Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 10:10 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
Bigotry, nor religion, is part of the bible.
There is no bigotry in the Dhammapada and that is why, from a historical point of view, Buddhists do not have the horrific and disgusting track record of oppressing, persecuting and massacring people who do not share their religious in contrast to the centuries of Christian atrocities against others (especially the Jews).

Old 11-08-2013, 10:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
Problem is your dictionary defines them vastly different.
Hence your example of the definition of Homosexuality.
So if we cannot define words, we cannot effectively communicate because nothing is real.
Nothing is based in truth.
A dictionary is the accepted method of defining words.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM

I know a lot of beautiful gay and lesbian people.

To think there are homophobes in this day and age that harbor such ignorant prejudices and stereotypes against them.

What a pity.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM

442 posts, read 586,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think people who want to force their religious dogmas on other people have a serious psychological problem.

Many people in the LGBT community have made wonderful and positive contributions to society ... saved lives in the medical profession, served our country in the military, created great works of art, music and literature, won gold medals in the Olympics ...

I cannot for the life of me understand how some people still cling to their obnoxious prejudices and biases.
That is so true, thanks for making that point.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I know a lot of beautiful gay and lesbian people.

To think there are homophobes in this day day and age that harbor such ignorant prejudices and stereotypes against them.

What a pity.
I've known beautiful gay and lesbian people. Just a few

I've also know beautiful, yet ignorant people who deem others as prejudice and homophobic. But such is life...

Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 PM

33,509 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
I think people who want to force their religious dogmas on other people have a serious psychological problem.

Many people in the LGBT community have made wonderful and positive contributions to society ... saved lives in the medical profession, served our country in the military, created great works of art, music and literature, won gold medals in the Olympics ...

I cannot for the life of me understand how some people still cling to their obnoxious prejudices and biases.
Remember, all of us were made in the image of God. Gays too. Gays just define themselves through their sexual partners.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A dictionary is the accepted method of defining words.
It becomes problemsome when the words are defined differently.

And since there is no central book as truth (such as the Bible for Christians) then it becomes proble- some to determine context.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Their are and will be many unbelievers. God gave all a free will to decide what they will believe. Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few be there to find it. A quote of Jesus. The dead sea scrolls say different.. the bible has stayed the same.
No it hasn't. And there is no quote of jesus since he didn't write anything in the bible.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Remember, all of us were made in the image of God. Gays too. Gays just define themselves through their sexual partners.
No they don't.

Read Gary Alinder's excellent essay "My Gay Soul."

Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
It becomes problemsome when the words are defined differently.

And since there is no central book as truth (such as the Bible for Christians) then it becomes proble- some to determine context.
A DICTIONARY. That is the way that most of the free world defines words. No problem at all. You use a book that was designed specifically to give the definitions of words to get the definitions of words. You use a book of bronze age mythology to control the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.