Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Comprehension fail.
no. I asked for an example of when I was hypocritical. you failed to deliver my request.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:58 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The word of God judges...
...Taratova

Old 11-09-2013, 05:58 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Nope. Just pointing out the time-honored hypocrisy of those so called 'Christians' who abuse the Bible to support their prejudices and condemn others.

Wait... don't tell me YOU actually claim to be a Christian?

With YOUR posting history? LOL!
No person can condemn another person.. their sin condemns them.. all were in condemnation. Jesus comes to seek and save those that are in sin. We are all sinners and all can be saved through the grace of God who loves us in our sinful condition. Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus. It is written. No sin greater than the love of God for us.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
no. I asked for an example of when I was hypocritical. you failed to deliver my request.
I delivered it. You failed to comprehend what I delivered. Your entire posting history.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I delivered it. You failed to comprehend what I delivered. Your entire posting history.
oh believe me, I comprehended it just fine "mate." you gave zero examples, because there are none to give. I am consistent with my correct beliefs. again, you seem to want to dictate what the salvation army can and can't believe. what do they call those who want to dictate?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The word of God defined the act of homosexuality as lust and a lie.
Paul referred to heterosexual temple prostitutes and pagans using ritual vaginal and anal sex (male/female and male/male) to worship pagan fertility gods in the temples in 1st century Corinth in his letter to the Romans.

The only way to use that to condemn loving committed gay and lesbian couples in the 21st century is to perversely twist it out of it's original context.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:25 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
So far as the the business of homosexuality,
the level of discipline I observe is this.

Man is designed to mate with women , out side this design is a perversion to the design.
Mating with a woman is both chemical and emotional ,creating a bond like mixing two chemicals .
The only way to separate them is to destroy one of them.
One or both of them are severely diminished.
Making a bond /vow is a legal declaration done in public so that that relationship is exclusive that bond is recognized exclusive.
Vows/promises made are a mater of record by live witness and on paper registry for public knowledge.
This force of declaration makes the two exclusive to one another ,not inclusive to any one else .
Knowing whom ones parents are, IS a big deal ,meet some one that has an inherent illness with out warning, because they did not know their parent's history.
Some things are manageable, if you know to anticipate them.
I digress,
A man that has sex with another mans wife is essentially having sex with the other man involuntarily forced in this compromise.
Even if she is separated or divorced from her husband , no judgment can dissolve the bond the had been established previously.
If I mix the 2 parts of epoxy the resin and the catalyst ,and they are fixed , my saying something to the contrary cannot change what has already occurred.
Neither can a mere court, actually dissolve marriage.
The only way the marriage is dissolved is if one of the two die, as per the vow they established being wed.
If a spouse or ex spouse is making a similar vow to another person they are a liar at 2 counts.
If I were to use your best working lap top as a door stop, would that be appropriate?
why not ? it would work as a door stop . Every one can agree to that. So what would be the big problem ?

Old 11-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
oh believe me, I comprehended it just fine "mate." you gave zero examples, because there are none to give. I am consistent with my correct beliefs. again, you seem to want to dictate what the salvation army can and can't believe. what do they call those who want to dictate?
Your posts are certainly consistently hypocritical . That's why I posted a link to your entire posting history.

How am I 'dictating' anything to the SA? The SA can believe and say whatever they want, I'm not trying to stop them. In fact, I would encourage them to continue with trumpeting their prejudices. They are a great example of the hypocrisy of so-called 'Christians' who abuse the Bible.

(Not all members of the SA are vehemently anti-gay. Or all Christians for that matter. It's a shame that those who are so ignorant and prejudiced give all the others a bad rep.)

Old 11-09-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Your posts are certainly consistently hypocritical . That's why I posted a link to your entire posting history.

How am I 'dictating' anything to the SA? The SA can believe and say whatever they want, I'm not trying to stop them. In fact, I would encourage them to continue with trumpeting their prejudices. They are a great example of the hypocrisy of so-called 'Christians' who abuse the Bible.

(Not all members of the SA are vehemently anti-gay. Or all Christians for that matter. It's a shame that those who are so ignorant and prejudiced give all the others a bad rep.)
no. you can't provide a single example of me being hypocritical, so you try to generalize. sad actually. so you are focused on what you perceive as a negative in the salvation army, and ignoring the charitable things they do. that's misguided.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:31 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Salvation Army says gays need to be put to death

You know, I used to be a big fan of the Salvation Army, but this crosses a line. I mean I understand their right to not support the LGBT community and that's perfectly fine! What is not acceptable, however, is the fact that they call for the death of said community just because it says to do so in the bible.

Sorry Salvation Army, you get no more money from me.
Perhaps the title to this thread should be "liberals are liars" who cannot stop themselves from engaging in all manner of distortion and hyperbole in order to fan the flame of intolerance, and social upheaval?

It's rather despicable to deliberately attempt to harm an organization who have done so much for people in need for do many decades.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, but as most of us already know all too well, liberals are often shameless when it comes to promoting hate and discontent ... truth and honesty be damned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies