, it's sad they think that way. I agree with you that advocating killing anyone, treating anyone as second class citizens or persecuting them unnecessarily is wrong. UNLESS they are promoting pedophilia by trying to convince us innocent infants are "born that way". Of course we have many types of dangerous people

Those people have no right to be in society. Except locked up undergoing extensive therapy. The gays started this "born that way" which is also the mindset of a Child Molester obviously. They shouldn't be around babies, especially during diapering. Anyone who promotes this sickness doesn't deserve to have the opportunity to hurt another innocent being.

Anyone who can view an innocent baby as desiring perverted sex, or having an incling to such, needs to be locked up. Until they can prove a healthy mindset which allows for the safety of everyone, especially infants and children.
Thinking that the claim people are born with homosexual "wiring" (or however you want to phrase it) is equivalent to pedophilia is quite the ridiculous stretch... actually, given the illogical mindset of folks like you, I guess it isn't that surprising.

Now please explain - how does concluding people are born with homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, etc, tendencies even come CLOSE to the issue of people wanting to have sex with children??? It doesn't mean they want to try out the theory with a child, they/we are merely saying one does not suddenly come of age and say "now I choose to be gay/straight!" To think such a thing is ludicrous, unless you can pinpoint the exact moment you chose to be straight. I cannot do that, can you?

P.S. You may not realize it, but comments like this are EXACTLY what you claim to be against (treating them as second-class citizens, persecuting them unnecessarily, etc). And "the gays" didn't come up with this concept; it's been common sense for most of us since forever, and studied by scientists of all orientations for decades now.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Attractions and acts are two different things. Attractions are involuntary and are what define being "gay".
No one is defined as "gay" because they are attracted to the opposite sex.

No one is a smoker unless they smoke, no one is a drunk unless they drink, etc..

Old 11-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I''ll reiterate. we can choose to participate in homosexual acts or not.

If you'd like to comment on that ^^ Or about the OP in general, I'd be happy to read it

and comment. Thanks
But... you said "I don't believe anyone can be gay." Being gay is not a behavior, which is where you seemed to get confused. Do you understand the difference between behavior and orientation all of a sudden?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Thinking that the claim people are born with homosexual "wiring" (or however you want to phrase it) is equivalent to pedophilia is quite the ridiculous stretch... actually, given the illogical mindset of folks like you, I guess it isn't that surprising.
If they are self titled as a homosexual-And- they are trying to make babies into perverts. In that case, yes it's linked. As would someone who proclaims the opposite yet tries to make babies into perverts. Babies are just that, infants who make no conscious decision regarding sexual mattes. So they cannot be born that way, that's again, a pedophile mindset.

Quote:
Now please explain - how does concluding people are born with homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, etc, tendencies even come CLOSE to the issue of people wanting to have sex with children??? It doesn't mean they want to try out the theory with a child, they/we are merely saying one does not suddenly come of age and say "now I choose to be gay/straight!" To think such a thing is ludicrous, unless you can pinpoint the exact moment you chose to be straight. I cannot do that, can you?
I don't label people as gay or straight or bi because that's a feeling that can be fleeting. And I really don't care. It's a private thing to themselves only, not me. Makes no difference how someone feels inside to me, I am fine with it either way.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
No one is defined as "gay" because they are attracted to the opposite sex.
Yes, they are. I knew I was straight (even if I didn't know the terms) LONG before I'd ever been intimate with a man. Didn't you?? One can also be a gay virgin or celibate, and I personally grew up with a few kids who identified as gay before even hitting puberty. This isn't a difficult concept, really.

Quote:
No one is a smoker unless they smoke, no one is a drunk unless they drink, etc..
Bad analogy, since one isn't biologically attracted to cigarettes or alcohol. However, one CAN have the genetic tendencies to become an addict, if they come from a long line of drunks/users - I've even heard them referred to as "dry addicts."

Old 11-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
If they are self titled as a homosexual-And- they are trying to make babies into perverts. In that case, yes it's linked. As would someone who proclaims the opposite yet tries to make babies into perverts. Babies are just that, infants who make no conscious decision regarding sexual mattes. So they cannot be born that way, that's again, a pedophile mindset.
Huh? How are they "making children into perverts?" I still fail to see the connection you make here, when all they/we are saying is that people are born with innate tendencies - which usually don't present themselves until later in life, but are believed to be pre-determined at birth.

If I said my child is pre-determined to become overweight and diabetic, does that mean I'm making them or want them to be fat?

Quote:
I don't label people as gay or straight or bi because that's a feeling that can be fleeting. And I really don't care. It's a private thing to themselves only, not me. Makes no difference how someone feels inside to me, I am fine with it either way.
If you don't label yourself and feel your attractions are "fleeting," that would be commonly known as bisexuality, pansexuality, etc. There are many gray areas in human sexuality, I'll give you that - but most people know where they fall on the spectrum, and that is how sexual orientation is usually determined. But hey, you don't have to label yourself if you don't want to! Totally your choice to resist labeling, as long as you don't hate on those who do call themselves whatever.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:06 PM

Btw, since you seem to think people only "label children" (really not an accurate way to put it) because they want them sexually, that basically means you just called ME a pedophile. I'll control my language in regards to how I feel about that, but let's just say I wouldn't control myself if you said that to me offline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies