Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times

Advertisements

Just had a delicious burger. Don't know if there were transfats in it, though. I feel "deader" already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 05:51 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
I just read that even heating olive oil to sautee in it will cause it to have trans fats. Ban olive oil too? Warning!!!!! Do not COOK with this!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Wait until the Obamacare panel gets your supermarket store card record of puchases and appends it to your health care records. Don't say no one warned you.

Think I'm going to vote Libertarian...
I've been saying for years to not be surprised when someone shows up at your door unexpectedly to do an audit of your kitchen. After all, the government pays for your healthcare so they have the right to tell you what to eat and keep costs down.

Never thought about your idea but that seems more practical. One way or another that is what will happen. Government will have to make sure we do not eat anything 'unhealthy' in order to keep costs down.

I expect them to start measuring kids body weight in the schools also. If they determine the kid is too fat then the parent(s) will be charged with child abuse. Fat kids use more healthcare and cost more money.

And people that think government should be in charge of healthcare shouldn't complain either. It aint hard to figure out that one can link any behavior or action to health.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:09 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Just had a delicious burger. Don't know if there were transfats in it, though. I feel "deader" already.
If it was delicious it had trans fats.

Zero trans fats equals zero flavor.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post

Wrong.

Corn oil is for flavor, transfats are for non-rancidity shelf life.

Corn is the most addictive flavor on earth.

So far, the scientists won't say which is worse to eat, rancid or transfat.

I guess transfat is planned rancidity infused with planned flavoring.

The conquering of nature by man!

Popcorn tastes best cooked in coconut oil.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
Quote:

The processed food industry loves gullible idiots who think trans fats taste good

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
Quote:
I've been saying for years to not be surprised when someone shows up at your door unexpectedly to do an audit of your kitchen. After all, the government pays for your healthcare so they have the right to tell you what to eat and keep costs down.

Never thought about your idea but that seems more practical. One way or another that is what will happen. Government will have to make sure we do not eat anything 'unhealthy' in order to keep costs down.

I expect them to start measuring kids body weight in the schools also. If they determine the kid is too fat then the parent(s) will be charged with child abuse. Fat kids use more healthcare and cost more money.

And people that think government should be in charge of healthcare shouldn't complain either. It aint hard to figure out that one can link any behavior or action to health.
The government had been paying for health care for the most high risk people since Medicare was created

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Popcorn tastes best cooked in coconut oil.
Completely agree. Coconut oil is a very healthy fat too, but it was vilified by the theater industry as being unhealthy. So they switched from coconut oil to alternatives. The truth is that coconut oil was expensive and they saw a way to switch to a cheaper, unhealthier alternative while claiming it was in the best interests of their patrons.

I only use coconut oil when I make popcorn. It's wonderful.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM

Transfat-eating persons have rotted brains.

I'm surprised the Government banned them (the transfats).

When I think of transfats, I think of George W. Bushel.

Ever try to reason with someone afflicted with transfatted brain cells?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post

I only use coconut oil when I make popcorn.

Do it often, minus the GMO, or you'll come up short on your medium chain triglycerides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies